Buying online from Lazada

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Big Boy

Re: Buying online from Lazada

Post by Big Boy »

These items were not too cheap though. I paid proper prices. In fact one of the replacements I've ordered is cheaper than one of the counterfeit items I returned.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

What were they, if you don't mind me asking, and how do you know they were counterfeit (how do you know the replacement isnt counterfeit)?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

They were sunglasses. I was buying as a direct replacement for my existing sunglasses, so I knew the 'poser' brand name should appear on both arms and one lens (also as per the Lazada photographs). The received item was not marked with any brand name.

I will not know the authenticity of the replacement pair until I receive them.

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Well, the replacement sunglasses have arrived, and they are just as bad as the previous pair. I specifically stated original packaging, which cost more. I thought if I ask for original packing, they wouldn't take out an authentic pair and replace with a counterfeit pair. Wrong, there was no original packaging, so they took the extra money for nothing. They arrived in a scrunched up cardboard box - so scrunched up I was amazed the counterfeit glasses weren't damaged.
342524611_215842077855727_3568616902301536637_n.jpg
(200.98 KiB) Downloaded 649 times

So it's back to the drawing board, I need a half decent pair of sunglasses. Does anybody have any recommendations?

Points 48; Position 20
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Big Boy wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 2:05 pm Well, the replacement sunglasses have arrived, and they are just as bad as the previous pair. I specifically stated original packaging, which cost more. I thought if I ask for original packing, they wouldn't take out an authentic pair and replace with a counterfeit pair. Wrong, there was no original packaging, so they took the extra money for nothing. They arrived in a scrunched up cardboard box - so scrunched up I was amazed the counterfeit glasses weren't damaged.

342524611_215842077855727_3568616902301536637_n.jpg

So it's back to the drawing board, I need a half decent pair of sunglasses. Does anybody have any recommendations?
You could try Amazon or AliExpress ? They deliver to Thailand
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've just looked, but exactly the same thing (although Ali are even cheaper) i.e. with or without original packing. Original packaging increases the cost substantially.

This is getting stupid. I want new sunglasses, and all that I'm getting is a well loaded Lazada Wallet.

Points 48; Position 20
kettlebellrick
Novice
Novice

Post by kettlebellrick »

Lazada is fine until you want to return something. Recently ordered a MC Helmet for 2900. It did not fit. Would not accept exchange. Definitely not Amazon-like reference customer service.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

kettlebellrick wrote:Lazada is fine until you want to return something. Recently ordered a MC Helmet for 2900. It did not fit. Would not accept exchange. Definitely not Amazon-like reference customer service.
Crikey you must be unlucky!

I've returned about a dozen things to Lazada.... never had the slightest problem!

Go figure....

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:37 pm They were sunglasses. I was buying as a direct replacement for my existing sunglasses, so I knew the 'poser' brand name should appear on both arms and one lens (also as per the Lazada photographs). The received item was not marked with any brand name.

I will not know the authenticity of the replacement pair until I receive them.
What brand were they meant to be? If the price was unrealistically low, then that would be a clue something wasn't right.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The price was about right. The are Guztag - not well known, but a brand I've worn for a long time. Really comfortable, which is why I'm trying to replace like with like.

Points 48; Position 20
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Once again I've had a problem with Flash Express and their dodgy delivery service(Items were a couple of lime tree saplings so I was concerened about them drying out). After a visit to one of their outlets I finally tracked the package to their main office for Thap Tai area. It's at the old Lex Express warehouse at the top end of Soi 112 near to the newish 7/11. So if you see this on the Flash tracking page 2HUH_BDC-หัวหิน it will be lodged here. :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

kettlebellrick wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 3:25 pm Lazada is fine until you want to return something. Recently ordered a MC Helmet for 2900. It did not fit. Would not accept exchange. Definitely not Amazon-like reference customer service.
That's bad. I've been using Lazada for 7 years and returned quite a lot of dodgy (either fake or clearly not what I ordered) stuff with almost immediate refund. Nothing over 1000 Baht though as far as I remember though. I returned some rubber ring seals that were a couple of millimetres off the spec and so didn't make a proper seal, accepted back by Lazada without problem.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Call for policies to curb cheap online goods
E-commerce and retail pioneers have urged the government to impose strict measures to handle the flood of cheap and low-quality products available on online platforms that have affected local small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).

They also want the government to collect corporate tax on Chinese sellers of those products on the platforms.

According to the General Administration of Customs of China, China's cross-border e-commerce has become a new engine of the country's foreign trade development, with its volume doubling from 1 trillion yuan in 2018 to 2.11 trillion yuan (US$306 billion) in 2022.

Thanawat Malabuppha, honorary president and advisor to the Thai e-Commerce Association, said the Commerce Ministry should take a serious consideration over the influx of Chinese products sold on the online platforms, particularly amid the rise of TikTik Shop.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/ge ... line-goods

Posting this in here since Lazada is awash with cheap Chinese crap.

That said, I won't stop using the site, especially considering the savings on identical items sold at a premium in Hua Hin's shiny shopping mall stores.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

buksida wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:55 am That said, I won't stop using the site, especially considering the savings on identical items sold at a premium in Hua Hin's shiny shopping mall stores.
Exactly, what % of the Thai nation is calling for it? 1% of rich retailers, who are a bit of pocket money short as a result.

E-commerce and retail pioneers is an all encompassing phrase of what could be 1 or 2 real people.

Points 48; Position 20
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:07 am
buksida wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:55 am That said, I won't stop using the site, especially considering the savings on identical items sold at a premium in Hua Hin's shiny shopping mall stores.
Exactly, what % of the Thai nation is calling for it? 1% of rich retailers, who are a bit of pocket money short as a result.

E-commerce and retail pioneers is an all encompassing phrase of what could be 1 or 2 real people.
The WHOLE POINT is that items which look identical on Lazada, Shopee etc. very often aren't comparable in quality and often even aren't fit for purpose. And that's not even counting the items received which aren't even as advertised; photo descriptions are sometimes total lies, plus Chinese retails seem to just ship sizes and other specifications which they have in stock and hope that the buyer will just bin them and not bother to ask for refund, I'm sure they make money like this.

I am returning as many items now as I keep. Refund always are given quickly, but that's not the point. I deliberately don't select the cheapest offered, that way madness lies, but am still continually disappointed.

So yes, blame Lazada et al for continuing to allow those sellers which they continue to allow to sell on their website despite being made aware of those sellers' deficiencies through complaints.

Don't tell me to buy from 'local retailers'. It's usually things which you will never find in Hua Hin.

I STILL need to use Lazada, Shopee, etc. or face stupid import costs for actual brand replacements. Time is worth less than money to me these days, so I will keep going through the nightmare mill.