The i-things - Apple devices and software thread

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
pharvey

Re: Buying a new laptop

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:46 pm Banana IT are a fairly big chain in Thailand selling phones, laptops, printers and accessories - you can buy online but they have an outlet in MV in Hua Hin and the price was the same as online (online is often cheaper). I paid B14,900 which at the time = £335, whereas on Amazon in the UK it was £459 - this is for the 64GB non-cellular version.

Like a lot of things, I’m sure that some will be cheaper some more expensive, so best to check first.
Seems to be a hell of a deal, fair play and good to know :thumb:

As to my issue with the Lenovo, I've just "revisited" things and have found a way via a "Micro SD Card" rather than external storage. Have to say, I have a preference with Android over iOS, but then again the LHG has an iPad and loves it!!

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Buying a new laptop

Post by Dannie Boy »

pharvey wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:46 pm Banana IT are a fairly big chain in Thailand selling phones, laptops, printers and accessories - you can buy online but they have an outlet in MV in Hua Hin and the price was the same as online (online is often cheaper). I paid B14,900 which at the time = £335, whereas on Amazon in the UK it was £459 - this is for the 64GB non-cellular version.

Like a lot of things, I’m sure that some will be cheaper some more expensive, so best to check first.
Seems to be a hell of a deal, fair play and good to know :thumb:

As to my issue with the Lenovo, I've just "revisited" things and have found a way via a "Micro SD Card" rather than external storage. Have to say, I have a preference with Android over iOS, but then again the LHG has an iPad and loves it!!

:cheers: :cheers:
Apple obviously work on the principle of getting you hooked and then keeping you - I’m not really into having the biggest and latest versions of anything, but having an iPad and iPhone, everything is linked and virtually everything on one device is mirrored on the other so it makes life easier, especially for the older fraternity Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Re: The i-things - Apple devices and software thread

Post by Gregjam »

As a member of the older fraternity I have an iPhone, iPad and MacBook. Despite enjoying their reliability and general user friendliness I prefer Microsoft by a large margin for work applications leaving my interconnected gadgets for play.
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

The i-things - Apple devices and software thread

Post by Ralfredo »

Best place for battery replacement in old iPhone?

Hi!

I have an old iPhone that needs a battery replacement. Can anyone recommend a gode shop for this? In MV third floor, there's a gazillion places, but it's hard to know if which to choose. And I guess that MV isn't the only place for this kind of service.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Ralfredo wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:54 pm Best place for battery replacement in old iPhone?

Hi!

I have an old iPhone that needs a battery replacement. Can anyone recommend a gode shop for this? In MV third floor, there's a gazillion places, but it's hard to know if which to choose. And I guess that MV isn't the only place for this kind of service.
There’s an Authorised Apple dealer a bit further along from the Banana IT shop on the 3rd floor that provides a replacement battery service - obviously more expensive than the stalls, but no doubt you get what you pay for!!
buksida

Post by buksida »

U.S. hits Apple with antitrust suit, accusing tech giant of stifling competition
Apple Inc., one of the world's most valuable and influential companies, illegally engaged in anti-competitive behavior in an effort to build a "moat around its smartphone monopoly" and maximize its profits at the expense of consumers, the Justice Department alleged in a blockbuster antitrust lawsuit filed Thursday.

In a complaint filed in federal district court in New Jersey, the Justice Department accused the company of using its app development rules, iPhone features and hardware that customers use every day — including iMessage, Apple Wallet and smartwatches — to thwart competition and expand its business by charging higher prices. Fifteen states and the District of Columbia joined the Justice Department as plaintiffs in the suit.

"Apple has maintained monopoly power in the smartphone market not simply by staying ahead of the competition on the merits, but by violating federal antitrust law," Attorney General Merrick Garland said in remarks at Justice Department headquarters. "Consumers should not have to pay higher prices because companies break the law."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technolo ... r-BB1kiog1

No surprises there ...
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PeteC

Re: Looking For New Tablet

Post by PeteC »

Yes, the IPhone 15 has C into the phone and into the wall charger.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

PeteC wrote:Yes, the IPhone 15 has C into the phone and into the wall charger.
You got me thinking so I’ve checked again and my iPad 10 is USB C to USB C, but the iPhone 13’s for my wife and me are USB C at the charger end but Lightning at the phone end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The change from Lightening into the phone was either with 14 or the current 15. My beloved (and small) SE has Lightening. Everything here on out will have C in and out.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source