Motorbike Rules of The Road

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
PeteC

Motorbike Rules of The Road

Post by PeteC »

Pattaya is flooded with motorbikes. It's gotten to the point where driving my PU truck is like playing a video game trying not to hit them. The Thai's here have a very bad habit of obeying absolutely no rules at all. I.E., straddle lanes, hog lanes at slow speed, cut and swerve at will, AND THE MOST ANNOYING....weave their way to the front of the line at a red light and stop in the pedestrian cross walk area...(of course with the men in brown looking on and doing nothing). Then when the light turns green, they take their damn time getting going thus causing the car/truck traffic behind them to sometimes miss the light which could otherwise be easily made if they had stayed in the proper lane, behind the vehicle in front of them LIKE IT SHOULD BE DONE. Unfortunately, many dim witted farangs, both resident and tourist, think they are Thai (I guess) and try to copy the antics of the Thai motorcyclist...may times resulting in them scraping car fenders as they try to weave through traffic or, actually getting the bike stuck between front and rear bumpers of the cars in line. ICING ON THE CAKE..they then sit there with a shit grin on their face like "it was not my fault..I'm a farang or tourist." If they're non English speaking, they use that like a crutch trying to get out of the problem they and only they got themselves into. I told my better half today that if I ever hit one, remind me to back up several times over them to avoid complications. UGGGGH. Thanks for the vent. :guns:

You folks experience the same madness in HH? Pete
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

The Thai Motorcyclist.

Indicators, What are they for then? We'll take them off.
Mirrors, Don't use those, off with the buggers.
Silencer, Change it for a really noisy one. That's better.
Lights, Don't want to waste power so disconnect them as well.
Servicing, Whats the point its too expensive and I like emitting great plumes or smoke anyway!
Wheels, change those for really skinny ones with teeny tiny tyres.
Change the seat for one that's about 1mm thick with a picture of a scorpion on it.
Attach a few strange lights under the bike so when I brake its like a mobile disco.
Say a few prayers and off we jolly well go.
I'll go like billyo on the straights and s-l-o-w right down to a stop for the corners.
If I want to go left or right then I will swoop across the road like an exocet missile. If someone screams at me or nearly hits me I won't know because I won't be looking anyway.
If I die today its the will of Buddha!
www.35mmview.com
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

:D :thumb:
Good one.