A milestone

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
lomuamart

A milestone

Post by lomuamart »

Not that it's been any sort of race, but you're on 999 posts now Buksida.
Get another one on here to make the millenium.
Thanks for all your work, effort, perserverence etc in keeping with this forum. It's now grown into what it is today, largely through your efforts.
Break open a cold one tonight :cheers:
buksida

Post by buksida »

Well, I'll get my grand by replying to this then!

Whos next? You're looking pretty close yourself.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

buksida wrote:
Whos next? You're looking pretty close yourself.
Don't tempt me. :wink: :wink: :wink:

BTW shouldn't it be a kilostone?
:shock: :idea:
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

That would make it a Greek, rather than a Latin thousand, of course. Killenium just doesn't sound right somehow!

How about a 'Pun-stone?'
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue stone?
Is that right Jaime?
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

You know: pun = thousand in Thai. Its a play on words geddit - a 'pun.' *Sigh* (affected and melodramatic) Sometimes I wonder if I am too cerebral for this forum. I am off to a seance now to discuss the meaning of life with Spike Milligan and Mahatma Gandhi.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Jaime wrote:You know: pun = thousand in Thai. Its a play on words geddit - a 'pun.' *Sigh* (affected and melodramatic) Sometimes I wonder if I am too cerebral for this forum. I am off to a seance now to discuss the meaning of life with Spike Milligan and Mahatma Gandhi.
That should be interesting.
Let us know how you got on.
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Jaime wrote:You know: pun = thousand in Thai. Its a play on words geddit - a 'pun.' *Sigh* (affected and melodramatic) Sometimes I wonder if I am too cerebral for this forum. I am off to a seance now to discuss the meaning of life with Spike Milligan and Mahatma Gandhi.
To give Norseman his due credit, it took me a few minutes to figure it out and English is my first language. BTW I thought the regular spelling in most transliterations systems was PAN.

There are others here who are cerebrally inclined. (Of course I would not be so profane as to include myself).

As for the seance, why the hell did you not give me some advanced notice. I would have been glad to attend with Dennis Thatcher and David Beckham.

I might have even been abled to arrange for one of Dennis's alleged offsping to attend.

Anyway I have changed my opinion now, (which of course is my perrogative) and I think it should be HinMai.
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

Well, Mahatma used the metaphor of the hand loom to summarise his thoughts and I couldn't hear much of what Spike was saying because Harry Secombe was in the background blowing raspberries but I got enough of it to gather that Spike is just depressed about the whole meaning of life thing. Spike also said that life is wasted on the living.

They did both confirm though that they are both avid readers of HHAD but are frustrated that they have no material form in order to make posts. They both passed on their congratulations to Buksida on his 1000 posts anyway! :D

Funnily enough Dennis Thatcher did try and gate crash the seance but was covered in ecto-saliva by Harry, which put him off and we could not reach David Beckham.

Guess, not that it really matters but I have only ever seen 'pun' written as 'pun' in text books (we have numerous ones in Casa Jaime) but apologies to Norseman for the antics of my obtuse cerebellum anyway! :cheers:
buksida

Post by buksida »

And in true spirit of HHAD we're now talking about Dennis Thatcher, Transliteration and the Bolivian navy.

I agree with "pun" ... a pan is something you cook eggs in :mrgreen:
Jim
Guru
Guru

Post by Jim »

I guess much of the punning problem is which bit of England (or Britain) you come from determines how you say it. Always a problem, but I find trying Geordie works best on transliterated Thai.

But there's no doubting that Buks is one tenth of the way to a moonstone.
ดวงขึ้น
จิม
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Now common chaps, lets get back on track and move forward the the next milestone (HinMai) before all lashes from the centurion.
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

Hey lomu!!
1001 Posts now.

Silver medal for you.

Keep up the good work.
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Norseman wrote:Hey lomu!!
1001 Posts now.

Silver medal for you.

Keep up the good work.
Does that mean that I have to settle for a Bronze.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

If I don't ban ya before!!! :cheers: