Anyone interrest in playing some board games?

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Phaelist
Novice
Novice

Anyone interrest in playing some board games?

Post by Phaelist »

Hi there,

Anyone interested in playing some Board games? I am a board games Maniac who went to Hua Hin to work 3 days a week. I own quite a collection(50+) of board games and can bring several games there each weeks. I am looking to make a board game group who are free on maybe thursday or maybe friday night.

This is just for fun and it's not commercial in any way.

list of my favorite board games from the top of my head

Through the ages
Agricola
Eclipse
Battlestar Galactica
Twilight Struggle
For sale
Cacasone
Seven Wonders
Mage Knight
etc...

If you're interested, post something here or send a message.

Beginners are welcome! I am willing to teach

Beam
blue05
Guru
Guru

Re: Anyone interrest in playing some board games?

Post by blue05 »

I was thinking draughts
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

I've never heard of any of the games you've mentioned... they sound more like 'role play games', am I right?

If you're genuinely interested in a board games club then probably best to start with more traditional games like chess, monopoly, scrabble etc... you'd be likely to draw a better crowd. If it's only role play style games you want to play then you might want to PM a mod to change the title. Role Players, if there are any out here, might skip over a "board game" thread, whilst with the current title you may well draw more attention from the wrong type of players.
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Post by wenshidi »

Did anybody manage to join up with Beam for some board gaming sessions?
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

wenshidi wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:10 pm Did anybody manage to join up with Beam for some board gaming sessions?
It was a long time ago so probably not relevant now?
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:51 pm
wenshidi wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:10 pm Did anybody manage to join up with Beam for some board gaming sessions?
It was a long time ago so probably not relevant now?
That would be funny as hell if he popped up immediately, after seven years, and wrote, “Nope. Not yet.” Haha!
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Post by wenshidi »

I was just interested, as board games have taken off in a massive way up in Bangkok. Channels like BGN are very popular with younger Thais, while everybody down in Hua Hin seems to be of the generation that was scarred for life by Monopoly and who are relatively unaware of the Eurogame rennaissance.
There are now board game cafes springing up all over Asia from Seoul to Jakarta. I have visited a few on my travels in places like Penang and Kl and Guangzhou, and I read that there are now more than 200 in Beijing alone. HH is a bit provincial and takes a while to catch up, but the current shakeout of tourism businesses might mean that places more popular with the locals might open up in the future. I will keep my fingers crossed.