2014 Toyota Fortuner

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Bomber
Amateur
Amateur

2014 Toyota Fortuner

Post by Bomber »

I am looking to purchase a new Toyota Fortuner and I have heard that the new 2014 is due to be released shortly. Does anyone know when this is likely to be? and also do the dealers here do special pricing on old "run out models"?

Thanks Bomber
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: 2014 Toyota Fortuner

Post by Dannie Boy »

I read that it's not being introduced until the end of the year, but no exact date but take that as December. Before then, Toyota will introduce a new Hilux on which the Fortuner is based.

From what I have seen with outgoing models, although there may be some discounting, what I believe they tend to do is load them up with extras at the normal price.
Frank Hovis
Legend
Legend

Re: 2014 Toyota Fortuner

Post by Frank Hovis »

I had seen a report that said that Toyota were going to delay a real new generation version until late 2015 / early 2016 due to slow sales in 2013 / 2014 (expected) but minor facelifts would be released mid-2014 along with minor power upgrades and towing capacity, about 177 bhp for the 3000 TD.

I can't find that report now but perhaps look to styling cues from the Toyota Sequoia in the US for the next generation of Fortuner.

Agree with Dannie Boy, you are likely to get more extras and maybe cheaper finance for last years model than an actual cash discount.