Hua Hin Restaurant News

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: Hua Hin Restaurant News

Post by Pagey »

Jack_Batty wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:24 pm
caller wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:42 pm
Jack_Batty wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:31 am First BK and now McD’s. Those places must have really relied on the after-hours crowd after Bintabaht and the karaoke complex shut down for the night. I wonder how long it will be until one or both move to the area around 94?
Well, burger king has been shut for ages, so not much chance I would suggest.
Once Oasis is up and running, coupled with Wonderland, the existing bars on 94, and the promise of future business at Maldives, it will only follow that the usual, late-night, bar-closing culinary suspects shall appear. All those drunk bar customers (being optimistic that, yes, there will one day be a time of a lot of bar customers) will want that greasy fast food again. I think BK and McD’s will be there…somewhere.
They have the original Bintaburger which has relocated to Soi 94 already. :cheers:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Once Oasis is up and running, coupled with Wonderland, the existing bars on 94, and the promise of future business at Maldives, it will only follow that the usual, late-night, bar-closing culinary suspects shall appear. All those drunk bar customers (being optimistic that, yes, there will one day be a time of a lot of bar customers) will want that greasy fast food again. I think BK and McD’s will be there…somewhere.
Not necessarily. Neither McD's or BK will open on site as both companies are franchised out so becomes a private entity. The cash requirement to enter into either franchise is very very expensive. It would need someone with a lot of liquid cash.

Maybe someone from the CP family. They seem to own most other things.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Approximate fee information from the USA. I throw in 7-11 just for info.

McDonald's franchisee applicants must have a minimum of $500,000 available in liquid assets and pay a $45,000 franchise fee. Those looking to launch a new McDonald's franchise can expect to shell out between $1,314,500 and $2,306,500. Existing franchise prices can cost upwards of $1 million or more.

Burger King Franchise Cost /Initial Investment/ Burger King Franchise. The franchise fee is $50,000, and requires a total investment of anywhere between $316,100 and $2,660,600. Franchise agreements include an additional royalty fee of 4.5%. Franchise incomes vary by location.

To buy a franchise with 7-Eleven, you'll need to have at least $50,000 in liquid capital and a minimum net worth of $150,000. Franchisees can expect to make a total investment of $37,200 - $1,635,200. 7-Eleven charges a franchise fee of $0 - $1,000,000. They also offer financing as well as a discount for veterans.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Pagey wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:57 am
Jack_Batty wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:47 am
huahin4ever wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:02 am Anyone know what is going to open where White Crown in Soi 94 was?

YNWA
News to me. My girl, who seems to have the pulse on everything happening in Hua Hin, believes it is just renovations. I hope that is the case, because I haven’t dined there yet, and I’ve heard that the food is really good.
There is a sign outside, Firepit I think or something similar, sounds like a franchise?
Firehouse is it's name, I was close.............. :laugh:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

Pagey wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:53 pm
Jack_Batty wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:47 am

News to me. My girl, who seems to have the pulse on everything happening in Hua Hin, believes it is just renovations. I hope that is the case, because I haven’t dined there yet, and I’ve heard that the food is really good.
There is a sign outside, Firepit I think or something similar, sounds like a franchise?
Do we know anything more about it? I immediately thought of Engine House, which used to me at Market Village, next to McD’s. I like the food and decor. Too bad it was always empty. It also reminded me of Firehouse Subs, a popular sandwich chain in the US. I’m sure the name is only a coincidence.
Last edited by Jack_Batty on Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

Apparently had a soft opening this week

Firehouse Bar and Grill
093 031 2715
https://maps.app.goo.gl/Bshkh51VE4ZERvaTA

Website not fully up.yet

https://firehouse94.com/
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

Jack_Batty wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:56 pm
Pagey wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:53 pm

Do we anything more about it? I immediately thought of Engine House, which used to be at Market Village, next to McD’s. I liked the food and decor. Too bad it was always empty. It also reminded me of Firehouse Subs, a popular sandwich chain in the US. I’m sure the name is only a coincidence.
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

fft100 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:11 pm Apparently had a soft opening this week

Firehouse Bar and Grill
093 031 2715
https://maps.app.goo.gl/Bshkh51VE4ZERvaTA

Website not fully up.yet

https://firehouse94.com/
Just having “bar & grill” in a restaurant’s name makes my ears perk up. Sounds promising. The two 5-star reviews that are already up, since last week, are a bit sus, seeing how there hasn’t even been a soft opening yet, and both reviewers appear to have only one and three reviews to their profiles respectively.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: TripAdvisor Offers Shallow Advice Concerning Hua Hin Restaurants

Post by handdrummer »

I see that Ga Hanoi has opened a 2nd restaurant, across the road from Market Village with the same menu, prices, and "big Parking." It's called Kin U Dee.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Mona Cafe review moved here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=40877

Whilst we welcome restaurant reviews, finding a restaurant with car parking and whisky in Hua Hin is not news.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

According to Google Maps, the restaurant "Mr Mon" on Soi 112 is permanently closed. Is this true? If it is, does anyone know why?
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

It's been closed for quite a while. I think (but I may be wrong) that it's down to a 'family separation' if you get my drift.

That left Mr. Mon on his own.
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

HHTel wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:09 pm It's been closed for quite a while. I think (but I may be wrong) that it's down to a 'family separation' if you get my drift.

That left Mr. Mon on his own.
Sorry to hear that! I really liked him and often had breakfast, or took home dinner, from his restaurant. I haven't been to Hua Hin since March 2020 so this was news for me. Thanks!
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

Maybe not really news, but Cool Breeze has moved to Kanjanomai Alley close to Naresdamri Road.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Ralfredo wrote:Maybe not really news, but Cool Breeze has moved to Kanjanomai Alley close to Naresdamri Road.
I heard that too, is it the old Red Piano place?

I used to go to a nice bar opposite there too, can't recall the name....

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk