Rory Proves dating a Tennis pro improves your game.

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Rory Proves dating a Tennis pro improves your game.

Post by MrPlum »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/20598945

I thought after Rory fell for Caroline Wozniacki his game would suffer but it was only a blip. You can't fault him this year.
blue05
Guru
Guru

Re: Rory Proves dating a Tennis pro improves your game.

Post by blue05 »

he was certainly the greatest amatuer the world has ever seen, he may yet become the greatest pro
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Let's hope the media don't kill him off, Doubt it though as he seems to have the admiration and support from all his fellow professional golfers
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

richard wrote:Let's hope the media don't kill him off, Doubt it though as he seems to have the admiration and support from all his fellow professional golfers
Does he? From what I've read he's an arrogant A Hole.

Golf commentator Jay Townsend had the audacity to do his job and comment on McIlroy's golf game.

McIlroy classily took to Twitter to respond "Shut up—You're a commentator and a failed golfer, your opinion means nothing to me!"

Ever humble McIlroy, 3 weeks after cheating on his girlfriend and going public on his relationship with then WTA number one Wozniacki, stated "It's nice to be going out with somebody with my sense of ambition and talent".

Continuing the 'entitlement' theme, Rory threatened that he wouldn't do interviews with The Golf Channel after they predicted him to lose his opening game in the matchplay. He eventually did win his opening match before complaining that he wasn't given enough TV coverage. The next day, he got his TV coverage and got smoked by lowly Ben Crane.

Rory pulls out of The Players Championship citing 'the course not fitting his eye'. Respected commentator and coach Butch Harmon comments that Sawgrass is a course that takes years to truly get a feel for and that somebody as talented as McIlroy may be premature if he's writing it off.

McIlroy responds with:

"If I'm too young to know if I like a course or not Butch is too old to coach...... Patronising. Old. Stuck in his old ways"

Rickie Fowler wins Rookie Of The Year. Instead of congratulating him, McIlroy responds:

"It's something that would have been nice, and I think I deserved. I think if you ask anybody who knows the game they would have picked me if they were being honest. I know for a fact, from just having a chat, that a lot of people were unhappy with the decision; and I mean fellow pros and the golf media here. People who know what they're talking about. I think my performances definitely speak for themselves - but I can't change my nationality and I think that's what got it for Rickie."
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

BaaBaa. wrote:
richard wrote:Let's hope the media don't kill him off, Doubt it though as he seems to have the admiration and support from all his fellow professional golfers
Does he? From what I've read he's an arrogant A Hole.

Golf commentator Jay Townsend had the audacity to do his job and comment on McIlroy's golf game.

McIlroy classily took to Twitter to respond "Shut up—You're a commentator and a failed golfer, your opinion means nothing to me!"

Ever humble McIlroy, 3 weeks after cheating on his girlfriend and going public on his relationship with then WTA number one Wozniacki, stated "It's nice to be going out with somebody with my sense of ambition and talent".

Continuing the 'entitlement' theme, Rory threatened that he wouldn't do interviews with The Golf Channel after they predicted him to lose his opening game in the matchplay. He eventually did win his opening match before complaining that he wasn't given enough TV coverage. The next day, he got his TV coverage and got smoked by lowly Ben Crane.

Rory pulls out of The Players Championship citing 'the course not fitting his eye'. Respected commentator and coach Butch Harmon comments that Sawgrass is a course that takes years to truly get a feel for and that somebody as talented as McIlroy may be premature if he's writing it off.

McIlroy responds with:

"If I'm too young to know if I like a course or not Butch is too old to coach...... Patronising. Old. Stuck in his old ways"

Rickie Fowler wins Rookie Of The Year. Instead of congratulating him, McIlroy responds:

"It's something that would have been nice, and I think I deserved. I think if you ask anybody who knows the game they would have picked me if they were being honest. I know for a fact, from just having a chat, that a lot of people were unhappy with the decision; and I mean fellow pros and the golf media here. People who know what they're talking about. I think my performances definitely speak for themselves - but I can't change my nationality and I think that's what got it for Rickie."
Seems like a very nice.................AH!!
Somchai Turdsak

Post by Somchai Turdsak »

... all but vanished.
Somchai Turdsak

Brain dead McIlroy uses Open as practice

Post by Somchai Turdsak »

If you watched him putt INTO a bunker on Friday, you'll understand why the press is eating him alive.
You know times are tough for the world’s No. 2-ranked player when he uses a major to prepare for something else.

But so it goes these days for a slumping Rory McIlroy, who, after opening with a 79 on Thursday at Muirfield, said he treated Friday’s 18 as a “practice” round.

“I needed to get off to a fast start to have any chance of being here for the weekend but I was five over through seven holes, so that didn’t really happen,” McIlroy said. “After that I just decided to try and I guess practice a little bit for the next few weeks coming up. I decided that I was going to hit driver every hole that I could, because that’s going to be a big factor the next few weeks, and I actually drove the ball pretty well, and ended up playing the last 11 holes even par.”

Modest as it sounds, even-par through 11 marked a vast improvement for the 24-year-old two-time major champ, who described himself as “brain dead” and “unconscious” during Thursday’s eight-over par first round.

It was also too little, too late. McIlroy finished with a 75 on Friday and missed the cut, the first time he failed to make the weekend at the British.

On the upside, McIlroy’s next event is the WGC Bridgestone Invitational in Akron, Ohio, where there is no cut. So he’s got that going for him.
http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2013/07 ... z2ZstFwoxu
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Real shame that the unasuming kid he was has become what he has.... a young upstart who has his family managing him and thinks he is gods gift to golf. He needs to have a massive slump in form and continue playing crap and slump in the rankings. He has to understand that everyone has to work hard and noone is bigger than the game... lets see if he has any brains after all. I hope he does cause he sure has the talent.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

JW wrote:Real shame that the unasuming kid he was has become what he has.... a young upstart who has his family managing him and thinks he is gods gift to golf. He needs to have a massive slump in form and continue playing crap and slump in the rankings. He has to understand that everyone has to work hard and noone is bigger than the game... lets see if he has any brains after all. I hope he does cause he sure has the talent.
:agree: and sadly Caroline Wozniacki having the samme kind of story.

:cheers: :cheers:
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

I suppose they could count their money whilst being miserable.