Dried Peas

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Big Boy

Dried Peas

Post by Big Boy »

Is there anywhere in Hua Hin that I can buy dried peas? Christmas will not smell the same without home made mushy peas.

Or is the only option to get them posted to me from the UK?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Dried Peas

Post by richard »

Ask Barry at Victoria cafe in soi 80

His are the only real mushies I've had over here.

They are authentic too. Dried peas soaked over night
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Sounds like a plan - thank you richard.

Points 48; Position 20
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

there must be loads of places to get them as sinatras do their own and so do gifs
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hmmmm...... I've looked (walked up and down each aisle at least twice) in Tesco, Makro, G and Villa Market. I can't see them. Maybe I'm looking for some traditional UK type packaging. Whatever, I can't find them. I haven't looked in the Shopping Mall yet.

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I don't see any mushy peas on this Christmas plate. :D Pete :cheers:
index.jpg
index.jpg (15.29 KiB) Viewed 1224 times
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

prcscct wrote:I don't see any mushy peas on this Christmas plate. :D Pete :cheers:
index.jpg

Wow, that is a damn good looking plate!!!
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

For me there has to be a good helping of roast chicken, sage & onion stuffing, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, carrots, swede, sprouts and mushy peas, or it aint Christmas.

I wouldn't dream of Roasted Chestnuts, Cranberry Sauce, Bread Sauce, Turkey, Chestnut Stuffing, Pigs in Blankets or bacon on my plate. Some of that stuff would actually ruin my Christmas Dinner.

Points 48; Position 20
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

As Richard said, Barry at Victorias on Soi 80. About a month ago I was there waiting for my F & C and a guy came in and bought a BUCKET FULL of dried peas. I wouldn't want to be down wind of him the next day :roll:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Big Boy wrote:For me there has to be a good helping of roast chicken, sage & onion stuffing, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, carrots, swede, sprouts and mushy peas, or it aint Christmas.

I wouldn't dream of Roasted Chestnuts, Cranberry Sauce, Bread Sauce, Turkey, Chestnut Stuffing, Pigs in Blankets or bacon on my plate. Some of that stuff would actually ruin my Christmas Dinner.
I stole the pic from here: http://resources.woodlands-junior.kent. ... inner.html I'm a novice when it comes to British food, except breakfast and cottage pie. :wink: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

S T O P T H I E F ! ! !

Seriously, and :offtopic: , if we get to Pattaya in the next week or two as planned, do you know of anywhere over there that I can buy dried peas at?

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Big Boy wrote:S T O P T H I E F ! ! !

Seriously, and :offtopic: , if we get to Pattaya in the next week or two as planned, do you know of anywhere over there that I can buy dried peas at?
No direct experience but I would think: 1) Foodland (near Sukhumvit/Central Road), 2) TOPS (Central Road/2nd Road), 3)Friendship (South Pattaya Road/near Second Road), 4) Villa (Second Road/across Royal Garden. In that order. All the Expats shop in one or all and at least a couple has to have them. Pete :cheers:
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Big Boy wrote:Is there anywhere in Hua Hin that I can buy dried peas? Christmas will not smell the same without home made mushy peas.

Or is the only option to get them posted to me from the UK?
I thought I saw them in HH Makro. They were from a company called McGarrett ( Aussie?) and were around or near to the aisle that sells tinned Tuna, past the water sales area
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Foodland for sure, as Pete says - alos the big Makro store in Pattaya South
daio
Amateur
Amateur

Post by daio »

will be comming to huahin around the 15dec.no problem to stick a couple of boxes of dried peas in case.just let me know.