Run / jog

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
magpiecccc
Novice
Novice

Run / jog

Post by magpiecccc »

Hi all,

What is the best time of the day to go for a jog in hua hin? I am a novice who can struggle out about 5km's so if there is a better time of day for some outside exercise, any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

PS I will be in HH late September
Last edited by magpiecccc on Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Boy

Re: Run / jog

Post by Big Boy »

Not me personally, but my son tends to go jogging just as the sun is coming up - much cooler then.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Definitely mornings. I don't jog but do walk the beach quite a bit and to set out at 8-9am is almost getting too late if I'm going to Khao Takieb and back which'll take me about 3 hours.
It can rain in the afternoons.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

magpiecccc wrote:Hi all,

What is the best time of the day to go for a jog in hua hin? I am a novice who can struggle out about 5km's so if there is a better time of day for some outside exercise, any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

PS I will be in HH late September
If you want to run at the coolest time then early morning or late afternoon - which seems pure common sense, unless you are looking to loose some weight then I suppose lunch time is more suitable !!
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
toeknee
Rookie
Rookie

Post by toeknee »

Hi magpiecccc

Definately mornings are cooler, as has been mention in previous posts, but also less traffic (depending on where you run), if you get up early enough the soi dogs are also still asleep.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Early morning, armed with a shotgun and plenty of ammo. :laugh:

I would suggest you use one of the beaches unless you enjoy the thrill of having to negotiate your way through packs of soi dogs. :D
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

best for me is February 30th

(sorry)
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

I run five days a week about 5-6km as you do. Used to run at 7am and would get warmer through run as the sun got higher. I now run at 6am and temperature is as cool as it will be then until about 7am. At 6am very likely cloud cover to keep it cool. Great to swim in pool after the sweat generated by the run.