nice girl

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Wesu

Post by Wesu »

Private Dancer is just a novel... I mean, if you read all the warnings, all the negative books there is, there is atleast one about everything in life. In the end, you are damn wise, but you haven't had anything else in your life. You don't need to be stupid and too "blue eyed", just do what you want, but only bet what you can afford to lose. Read all the books, mind all the warnings, have your dreams and make it on the middle road...

Or then...

"If you wanna live life on your own terms
You gotta be willing to crash and burn" - Nikki Sixx
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I've got a short essay at home by Leather. In the book, he states that the central character was not him. In the essay which, apart from a few changes, is the same as the book, he says it did happen to him.
I agree with Wesu that there are always fools, particualrly the first time they come over, but the girls can be pretty persuasive and I would reckon that even long term ex pats would admit to have been taken for a ride at some point, if they were being honest.
I know plenty of them - myself included.