E-books and e-book readers

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
buksida

Re: E-books and e-book readers

Post by buksida »

Yep, TOR browser still works. Its painfully slow like using the internet in the 90s, but you can still search for and download titles from Z-lib on it.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

OK - I'm one for paper and books! BUT during my times travelling for work for weeks/months on end, "Proper Books" weren't an option. I have a shed load of "Ebooks" on file therefore, but they're mostly in pdf format. Not a problem to read, but the annoying thing is I have to restart and find the page/paragraph I was reading everytime I go back to it - are there any (free) readers out there that will save your position in the book/magazine?

And by the way, Anna's Archive is excellent! Thanks lomu :thumb:

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

pharvey wrote:OK - I'm one for paper and books! BUT during my times travelling for work for weeks/months on end, "Proper Books" weren't an option. I have a shed load of "Ebooks" on file therefore, but they're mostly in pdf format. Not a problem to read, but the annoying thing is I have to restart and find the page/paragraph I was reading everytime I go back to it - are there any (free) readers out there that will save your position in the book/magazine?

And by the way, Anna's Archive is excellent! Thanks lomu :thumb:

PocketBook is what I use. It's on Google Play. It contains ads but they're not intrusive and don't interrupt reading.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

I've used Aldiko for years. Uses E Pub format. No ads. I find it easy to use and import books.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
londongeorge

Post by londongeorge »

I use ReadEra. It's free, no ads, reads all formats and easy to use.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

My Z Library is working perfectly - so perhaps others here not having the trouble they mentioned earlier this month.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

londongeorge wrote:I use ReadEra. It's free, no ads, reads all formats and easy to use.
Looks good. ImageImage
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Thanks for the recommendations guys - will check them out :thumb:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

There's a few books that I've been looking for and have managed to find and download from https://annas-archive.org/ but they were in .DjVu format (not something I was familiar with) - I did however find a site to convert to pdf. This site converts several formats free online (no need to download software), so may well be useful to others. :thumb:

https://djvu2pdf.com/

titomiako
Novice
Novice

Post by titomiako »

I just logged into Zlibrary using Firefox and was able to download some books. First time I've been able to log in using Firefox for a few months.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Lost wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:59 am
lomuamart wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:40 pm Looking at the wikipedia entry for zlibrary, I came across Anna's Archive as an alternative.

Have just downloaded one book from there but have had no success afterwards although I haven't spent much time on the site. At first glance, the library seems extensive and says it incorporates zlibrary as well as other sources.
Tor browser z-library still works fine for me though a little slow, but that Anna's Archive is a great little find lomu. Has worked fine for me for a few books. Always good to have choices.

:cheers:
I have been unable to download from Z Iibrary today. I last used it 2/3 months ago and all was fine.
Anybody else with info please
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

PET wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 3:12 pm
lomuamart wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:40 pm Looking at the wikipedia entry for zlibrary, I came across Anna's Archive as an alternative.

Have just downloaded one book from there but have had no success afterwards although I haven't spent much time on the site. At first glance, the library seems extensive and says it incorporates zlibrary as well as other sources.
Tor browser z-library still works fine for me though a little slow, but that Anna's Archive is a great little find lomu. Has worked fine for me for a few books. Always good to have choices.

I have been unable to download from Z Iibrary today. I last used it 2/3 months ago and all was fine.
Just signed in and downloaded from here. https://zlibrary-asia.se/ appears to be working fine. Original link I was using has the fbi seized thingy now.

I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I'm using Anna'a Archive, and I've found everything I've looked for. Excellent site. https://annas-archive.org/
This is the way
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Lost wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 3:28 pm
PET wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 3:12 pm

Just signed in and downloaded from here. https://zlibrary-asia.se/ appears to be working fine. Original link I was using has the fbi seized thingy now.

Thank you Lost I have made the change and also downloaded Anna's Archivist which is also good, so thanks everybody.
buksida

Post by buksida »

The Tor browser version still works also.

http://bookszlibb74ugqojhzhg2a63w5i2atv ... ead.onion/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson