The Pick-Up Truck Thread

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: The Pick-Up Truck Thread

Post by Dannie Boy »

PeteC wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:51 pm Yeah, I'm trying to convince him to buy Japanese! :lach:
Japanese as in designed in Japan but made in Thailand?
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I've no idea what the actual dimensions are but I'd say that our new Isuzu is slightly smaller inside than the Hilux I had before.
It's no problem for me but might be for others.
One thing I've been happy with is the smaller 1.9 engine, it's much more economical for local driving, smoother at tick over when you're stuck in traffic and with no noticeable lack of power for normal driving.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:52 pm
PeteC wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:51 pm Yeah, I'm trying to convince him to buy Japanese! :lach:

Japanese as in designed in Japan but made in Thailand?
:cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:52 pm ........ I didn't even know such dimensions were available.
The data is not on the manufacturer's websites. I had to dig down into other sources, and impossible as of now to find any interior dimensions for the new Triton. Very odd to me as every car I've ever bought in the USA the interior dimensions are readily available. It's an important item for most there, probably as more varied and much bigger driver body sizes than in Asia.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Re: Electric Vehicles (EV) Thread

Post by Big Boy »

buksida wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:53 pm the truck did about 850km per fill and there was a fair bit of off-roading and up-hilling!
Wow!!! What size tank have you got. I always thought mine was economical, but that sounds brilliant, especially with off-roading and up-hilling.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

75L per Google. I looked it up as my Pajero Sport had either 65 or 69.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

So what is your “truck”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:31 pm
buksida wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:53 pm the truck did about 850km per fill and there was a fair bit of off-roading and up-hilling!
Wow!!! What size tank have you got. I always thought mine was economical, but that sounds brilliant, especially with off-roading and up-hilling.
We now have a 1.9 Isuzu D Max. Some people have managed to get 1400km out of one tank:
https://www.cfaomobility.co.za/isuzu-tr ... xperience/
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thanks for the answers guys, and sorry for the off topic question. 5 litres smaller than my tank, and people used to call me a liar when I wasn't even getting close to those mpg figures. Off-roading and up-hilling, my consumption is a bitch. I guess things have advanced a lot further than I had realised.

Very impressed, and that Isuzu sounds absolutely brilliant.

:offtopic:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

The Pick-Up Truck Thread

Post by buksida »

Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:39 pm So what is your “truck”?
Mitsubishi Triton, I think its a 2.4 Turbo Diesel.

It will do a thousand km on a fill if mostly highway cruising at 100-120kph. We were offroading and up and down mountains which obviously burns more fuel. The entire 2,500km trip including all the Mad Max roads cost about 5,800 THB in fuel.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, I've been looking it up, and it seems extremely economical compared with the new 2.0 Ford Ranger.

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

buksida wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:39 pm So what is your “truck”?
Mitsubishi Triton, I think its a 2.4 Turbo Diesel.

It will do a thousand km on a fill if mostly highway cruising at 100-120kph. We were offroading and up and down mountains which obviously burns more fuel. The entire 2,500km trip including all the Mad Max roads cost about 5,800 THB in fuel.
That’s the same engine as I had in my Pajero Sport - does yours have an 8-speed auto box too? I never did any long journeys in that - only once did it go as far as as Bangkok to collect family from the airport, but even on shorter runs it was fairly economical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buksida

Post by buksida »

Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:16 pm That’s the same engine as I had in my Pajero Sport - does yours have an 8-speed auto box too? I never did any long journeys in that - only once did it go as far as as Bangkok to collect family from the airport, but even on shorter runs it was fairly economical.
No, six-speed manual, still a bit old school when it comes to driving!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Manual? That must be quite a rarity these days.

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

As said, old-school driver, three pedals and a clutch work for me. Though if I lived in a city, I'd definitely have an auto.