What's all the excavating for in Bofai

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

What's all the excavating for in Bofai

Post by Takiap »

Do any of you know "for defenite", why they're digging massive holes up soi 6? They've been at it for a couple of weeks already, with trucks carrying sand away from early morning until quite late at night. The holes are huge, and so far I've had 4 explanations.......

1. They're making a park :shock:
2. They're making a water park (must be for SCUBA divers) :shock:
3. Floating Market
4. Water storage facility

Just wish the digging could stop since the amount of dust is horrendous. So, if anyone has a definite explanation, please share it with us.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Re: What's all the excavating for in Bofai

Post by usual suspect »

Seems a bit early to have started work, but did I not read in the BKK Post 4-5 weeks ago about a 'Mega-development' of condo's etc out that way had been approved..? 33 buildings including a 177 room Hotel was mentioned..??
advocate
Professional
Professional

Post by advocate »

I was told the soil is being used in the 4 laning of Canal road.
advocate
Professional
Professional

Post by advocate »

I've also been told that the area being dug out by the small bridge is to hold water during the rainy season.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Usual Suspect - No the holes they're digging are nothing like I ever seen done for high rise developments.

Advocate - Yes, it seem that the holes will hold water. Maybe the water office in town has had enough complaints from local residents.....lol. I've also notice a few of the election campaign banners that are up show pictures of water towers and so on, so maybe it has some to do with the race for mayor :mrgreen:

Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Mass grave for the summary execution of all foreigners living in the area? :shock:

Makes as much sense as the other explanations... :P :cheers:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Takiap..you may be right with the forth-coming Election theory..we've got a road-sweeper down our St. once a week now, plus all the street-light bulbs are now working.. mmm??
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

They seem to be (finally) upgrading the infrastructure all over town. There is road work going on all over the south end.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

The widening of the Klong Road is all well and good, but it is going to create a lot of parking problems for the many businesses that are now going to have the road right on their front doorstep, including the Immigration office. :(
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Yep - the usual thoughtful planning :clap:
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Nereus wrote:The widening of the Klong Road is all well and good, but it is going to create a lot of parking problems for the many businesses that are now going to have the road right on their front doorstep, including the Immigration office. :(

Personally, I can't see the point of widening the road because they're only widening it to a certain point anyway, after which it reverts back to single lanes. Also, it's likely to attract more traffic, and all that extra traffic is going cause havoc when it reaches the road running down past G-market and over the railway crossing. :shock:

advocate
Professional
Professional

Post by advocate »

Between the 2 of us, my wife and I have witnessed 5 fatalities on the Klong road.

Anything is better than the way it is now. At least the idiots riding motorbikes with no headlights at night, on the wrong side of the road, with a cell phone glued to their ear, and a baby on their lap, will now have some chance of survival. At least on part of the road.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

I don't know about that. I actually think we'll see more fatalities once it's widened because there'll be more temptation for all the Formula One drivers. :shock:

advocate
Professional
Professional

Post by advocate »

Sadly, you may be right as the Thais don't seem to value their lives very much. Even where the road is 4 lanes now, they still drive on the wrong side.

But at least a divided 4 lane road will give us more room to swerve and avoid them w/o risking a head on collision from the opposing traffic lanes. Head on collisions are far worse than a sideswipe and cause far more fatalities bc of the opposing forces.

Getting back to the holes by the bridge, I'm not sure if this is just meant for storm water retention or is designed to add to the domestic water supply. They would have to install a pumping station/water tower, as the end of Bor Fai is uphill from that potential source.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

For what it's worth, this is what I've seen and heard.

If you start at Soi 102. That soi is going through some massive redevelopment. Going away from Petchkasem it's planned to link up with Soi 112. Coming the other way, it will go over the railway line and join a main road running both ways along the railway track. Turn right towards Takiab/Panburi, it should link up with the Panburi road south of Hua Hin. Go left and there's major construction for a wide road which will run north along the railway line over Soi 94 towards Soi 88. There have been plans for some years (plans in the Tessabahn) to widen the road along the railway line towards and past the railway station. This will mean the removal of all the restaurants/shops/bars by the railway line. This is planned to proceed past the silly roundabout railway crossing and link up with the canal road around Pae Mai.

From Soi 102, they are filling in the canal to make way for the road. Maybe they'll do this to a degree on the canal road.

The whole point is to build an inner bypass around Hua Hin. A massive project but they're working quite quickly from both ends. There are some real problem areas which will be interesting to see the resultant solution.

Of course this may be completely incorrect as past experience has shown.