Can Firefox prosper without Google's millions?

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Can Firefox prosper without Google's millions?

Post by Spitfire »

If you are a Mozilla fan then this could make uncomfortable reading. I hope Firefox finds their own new way away from Google and it's pay-offs, as it seems the last deal between Google and Firefox wasn't made public and Chrome is fast catching up.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-17663669
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
zingerhk
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Can Firefox prosper without Google's millions?

Post by zingerhk »

Only if they stop making the bloody browser so fat!!! Who needs all of that junk. A simple, streamlined browser that is fast is what most want.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

I've just made the jump, I've always championed FireFox but I've uninstalled.

I'm loving Chrome TBH, it's got all of the FF benefits now anyway, addons such as AdBlock, IE Tab, Speed Dial etc. It's faster, lighter and effortlessly synchs across my laptop, work PC and Android phone.

I loved FF but it's become a bloated pig, Chrome just feels a whole lot better and cleaner. 8)
chopsticks
Guru
Guru

Post by chopsticks »

BaaBaa. wrote:I've just made the jump, I've always championed FireFox but I've uninstalled.

I'm loving Chrome TBH, it's got all of the FF benefits now anyway, addons such as AdBlock, IE Tab, Speed Dial etc. It's faster, lighter and effortlessly synchs across my laptop, work PC and Android phone.

I loved FF but it's become a bloated pig, Chrome just feels a whole lot better and cleaner. 8)

Opera also works well, especially on mobiles.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

chopsticks wrote:Opera also works well, especially on mobiles.
I had a play with Opera mobile, it's fine, it just makes sense for me to go full Google as I use Android and Gmail.

Google Drive (Cloud Storage) is also ready to roll so that should integrate between all devices.