Age differences in Hua Hin

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
tuktukmike
Guru
Guru

Post by tuktukmike »

This topic will run and run.

The point about the old boys is quite true, but if as many are widowers then i suppose its better to be out here having their last throws of spring than sitting in a damp flat in the UK.

Some Thai girls do of course look young for their age but there are just as many that show their age, just wait until they hit the late forties.

As for the divorce judgments in the UK or anywhere else for that matter the same applies here, we all know many farangs who have lost everything to their girlfriend or wife out here and thats without any court judgment.

The real truth is that women are women worldwide, you find good and bad in every nationality the art is in finding the right one. :thumb:

Mike.
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

tuktukmike wrote:The real truth is that women are women worldwide, you find good and bad in every nationality the art is in finding the right one.
Wise words indeed.
PeteB
Professional
Professional

Post by PeteB »

Khun Richard (Truly a Tyke)

A great response (straight forward and up front - in true Yorkshire fashion) to the crap that was posted.

Mike's observation was also very true, IMHO it is a shame that he spoiled it with the rather patronising (and cynical)
The point about the old boys is quite true, but if as many are widowers then i suppose its better to be out here having their last throws of spring than sitting in a damp flat in the UK.
If it works for both then fine. The 'old boys' have enough experience of life to make their own decisions. My view is that only a minority would be "sitting in a damp flat in the UK".

Peter B (fortunate enough to be happily married to an English woman for 39 years)
If a Yorkshireman puts his hand in his pocket - fret not!
He'll just be checking his ferret.
ajarnfrank

Post by ajarnfrank »

On my last visit home to Texas, the woman I had married when she was 22, from a very high class suburb, was singing in a gay country bar in Houston. Her second/third husband is about twenty years younger, and my Thai boyfriend is 25 years younger than I am. When I had my cable TV installed in Houston a few years before, Tommy asked me if I was still seeing the 25 year old Vietnamese who looked 15 (I was). Tommy, about 22 at the time, was living with his girlfriend, who was about 44.

When the great singer/actress Cher was in her 50's, she was interviewed by Barbara Walters, who asked her why she only dates younger men. Cher replied that older men never ask her!

In Thailand, walking through the mall, my b/f holds my hand, on his own initiative. The Thais may notice, but they're not offended. My partner spent lunch on Monday with his buddies, in Bangkok; they also are 'married' to old farang men. My b/f said, "Frank is stronger and healthier than I am!" He also tells me, "You are like a child." Peter Pan, move over.

8)
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

ajarnfrank wrote:On my last visit home to Texas, the woman I had married when she was 22, from a very high class suburb, was singing in a gay country bar in Houston. Her second/third husband is about twenty years younger, and my Thai boyfriend is 25 years younger than I am. When I had my cable TV installed in Houston a few years before, Tommy asked me if I was still seeing the 25 year old Vietnamese who looked 15 (I was). Tommy, about 22 at the time, was living with his girlfriend, who was about 44.

When the great singer/actress Cher was in her 50's, she was interviewed by Barbara Walters, who asked her why she only dates younger men. Cher replied that older men never ask her!

In Thailand, walking through the mall, my b/f holds my hand, on his own initiative. The Thais may notice, but they're not offended. My partner spent lunch on Monday with his buddies, in Bangkok; they also are 'married' to old farang men. My b/f said, "Frank is stronger and healthier than I am!" He also tells me, "You are like a child." Peter Pan, move over.

8)
Put all this together and you have the makings of a great Country & Western song! :roll: :thumb:
designer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by designer »

In reply to alligator' I am 66 and my girlfriend is 29 we live in capetown
we have been together 7 years and will get married in dec honnymoon in Hua Hin my last wife was 22 younger than i have two kids with her we are still great friends ,I have had no problem with dating younger woman
my friends only complain because they always end up with the broilers
if you are fit have some style and a sense of humer age is no problem
i am sure your comments wouldent bother donald trump ,I will be arund HH in dec with my by then wife .ps i know some people who are old at 20
and some who are babies at 60,age is just a number.
RegardsD :guns:
may the wind be always at your back