Buying an airgun in HuaHin/Thailand

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
OscarMike

Re: Buying an airgun in HuaHin/Thailand

Post by OscarMike »

Blablabalaaa... this forum is populated by tree hugging nutters, who gives a fcuk about rancid ferral pack dogs that attack people and destroy property? You lot are retarded.

Thanks to SuperJoe, Vincent, Woody, and those who have helped answer my original question on the first page.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Twunt comes to mind, but at least you have the decency to thank a few of those that have offered good advice... :cheers:

Offending those who simply would rather animals not unnecessarily hurt, really does make you the twunt that you are unfortunately.... :tsk:

Aside from that, buy the gun, get nicked, serve 10 years and talk to us again........ YFM :roll:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

OscarMike wrote:Blablabalaaa... this forum is populated by tree hugging nutters, who gives a fcuk about rancid ferral pack dogs that attack people and destroy property? You lot are retarded.

Thanks to SuperJoe, Vincent, Woody, and those who have helped answer my original question on the first page.
So with those comments you really have demonstrated how much of an drunken twat that you are or so arrogant that you cant take real sound advice on the best forum in Thailand your vision is very illconceived, i am not flaming you as i am not into that but trying to be Oscar Mike John Rambo will end up being a Bangkok frightened bamby shiting through a hole in the floor with the light on 24 hours a day or a really fat fine to get you out of it.

If you are really worth your ground justify why to kill birds or dogs that cross you property yes soi dogs are a nightmare ( go up to Issan and live or stay there and have problems with birds and dogs).
Would you be happy if some one wanted to shoot you in the countryside.
As you think we are all nutters you are demonstrating your true personality what a mug you are we have all seen, read, and come across fools like you that never last long out here fact !

Kendo :roll:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

It is not a case of tree huggers....it is a case of treating animals with respect and decently. I am all for the humane culling of these unfortunate dogs, they lead a miserable life as it is. All they need now is some nut shooting at them, then left to roam around with gun shot pellets in them as well. What sort of person could even contemplate doing this, quite simple...a bad one. :twisted:
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Siani i have debated humane culling etc loads in the past only if dawn was still around she would really shake this thread up.
It's really a case of except these sorry animals as part of your new surrounding look back through the index.
Now we have had many Oscar Mikes come and go to this community but no great loss there ! Thailand does seem to attract some wildelife haiting nutters.
Kendo :wink:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Soi dogs around our place seem to come and go, depending on whether or not there are workers in the area, so not too much of a problem.

Pigeons have now more or less been brought under control. We use a form of lethal control, but I prefer to call it "control by means of sustainability".........lol, and the great thing is, it's perfectly legal.

How? Well, the in-laws live with us, and Dad fancies himself as being a man of the wild. The pigeons come to eat feed put out for the chickens; the feed gets placed closer to the coop with each passing day, and then after a few day, only starters are served outside the coop, while the main course is placed inside, but with the door open. Once the pigeons are all enjoying the main course, the door shuts, and Dad is delighted with his catch, which are then cooked and eaten within a few hours.

A real win-win situation. Dad is happy since he gets to eat freshly caught game, and I'm happy because we no longer have many pigeons around. They do seem to know when a few mates get taken because it takes a while for them to start coming back again. Strange but true. Unfortunately Dad isn't willing to eat dogs though, although he has made it perfectly clear that he'll poison them if they kill anymore chickens. As many of us know, Thais are quite protective when it comes to their chickens.....lol.

Oscarmike.....not sure about European laws, but in my country if dogs go onto a farmer's land, he has the right to shoot them. With that said, you can't do it in a built up residential area. I think the US has the same type of laws. In Thailand, you'd most likely only get a big fine for an airgun, but just be careful since soi dogs are not worth going to jail for. :cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Blablabalaaa... this forum is populated by tree hugging nutters
The sad truth is, this is what happens to the dogs if we cut down too many trees. We should stop cutting down trees so that we will not have to witness scenes like this one...
normal_image001~0.jpg
normal_image001~0.jpg (51.8 KiB) Viewed 1391 times
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Well their toilet looks a lot cleaner than most of the toilets I've been into, and I don't see anyone collecting 3 baht.. :shock:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

OscarMike wrote:Not really looking for a lecture on the morality of pest control, just directions to a shop where I can buy an air rifle.
Apples and oranges. Nothing to do with morality, more to do with common sense. P*ss off your Thai neighbours by popping their dog and they won't think twice about the morality of sending you a special delivery message.
Happiness can't buy money
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

kendo wrote:Siani i have debated humane culling etc loads in the past only if dawn was still around she would really shake this thread up.
It's really a case of except these sorry animals as part of your new surrounding look back through the index.
Now we have had many Oscar Mikes come and go to this community but no great loss there ! Thailand does seem to attract some wildelife haiting nutters.
Kendo :wink:

I agree with you 100%...but surely common sense should come into this. I also think that OM should consider the plus factor with the dogs. When I lived for a short while on the top of Soi 88 there were about 4-5 dogs. All of them were quite friendly. I used to feed them leftovers etc. In return they were marvellous guard dogs, barking in the middle of the night if someone walked passed our gate. They did not bark at cars etc only people on foot. OM why not consider a fence, it will also keep burglars away, increase the price of your property...who wants to buy a house without a fence or gate these day?
You could put the cost of the rifle towards it :P
Rider
Ace
Ace

Post by Rider »

Super Joe wrote:
Capture-1221.jpg
SJ
That's for Bangkok.
Out in the provinces the gun laws are more lax, even CCW is ok with a permit...
Rider
Ace
Ace

Post by Rider »

pharvey wrote:Twunt comes to mind, but at least you have the decency to thank a few of those that have offered good advice... :cheers:

Offending those who simply would rather animals not unnecessarily hurt, really does make you the twunt that you are unfortunately.... :tsk:

Aside from that, buy the gun, get nicked, serve 10 years and talk to us again........ YFM :roll:
They are selling full-powered air-rifles on Sukhumvit Road now.

If anyone gets one, discretely have your wife of TGF speak to the cops with a few bottles of whiskey.
Let them know that there's an air-rifle at your house and you'll be using it to take care of yourself from dogs.

Any Thais that grass you up, won't have JACK on you if you have the ear of the local chief of police.

Some of you really are clueless and like herds of sheep btw.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

And some of you just can't resist a good wind-up... :cheers: baa-aaa
This is the way
buksida

Post by buksida »

A revival for this decade-old thread.

I know aliens can't buy airguns, but some of those gas-powered BB guns that fire steel shots can be quite powerful. We have a chicken/rooster problem and I'd like to bring numbers down before they overrun the place (and eat all of our crops).

Noticed there are a lot on Laz/Shopee, does anyone have one that they can recommend (looking for a metal pistol type that uses a gas cylinder)? Already have a rifle that fires ceramic 6mm shot but it seems to have lost its potency and just pisses them off. I'm not accurate enough with the slingshot!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

I still have that sniper airsoft thingamajig and the pigeons still stay clear of the roof. If you have one of those airsoft hobby shops around you in HH, bring your old one that fires ceramic shot, they can upgrade that to a stronger spring among other gubbins. Also get a heavier weight ceramic shot, this helps. I can hear the impact when the pigeons meet with the ceramics, but those buggers are hardy birds. Have actually done in one or two at close range so it's not to be sniffed at. My two bahts worth.
วินเชนท์