The Android Thread

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Android Audio issue

Post by hhinner »

Just an additional observation. Headphone jack sockets (and USB sockets) have a tendency over a long period to collect lint and dust. You could try to clean it out by rapidly inserting and removing the headphone jack a number of times. Maybe take the phone to a repair shop and ask them to try to clean the socket out.
Gabe H Coud

Post by Gabe H Coud »

Xiaomi Redmi note 4x
Android 7
MIUI 11.0.2(latest version)

re second post I agree re dirt in socket

Headphones - after fiddling I can get these to work if I pull the jack back outwards ever so slightly. So that appears to be a dodgy connection

External speaker - the bit that baffles me is why this won't work unless the headphone jack is inserted???

Anyway, a visit to Market Village top floor now seems inevitable, unless anyone has any other suggestions....

Thanks
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Post by ahandpatsy »

Make sure your not Bluetooth enabled your phone might be connecting to sonething
Gabe H Coud

Re: The Android Thread

Post by Gabe H Coud »

not Bluetooth
tried the jack in/out, helps for a short while then reverts
just noticed that the headphones symbol shows as well(when it shouldn't)
additional problem is when I make and receive a call I cant hear through the earpiece
so I have to use the loudspeaker which works for calls but not media

Off to Market village tomorrow!!!

thanks all
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

On xiaomi phones you can get into engineer mode (or CIT xiaomi calls it) by going to settings/about phone and tapping kernel version a number of times. This allows you to test individual bits of hardware such as speaker, receiver speaker and headphones independently of the installed software.

But from your description it sure sounds like crap in the jack socket.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Having no luck getting this fixed

Getting told it will be 800/1000 baht and in truth I'm not convinced that will fix it anyway!

Was seriously thinking of upgrading anyway so would rather put that 1000 baht to a new phone

After much research on my brand I decided on the Redmi note 9 128gb which 4 shops in MV have

In one shop the lovely young lady actually had this exact phone herself so she let me play with hers(!)

Was truly about to pull the trigger when I took a listen to YouTube through my headphones and there was a noticeable drop in max volume compared to mine (redmi note 4x).

I tried it several times and kept concluding that mine was 10/15% louder.

It just baffles me, and frustrates the hell out of me, why oh why 3 years of technological advances later they have speakers that kick out less volume than before(via headset)

Listening to music/podcasts is very important to me

Anyway it's frustrating when you are just about to buy something and then you spot a 'fault'

Any other android phones recommended around 5000/6000 baht? Min 64gb pref 128

I quite like the idea of a Realme... but not researched

Oh and one other moan.... why the bleep do they keep making these phones bigger and bigger? Its like walking around with a paperback novel in your pocket!

Rant over...

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ Did you check the sound effect settings (which control headset volume, equalizer settings, etc.) on her phone?
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

hhinner wrote:^^ Did you check the sound effect settings (which control headset volume, equalizer settings, etc.) on her phone?
Yes I went into that kernel bit...

The test failed

Tried it again tonight

After which something strange happened

Prior to tonights test only the headphones worked and not loud speaker

After the test that flipped completely(but I still can't make/receive calls unless I go hands free which is what would drive me to buy a new phone

Audio is clearly broken but whether a replacement headphone jack will sort that I'm not convinced

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

buksida

Post by buksida »

thecolonel wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:55 pm
Any other android phones recommended around 5000/6000 baht? Min 64gb pref 128

The 'what phone' thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=22034&start=452

Edit: Phone recommendations moved there.

Will be following it also since my Samsung J6+, after just two years, is having battery problems which I swear are part of its built-in obsolescence. Every time the damn thing upgrades it just gets slower and slower :cuss:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson