TV series worth watching/downloading

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
butch
Rookie
Rookie

Re: TV series worth watching/downloading

Post by butch »

The OFFER. series about the making of the GODFATHER. fantastic cast. TED LASSO. uplifting and funny.
buksida

Post by buksida »

dtaai-maai wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:43 am I'm into ep 2 of Constellation and I have to confess it's not gripping me. Not yet, anyway, and I'm not sure how much longer I'm prepared to give it.
About halfway through it now and enjoying it, love the quantum physics twist with the very attractive Schrödinger's cat (Noomi Rapace).

Bass Reeves is also a pretty good Western, though too short at just six episodes.

My current fave is The Gentleman, watched the first one yesterday and know this is going to be good. Sexy Beast was ditched after the first episode.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

buksida wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:16 am My current fave is The Gentleman, watched the first one yesterday and know this is going to be good. Sexy Beast was ditched after the first episode.
Thoroughly enjoyed "The Gentleman" and long may it continue. Also binned "Sexy Beast", but it did have a lot to live up to!!
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

I gave up during ep.3 of Netflix's 3 Body Problem highly rushed/compressed, with huge chunks of the story missing and terrible characterisations. Others who haven't watched the epic Chinese version or read the book might enjoy it but it's very thin fare.

Anyone who wants to watch the 30 episode Chinese rendition can check my previous message for downloading the version with the best subtitles.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

404cameljockey wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:52 pm I gave up during ep.3 of Netflix's 3 Body Problem highly rushed/compressed, with huge chunks of the story missing and terrible characterisations. Others who haven't watched the epic Chinese version or read the book might enjoy it but it's very thin fare.

Anyone who wants to watch the 30 episode Chinese rendition can check my previous message for downloading the version with the best subtitles.
Shame about that. Wasn't sold on the 'By the creators of Game of Thrones' angle pushed... as could never get into that, but it sounded interesting nevertheless. :D

Have neither read the book nor watched the original but I'll venture to those first.

:cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

404cameljockey wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:52 pm I gave up during ep.3 of Netflix's 3 Body Problem highly rushed/compressed, with huge chunks of the story missing and terrible characterisations.
I'd seen it had been planned by several critics - sad really, I was looking forward to it. Will still give at least the first one a go.

:cheers: :cheers:
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

buksida wrote:
dtaai-maai wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:43 am I'm into ep 2 of Constellation and I have to confess it's not gripping me. Not yet, anyway, and I'm not sure how much longer I'm prepared to give it.
About halfway through it now and enjoying it, love the quantum physics twist with the very attractive Schrödinger's cat (Noomi Rapace).

Bass Reeves is also a pretty good Western, though too short at just six episodes.

My current fave is The Gentleman, watched the first one yesterday and know this is going to be good. Sexy Beast was ditched after the first episode.
I found the Gentleman disappointing after a fairly promising opening

Appreciate I may be alone in that feeling but that's how I feel

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

buksida wrote:

Bass Reeves is 8 episodes not 6. Maybe they hadn't aired yet at the time you checked

dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Just finished S2 of Halo - phew! This may not be The Way, but it's a pretty damn good alternative route! :cheers: :cheers:
This is the way
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:36 pm Just finished S2 of Halo - phew! This may not be The Way, but it's a pretty damn good alternative route! :cheers: :cheers:
I've got a few episodes to catch up on, but totally agree! :thumb:
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Hatton Garden(2019)

Tonight I watched all 4 episodes of this ITV drama, a true story re robbery over Easter weekend in 2015. One of the biggest in UK history. Stars Timothy Spall. Very good. 8/10

Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Finally got round to that Fargo a lot of you been mentioning over the past decade. Binged most of season 1 today. Pretty damn good ain't it. :D
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
buksida

Post by buksida »

thecolonel wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:56 pm Bass Reeves is 8 episodes not 6. Maybe they hadn't aired yet at the time you checked
Good to know, EZTV was only showing six, so I found a season pack with the other two. :thumb:

Constellation was very good, especially if you have a grip on quantum entanglement!

3 Body coming up next.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

I watched Passenger yesterday. Police procedural but quite spooky. Not perfect, a bit muddled and a bit sketchily scifi (mostly just hinted at until near the end of the series). I thought the characterisations were generally really good and I'll definitely watch the second series.

It ends on a cliffhanger so
:D

Just caught the first series of Blue Lights another police drama, based in Belfast where partisanship and hatred is still strong. Gritty, obviously a bit violent at times but engrossing, rookie cops trying to cope feature strongly. Second series on the way and I'll watch that too.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

404cameljockey wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:30 am I watched Passenger yesterday. Police procedural but quite spooky. Not perfect, a bit muddled and a bit sketchily scifi (mostly just hinted at until near the end of the series). I thought the characterisations were generally really good and I'll definitely watch the second series.

It ends on a cliffhanger so
:D

Just caught the first series of Blue Lights another police drama, based in Belfast where partisanship and hatred is still strong. Gritty, obviously a bit violent at times but engrossing, rookie cops trying to cope feature strongly. Second series on the way and I'll watch that too.
Regarding “Passenger”, would you recommend that somebody (like me) who gave up after 10 minutes thinking this doesn’t look very good, should persevere?