Pranburi Bike Week

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Rider
Ace
Ace

Pranburi Bike Week

Post by Rider »

Pranburi Bikes at OTOP.JPG
Pranburi Bikes at OTOP.JPG (151.26 KiB) Viewed 843 times
The paddock soon filled up and the OTOP location was transformed from a barren piece of concrete parking with buildings to a colourful event of music, bikes and high-chrome machines.
Best Custom Bike Pranburi Bike Week.JPG
Best Custom Bike Pranburi Bike Week.JPG (160.74 KiB) Viewed 843 times
The day began quite slowly. It wasn’t until the end of the afternoon that things began to take proper form with the gear set-up and the tents erected. Some good things were that the 200 baht price entry (applicable only once the night event started) got you a free beer, T-Shirt and food. Free-food isn’t a given at biker weeks so to get this was a bonus. There were plenty of other food vendors around the areas fringes though.
I took a wander around before things got crazy and crowded. Inside the OTOP building was a massage room and various shops selling pineapple products. I bought some nice dehydrated pineapple, it was nice, but a bit sugary...
BMW Touring Bike Thailand.JPG
BMW Touring Bike Thailand.JPG (145.42 KiB) Viewed 843 times
Yamaha Vmax.JPG
Yamaha Vmax.JPG (160.15 KiB) Viewed 843 times
The bikes were varied. At this event there were plenty of old-school cafe-racer’s and those inspired by them, plus the usual custom machines and sportsbikes. Of the latter there were not so many, but the ones that showed up were to the usual high-standard for the most part.
Thai Soldiers At Bike Fest.JPG
Thai Soldiers At Bike Fest.JPG (193.75 KiB) Viewed 843 times
Unlike the Hua Hin event the police presence was restricted to the OTOP entranceway only. Easy-going soldiers took care of the internal arrangements and the mingled with us quite amiably; A semi-auto on the hip and their family and kids around was quite a contrast.
Harley Parts Sale.JPG
Harley Parts Sale.JPG (159.38 KiB) Viewed 843 times
Things to buy here were not that many, but variable.
Badges, badges and more badges. Flags, Harley Davidson motifs etc .
Biker Badges.JPG
Biker Badges.JPG (188.13 KiB) Viewed 843 times
A fair few of the enduring buddhist wheels from ancient times and even the swastika (haken cruz) were on display.

Other less inflammatory stuff on offer was motorcycle parts, biker gear and helmets. Interestingly a few stalls had some fairly well crafted weapons on display, even a fully functional cattle prod I got a jolt off!
Yamaha Vmax.JPG
Yamaha Vmax.JPG (160.15 KiB) Viewed 843 times
The Dragon Bike Gang.JPG
The Dragon Bike Gang.JPG (155.47 KiB) Viewed 843 times
Varied biker gangs as always at biker weeks in Thailand. Dragon, Stonehead and more. It was 100 Eyes Biker Gang that put a lot of work into making this event happen and their efforts were not in vain. The rowdy and wild Vampire Biker crew from Cha-am and Hua Hin were here too. Strutting and mooching around like latter-day norsemen in their cups, adding to the flavour. I thought I was about to get filled in at one point, but they only wanted to have their picture taken.
Thai Band Bike Week.JPG
Thai Band Bike Week.JPG (40.26 KiB) Viewed 843 times
Harleys Only.JPG
Harleys Only.JPG (139.96 KiB) Viewed 841 times
For the full review and pictures click below:

http://www.ontheroadthailand.com/Pranbu ... 02011.html
Jack the lad
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Pranburi Bike Week

Post by Jack the lad »

Was there a bikers party at Majestic beach on Saturday ?
Any photos ?
Brit Jim
Professional
Professional

Post by Brit Jim »

Rider

Great Pix.

Wish I could have been there!

Can you recommend anywhere in HH where I can get a good Open Face helmet and googles from plz. PM if you have to thanks.

:cheers:
Rider
Ace
Ace

Post by Rider »

lippy45 wrote:Rider

Great Pix.

Can you recommend anywhere in HH where I can get a good Open Face helmet and googles from plz. PM if you have to thanks.

Thanks man :)

You can try Tesco Lotus (market village) .
Or a place just opposite the clock tower (not petchkasem road but the one parrallel to it, towards the railway) I forget the exact road name.
Rider
Ace
Ace

Post by Rider »

Jack the lad wrote:Was there a bikers party at Majestic beach on Saturday ?
Any photos ?
That's a negative on that sorry.
Should have some more footage of another bike week soon though...
Brit Jim
Professional
Professional

Post by Brit Jim »

Rider wrote:
lippy45 wrote:Rider

Great Pix.

Thanks man :)

You can try Tesco Lotus (market village) .
Or a place just opposite the clock tower (not petchkasem road but the one parrallel to it, towards the railway) I forget the exact road name.
Ok Thanks

I ll try the place opposite the Clock Tower or maybe the Honda dealer on the main road towards Cha Am as I want a decent one!

buksida

Post by buksida »

Nice pics, looks like it was as good as the Hua Hin Bike Week.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Rider
Ace
Ace

Post by Rider »

buksida wrote:Nice pics, looks like it was as good as the Hua Hin Bike Week.
In a way better, in another way a bit bland compared to the sexier moments at other biker weeks elsewhere ;)