Hua Hin Forum software/server upgrades

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Hua Hin Forum software/server upgrades

Post by Lev »

Unfortunately, the process failed and will have to be rescheduled. Thanks for your patience.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

We will be attempting server migration again over the next 12 hours or so. There may be some downtime and the odd post may get lost, however, this is unavoidable.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

We have now transferred to the new server - if you're reading this you are with us on the new one.

We apologize for the couple of posts that got lost in the process.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I can access the Forum on my iPhone using Tapatalk but I can’t access it on my IPad using the Safari browser - any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Clear your cache and refresh - the iPad is still storing the old IP address.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I've found it also works well if you log out, and then log in again. You should then automatically go to the new address.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Lev wrote:Clear your cache and refresh - the iPad is still storing the old IP address.
Yes but how do you clear your cache on an iPad? I’ve tried login out and in again but that didn’t work

buksida

Post by buksida »

I hate it when people reply 'google is your friend' ... so I've done it for you since I've never used an iPad!

https://osxdaily.com/2020/03/17/how-cle ... ad-safari/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

buksida wrote:I hate it when people reply 'google is your friend' ... so I've done it for you since I've never used an iPad!

https://osxdaily.com/2020/03/17/how-cle ... ad-safari/
Thanks Buks in fact I thought to do that after I sent my message and found the same advice - I followed the instructions (three times) and after each attempt when I try to log back in, I get the same message “the forum has been temporarily closed for scheduled maintenance, we will be back online shortly”

buksida

Post by buksida »

Sorry mate, don't do Apple so can't help further - but I do recall other Appleites having problems last time HHF upgraded or changed servers. The fact that you're replying to this shows that it works!

Maybe someone else with more iKungfu can help!

Edit: an afterthought, try and open a link to one of the new posts made since the transfer (anything with today's date), that should tell the iPad to use the new IP address from then on (you may have to type it in manually).
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Your IPhone IP seems to be pointing to Germany, Dannie. A VPN I guess. Is your IPad pointing to a foreign IP as well, as the new DNS for the forum may not have migrated to all places in the world yet.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

PeteC wrote:Your IPhone IP seems to be pointing to Germany, Dannie. A VPN I guess. Is your IPad pointing to a foreign IP as well, as the new DNS for the forum may not have migrated to all places in the world yet.
I use a VPN linked to the UK on iPhone and IPad - on the iPhone I use Tapatalk which worked straightaway but the iPad on Safari refuses to play - I’ll try turning the VPN off and see if that works. If anybody else uses an iPad and has migrated ok, any tips? Cheers

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote:
PeteC wrote:Your IPhone IP seems to be pointing to Germany, Dannie. A VPN I guess. Is your IPad pointing to a foreign IP as well, as the new DNS for the forum may not have migrated to all places in the world yet.
I use a VPN linked to the UK on iPhone and IPad - on the iPhone I use Tapatalk which worked straightaway but the iPad on Safari refuses to play - I’ll try turning the VPN off and see if that works. If anybody else uses an iPad and has migrated ok, any tips? Cheers

Well I’ll be, I turned the VPN off and it connected straight away - let’s see if the grey matter remembers this for next time!!

PeteC

Post by PeteC »

It should work with your VPN as well, just give it time. Maybe in the morning. :cheers:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

PeteC wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:33 pm It should work with your VPN as well, just give it time. Maybe in the morning. :cheers:
Yes it’s working fine now with the VPN on as well, it was though it just needed it turned off to kickstart it into action :cheers: