Best of British

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Best of British

Post by Dannie Boy »

And make sure that you have registered your date of birth, otherwise they will classify you as under age!!
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Thank you.

I'm afraid I was so distressed by the numerous spelling mistakes that I was only mildly amused by the rather obvious vulgarity of the principal content...

snooty.jpg
snooty.jpg (7.91 KiB) Viewed 618 times
This is the way
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

The word has been in use in the US for decades. Nothing new here. You can also add: snatch, cuze, pie, slit, muff, kitty, pussy, tang, poon, poontang and many others that I've forgotten.

There's a recording, on you tube, by Snatch and the Poontangs. Big John Jeeter is the track I recall, that extols the virtues of Big John. The Vocals are by Delmar Evans and Johnny Otis.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

dtaai-maai wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:16 pm Thank you.

I'm afraid I was so distressed by the numerous spelling mistakes that I was only mildly amused by the rather obvious vulgarity of the principal content...

snooty.jpg
I am very distressed about a regular criticism of spelling mistakes, Have you never heard of dyxlexia, or simple human error. Could not be bothered with vulgar content. :duck:
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

lindosfan1 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:44 pm
dtaai-maai wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:16 pm Thank you.

snooty.jpg
I am very distressed about a regular criticism of spelling mistakes, Have you never heard of dyxlexia, or simple human error. Could not be bothered with vulgar content. :duck:
Apologies, my sense of humour spirals to gutter level and starts digging after a few beers..... :oops:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Topspin
Banned
Banned

Post by Topspin »

9288921-1.jpg
9288921-1.jpg (103.86 KiB) Viewed 557 times
To all conspiracy theorists...“when you hear hoofbeats, think of horses, not zebras.” :naughty:
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Premier League 2020-21

Post by sateeb »

True facts.

1. In the 1400s a law was set forth in England that a man was allowed to beat his wife with a stick no thicker than his thumb.

Hence we have 'the rule of thumb.'

2. Many years ago in Scotland , a new game was invented. It was ruled 'Gentlemen Only...

Ladies Forbidden'... and thus the word GOLF entered into the English language.

3. Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history:

Spades - King David,

Hearts - Charlemagne,

Clubs -Alexander the Great,

Diamonds - Julius Caesar

4. In Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes. When you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to sleep on. Hence the phrase......... 'goodnight, sleep tight.'

5. It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a month after the wedding, the bride's father would supply his son-in-law with all the mead he could drink.

Mead is a honey beer and because their calendar was lunar based, this period was called the honey month, which we know today as the honeymoon.

6. Since 1962, Spurs fans have said they are going to win the league at the start of every football season, hence the phrase ‘deluded twat’.
🤣🤣
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Unbelievable, the arbitrary use of ones "moderator" powers to unilaterally move a post :cuss: :banghead:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Premier League 2020-21

Post by Lost »

sateeb wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:38 pm
6. Since 1962, Spurs fans have said they are going to win the league at the start of every football season, hence the phrase ‘deluded twat’.
🤣🤣
Guilty as charged. :oops: :wink:

Screenshot_20210526_133922.jpg
Screenshot_20210526_133922.jpg (260.98 KiB) Viewed 521 times
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

4. In Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes. When you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to sleep on. Hence the phrase......... 'goodnight, sleep tight.'
Maybe not so true:
Unfortunately, this story shows strong signs of being concocted as an embellishment of the popular theory that “sleep tight” originated as a reference to the “rope beds” mentioned above. Such beds did indeed exist, and it was important to periodically tighten the ropes to prevent mattress-droop.

But the “tight” in “sleep tight,” meaning “sleep soundly,” almost certainly comes from the use of “tight” and “tightly” to mean “soundly, securely, properly,” a use that dates back to Shakespeare. The phrase “sleep tight” also first appeared in the mid-19th century, a bit after such beds were popular, and from the first was most commonly heard in variations on the classic rhyming bedtime salutation “Good night, sleep tight, and don’t let the bedbugs bite.” The impulse of tour guides to tie the phrase “sleep tight” to beds sporting ropes that had to be kept tight must be nearly irresistible, but I’m afraid that doesn’t make it true. The good news is that the part about driving guests away by loosening the ropes probably isn’t true either.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Mauricio Pochettino: Tottenham contact former manager over return
By Simon Stone
BBC Sport
Last updated on6 minutes ago6 minutes ago

― George Carlin
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Oh it's here because it's Graham Norton!! :neener:

Class.... :thumb: :cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Hilarious:
A garden gnome’s been held ransom by thieves in Scotland, who demand cheesecake in exchange for its freedom

It was a case ‘go hard or go gnome’ for thieves in Scotland, after they took a café’s garden gnome hostage in exchange for two cheesecakes.

Butternut Squash Cafe, in Portobello, Edinburgh, seemingly first reported issues with the gnome on Monday, when it returned to the café after going missing the day before.

However, things escalated on Thursday, when the owners received an ominous note about the fate of their ornament.

“We have your gnome. If you want to see him again leave two cheesecakes when you shut the café. We will be watching,” the letter, shared on Facebook, reads.

Clearly experienced in the art of negotiation, the café initially offered a compromise, sharing a snap later that day of two pieces of shortbread outside the venue.

“Kidnappers your treasure awaits,” they wrote.

The cafe failed to ‘squash’ the thieves, though, who were rather underwhelmed by the offering which was different to what they asked for.

“Shortbread! We asked for cheesecake! You have 24 hours or your gnome gets dusty binned,” their latest message, accompanied with an image of a smashed gnome, reads.

The café added: “We will not negotiate with gnomenappers. #BringHimHome.”

Customers have since seen the funny side, with some even offering the café some replacements.

“We have a new butternut friend,” they revealed on Friday. “Ps cheesecake is sold out for now.”

Commenters have described the debacle as “brilliant”, with one saying it was “like a soap opera”.

“Ruthless and lawless with a sweet tooth. Dangerous combination,” said one.

Another added: “I hope they don’t start sending body parts back to you.”

It’s been more than 24 hours now since the threat of the gnome being “dusty binned” was made, and the café is yet to provide an update on whether their original gnome is still in one piece.

The case continues...
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/a ... li=BBoPWjQ
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

For those of us of a certain age :laugh: :laugh:

― George Carlin
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

liverpool.jpeg
liverpool.jpeg (109.99 KiB) Viewed 330 times
This is the way