Looking for a housekeeper

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

Vital Spark wrote:Bamber: Just to clarify: She runs the shop and pops over to the house and does a blitzing job for possibly an hour or two. It depends on how many doughnuts she decides to feed our dog. :shock:

As you well know DM, she ain't the best cleaner in the world. I just hate washing up!

When she doesn't appear, I can do the job in under an hour. She's quite happy with a nice little bit of pocket money, when she has the time or inclination...

VS[/b]
VS

May be cheaper to just throw away the dirty crockery each time. :)
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The way the economy is going, I'll take the job. I promise to wear at least boxer shorts and a tank top, and not drop too many cigar ashes on the floor. I usually don't do dishes but if you have a dog, he can help me with the rinsing. Also, no ironing, toilet cleaning or car washing as it's bad for me back. Laundry is no problem though with a 2 hour nap while it's drying. I also have one of those skimpy French maid outfits which I wear on Friday's, or any day you prefer. It came with a whip and high heels but I usually leave them at home. If interested, please PM me. Your servant. Pristine Pete :thumb: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
norm
Professional
Professional

Post by norm »

We pay our housekeeper for full time. Our arrangement with her is she stays until the job is done. She usually arrives a bit before 8AM and leaves about 2PM. She works extremely hard while she is here and keeps a spotless house for us. We live in a 255m2 4BR 4Ba condo and have another condo the same size in the same building, that we don't live in but use, she takes care of both of them. Does all the laundry and fixes lunch every day.

She is extremely trustworthy and a real gem. She speaks very little English and the wife speaks very little Thai, I speak none at all. But they manage to carry on giggly conversations and the wife has no trouble getting the point across when she wants something done.

She has been with us for two years and we hope she is with us until she is supervising someone else doing the work as she becomes to old. She is 50 now.

We just gave her a raise which brought her up to 9,000 baht a month. We have a jar we put money into and she takes what she needs for buying us food and etc. That has worked real well as she always hated to tell us she spent money for us or the house. Now she does not have to tell us she just takes what is required and we are all happy. We don't worry one minute about her honesty.

We have her pay some of the bills when they come in, we give her the money of course. She gets a holiday and we give her a months bonus on new years. She occasionally get sick and takes a little time off, we have never complained about that or docked her pay for anything.

All in all a real jewel and the wife would never move as we would have to leave her behind.

Treat them how you would like to be treated and chances are you will be lucky and get a good one.

Hope my rambling is some help.
copa
Novice
Novice

Post by copa »

You are absolutely right Norm. Treat them well to treat you well.
We finally found a housekeeper and she seems to be a real gem!! She came yesterday on a trial basis before she leaves her current job and within an hour we offered her the job.
I am a fussy cleaner and I love the house to be spotless. We have a 3 bedroom house with 3 bathrooms about 250sq m and she managed to clean it all top to bottom, in and out, in 9 hours. Not that it was dirty but we have a lot of ornaments & paintings and she polished each one of them. I have never seen anything like this before in my life. I was going to start showing her how to do things but once I realised that she knew exactly, I left her all alone.
We offered her a starting salary of 10,500 THB plus medical care to work between 9am and 6pm with an hour lunch break. If she does any overtime, we’ll pay her 50 THB per hour.
On top of that she will be getting tips (1,500 THB per week) when we have guests.

Anyway, thanks again for your comments