Ryanair mulls charge for toilets

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Ryanair mulls charge for toilets

Post by STEVE G »

I’m hoping that this press announcement is just a publicity stunt:
'Ryanair mulls charge for toilets'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7914542.stm
Francois
Professional
Professional

Re: Ryanair mulls charge for toilets

Post by Francois »

STEVE G wrote:I’m hoping that this press announcement is just a publicity stunt:
'Ryanair mulls charge for toilets'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7914542.stm
It's a loop on French broadcasts :-)
François
And me, still the most self satisfied of men
I was almost as drunk as myself
(Jacques Brel)
Arcadian
Ace
Ace

Ryanair mulls charges for toilets

Post by Arcadian »

They also plan to have a limit of one carry on bag only with a 10 kg maximum weight, if you have a duty free bag or a lady carries a handbag they will be charged 30 quid extra.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

as far as I'm concerned, they can just piss off... :mrgreen:
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Cowboy wrote:as far as I'm concerned, they can just piss off... :mrgreen:
:agree:

Some peoples bags could come out weighing more than they went in. :mrgreen:
Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

Note to self. "Start a chain of shops on every Ryanair airport selling piss bottles and colostomy bags..." :mrgreen:
lazerlab
Banned
Banned

Post by lazerlab »

RIPPOFFAIR or was it PISSOFFAIR ?
:lach:Image
Always look at the bright side of life !
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

I thought this was a joke until I saw the newspapers today... :?
www.35mmview.com
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Actually I think I can see the logic behind the idea; every time an aircraft lands they have to pay the airport for a truck to come and empty the toilet tank. If they charge to use the toilet almost nobody will use it on their short flights, and they can just empty it once a day instead of every flight, so saving a considerable amount of money.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

BaaBaa. wrote:
Cowboy wrote:as far as I'm concerned, they can just piss off... :mrgreen:
:agree:

Some peoples bags could come out weighing more than they went in. :mrgreen:
:lach:

Baa Baa I nearly pissed myself reading your post, but I didn't have a pound.

I not sure if it was meant as a joke, as I watched Chief executive Michael O'Leary told telling the BBC today they were considering it.

I have never been on nor, will I ever go on one of his planes, but I expect for your £1 you get to try the Elizabethan toilet option.
Shit out of the window. :oops:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

STEVE G wrote:Actually I think I can see the logic behind the idea; every time an aircraft lands they have to pay the airport for a truck to come and empty the toilet tank. If they charge to use the toilet almost nobody will use it on their short flights, and they can just empty it once a day instead of every flight, so saving a considerable amount of money.
STEVE G :idea:

But if someone doesn't have the £1 coin and shits their seat, that will cost Ryan air a lot more to clean up. :(

Also you cannot open a window to get rid of the smell, so people will be puking as well, even more cost! :twisted:

:butt:
Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

Khundon1975 wrote:
STEVE G wrote:Actually I think I can see the logic behind the idea; every time an aircraft lands they have to pay the airport for a truck to come and empty the toilet tank. If they charge to use the toilet almost nobody will use it on their short flights, and they can just empty it once a day instead of every flight, so saving a considerable amount of money.

But if someone doesn't have the £1 coin and shits their seat, that will cost Ryan air a lot more to clean up. :(

Also you cannot open a window to get rid of the smell, so people will be puking as well, even more cost! :twisted:

don't get hang up on the coin thing... Ryanair never said they will start using coins, they said they are considering charging passengers a pound to use the toilet.

Ryanair probably will sell online vouchers, so you can buy toilet tickets when you book the flights and trolley dolleys will sell you those as well, regardless of currency or how you pay it (cash/cheque/debit/credit/organs/left leg)
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

Cowboy wrote:
Khundon1975 wrote:

don't get hang up on the coin thing... Ryanair never said they will start using coins, they said they are considering charging passengers a pound to use the toilet.

Ryanair probably will sell online vouchers, so you can buy toilet tickets when you book the flights and trolley dolleys will sell you those as well, regardless of currency or how you pay it (cash/cheque/debit/credit/organs/left leg)
Cowboy :wink:

Quote from Mr Leary today to BBC.

"One thing we have looked at in the past, and are looking at again, is the possibility of maybe putting a coin slot on the toilet door, so that people might actually have to spend a pound to spend a penny in future," he told the BBC.

I think that is plain enough, don't you? :thumb:
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

It'd bring a whole new meaning to being a tight arse.