Is there a Nursery/Pre-school in the area?

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
Toni

Is there a Nursery/Pre-school in the area?

Post by Toni »

My wife and children will probably be staying in Hua Hin throughout November and December, and we were wondering if there is a locally run pre-school/creche in the area. My daughter is just starting to speak some Thai and we are keen for her to mix with Thai kids of a similar age to help her. She's got plenty of cousins but they all live in Isaan! If anyone knows of any place I'd be grateful for a steer.
buksida

Post by buksida »

You could try Prattana nursery, they start them at 18 months old there. More info at the bottom of this page:

http://www.expathuahin.com/schools-huahin.php
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Would like to explore the options of sending our daughter 2 years this december to a nursery.

Any recommendations?

We had a look around Pratthana Nursery, the environment seems nice. Anybody with kids here or who has had kids here that can comment?

Cheers
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
buksida

Post by buksida »

Our two go there, no problems noted aside from the fact that they make them sleep for a bit in the afternoon but I've heard this is the general practice in all Thai schools for younglings!

They're only at kindergarten so you can't expect too much, the 4 year old does get home work though. At that age I can't warrant spending the over 100k a year the other two schools want for the same thing.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

buksida wrote:Our two go there, no problems noted aside from the fact that they make them sleep for a bit in the afternoon but I've heard this is the general practice in all Thai schools for younglings!

They're only at kindergarten so you can't expect too much, the 4 year old does get home work though. At that age I can't warrant spending the over 100k a year the other two schools want for the same thing.
Thanks for that Buksida. The g/f wants to look at another one, tells me somewhere near Market Village, maybe opposite. Just a quick question that I didn't ask when there. Are they on a month by month payment schedule or is there a 6 month contract or a contract of any sort?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
buksida

Post by buksida »

Up to 3 years old its nursery at 2,500 per month (excluding transport), over 3 its kindergarten at 12,000 per term (2 terms a year).

They figure the little ones are more of a handful and I guess they're right! :wink:
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

buksida wrote: They figure the little ones are more of a handful and I guess they're right! :wink:
hahahhahhahah. Too True :D

Thanks for that.