Premier League 2022-23

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
PeteC

Re: Premier League 2022-23

Post by PeteC »

Do they have replay screens in most Premier league stadiums, to replay key scores/plays? In fact it would be good to run the entire match on a big screen to help out people in the far off seats.

They have it in most NFL stadiums, and the NZ/Oz Rugby stadiums but I'm not sure if in all. :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

The traditional opening game of the season saw last years FA Cup winners Liverpool beat EPL Champions Man City 3-1 although it was a close game and either side could have won. I’m sure that come May next year these two will be fighting it out again for supremacy - even though I doubt they will do it, any one of the London clubs (T, A, C) could offer a bit of resistance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:57 pm The traditional opening game of the season saw last years FA Cup winners Liverpool beat EPL Champions Man City 3-1 although it was a close game and either side could have won. I’m sure that come May next year these two will be fighting it out again for supremacy - even though I doubt they will do it, any one of the London clubs (T, A, C) could offer a bit of resistance!!
I thought people were saying Man City were going to be untouchable with the signing of Haaland...... Hmmmmm :wink:

I'm assuming the "Community Shield" goes towards the "Trophy Count" for this season - another trophy giving Liverpool the "Double" for example? Or not......... ?

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

pharvey wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:09 pm
Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:57 pm The traditional opening game of the season saw last years FA Cup winners Liverpool beat EPL Champions Man City 3-1 although it was a close game and either side could have won. I’m sure that come May next year these two will be fighting it out again for supremacy - even though I doubt they will do it, any one of the London clubs (T, A, C) could offer a bit of resistance!!
I thought people were saying Man City were going to be untouchable with the signing of Haaland...... Hmmmmm :wink:

I'm assuming the "Community Shield" goes towards the "Trophy Count" for this season - another trophy giving Liverpool the "Double" for example? Or not......... ?

Yes I believe it was part of Liverpools “quadruple” bid that fell apart in the end last season. I’m still fairly certain it will be difficult for anyone to dislodge this pair from 1st/2nd places.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:56 pm I’m still fairly certain it will be difficult for anyone to dislodge this pair from 1st/2nd places.
No doubt DM, Lost and Caller et al will have something to say about that!! :wink: :D

I was trying to look through, but name changes (sponsorship) etc. confuse the cr@p out of me....

League (OK), FA Cup (OK), European/Champions (OK), League Cup vs Community Shield (?), Carabao Cup (?), let alone what is the "Full Members Cup"!!

I assume of course it must only be the main four that constitute the "Quadruple"?.....

Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

League cup or as it is now called, Carabao cup, is the fourth. Charity Shield is not really included as a big one.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Here we go! We're back. Come on Palace! Screw losing fpl points on Jesus. :laugh:

:dance:

:cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Lost wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:02 am Here we go! We're back. Come on Palace! Screw losing fpl points on Jesus. :laugh:

:dance:

:cheers:
Seems as though you’re loosing any influence you might have had with those looking down!!
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Disappointing to see the Arse win. Must say they were excellent for most of the first half. Particularly the first 10-20 minutes. Jesus looked very sharp.

Second half, the Arse were very average. And Jesus got dispossessed half a dozen times at least which was promising. :wink:

FPL? Should have kept Martinelli instead of Jesus. :banghead: :D
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Liverpool's season over before it's begun...... :roll: :(
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

pharvey wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:56 pm Liverpool's season over before it's begun...... :roll: :(
Yup, that's them done for this season. Be surprised if they make top 4. :wink:

We've started our season how we finished the last. Hopefully that's a good omen.

Screenshot_20220806_165448.jpg
Screenshot_20220806_165448.jpg (5.96 KiB) Viewed 190 times
To be able to bring on Perisic, Bissouma, Lenglet and, after suspension, Richarlison as subs (and vice-versa should those subs start) is going to hopefully change us into trophy contenders.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

Lost wrote:
pharvey wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:56 pm Liverpool's season over before it's begun...... :roll: :(

We've started our season how we finished the last. Hopefully that's a good omen.

To be able to bring on Perisic, Bissouma, Lenglet and, after suspension, Richarlison as subs (and vice-versa should those subs start) is going to hopefully change us into trophy contenders.
https://lastwonatrophy.co.uk/tottenham/

Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Henry 14th wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:41 am
Lost wrote:

Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

Lost wrote:
Henry 14th wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:41 am
Lost wrote: Yup, that's them done for this season. Be surprised if they make top 4. :wink:

Yeah Spurs have been good to watch. Still ain’t won jack shit but getting closer all the time.

It’s looking like being a good season ahead.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

So what is the conclusion? Both Spurs and Arsenal are useless?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance: