Electric charge getting high from Government?

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Re: Electric charge getting high from Government?

Post by Spitfire »

lol...amazing we are still allowed to comment on anything here these days.

Price of electricity must be riding the edge of the envelope nowadays..........and maybe knitting patterns are now controversial too, but OK if we get permission.

:roll:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

:agree:

I agree Spitfire. I want to bitch about my 2k+ per month TrueVisions platinum HDTV subscription being taken away by the powers that be but I'm afraid to. :wink:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:offtopic: My daughter's bill was 40% down this month, with no noticeable change in usage patterns :?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Just received our latest bill which is about 500 baht more than normal - partly due to higher usage and part a higher fuel surcharge
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote::offtopic: My daughter's bill was 40% down this month, with no noticeable change in usage patterns :?
Thai dual pricing! :rasta:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
buksida

Post by buksida »

Just to preserve the balance this month's bill was the lowest we've ever had - 900 baht.

Aside from not using the a/c nothing has changed so they definitely manipulate the unit rates as there is no other explanation for the 2,200 baht difference in bills from May to July.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

We got your extra charges Buksi! For the last year and a half while renting a small house our bill was always between 3k and 4k with my A/C usage. Last month for the first time it was between 4k and 5k; this month it was 5700b! I hope it doesn't keep going up by a thousand per month...
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Our house up in Issan, we stayed there for 10, days in March and my younger stepson stays there at weekends as we rent him a room near to his school in Surin city are electric bill for March was 700 baht and has stayed the same for the months todate.
Now my wife can't work this out because the only room with AC is our bedroom which is locked up and the boy jacked in schooling for a month and moved to a collage just north of Cha Am but got bullied a bit by other pupils because if being from Issan and very dark skined so he went back.

I have been convinced that Someone has been taping our electric as her brother has started to build next to us but it's only got as far as foundations concreate columns and half a roof..

Can't wait to show the mrs this thread.

Kendo . :roll:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Something loopy is going on, its jumped from 900 (July) to 2700 (Aug) and we've done nothing different in the house. :cuss:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Ours has gone up drastically over the last two or three months, each month more than the last. We do have a third person staying with us now but that would only account for a small rise as she uses no air conditioning and showers in cold water.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

We haven't received this month's bill yet (probably today), but ours shot up when the hot weather, and has been coming down month on month as we've re-acclimatised.

When I checked, the cost rise we experienced was proportionate with extra usage.

I will let you know if this month's bill rises extraordinarily.

Points 51; Position 21
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Just received our bill - 200 Baht down on last month, which is probably accounted for by the slight drop in temperatures.

Points 51; Position 21
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Ours fell 600 THB this month and that's definitely down to usage. We only have the one unit in the bedroom and the missus has got religious in switching it off as soon as she wakes in the morning and then goes back to bed. I'm up already so don't need it.
Basically, the air con is not being used from 7am ish till around midday.
buksida

Post by buksida »

I've done some calculations from the last 6 month's bills and noticed the charge varies from 3.9 to 4.4 baht per unit so basically they just make it up as they go.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

"Without proper energy plan, power bill could double in seven years
Pichaya Changsorn
The Nation August 30, 2014 1:00 am

Official stresses procurement, conservation; warns of widening demand/supply gap of LNG

Electricity tariffs could double to Bt8 per kilowatt-hour in the next seven years, in the worst-case scenario that the country fails to achieve its energy procurement and conservation targets, says a top energy official.

Kurujit Nakornthap, director-general of the Mineral Fuels Department of the Energy Ministry, told a public forum yesterday that under that scenario, Thailand would have to increase its imports of liquefied natural gas (LNG) from 5 per cent at present to 50 per cent of total gas supply within seven years.

"What is worrying is that this gap [between the supply and demand of natural gas] will start [to get large] within just four years, while any planning efforts will take time. The worry is that if we can't reduce energy consumption as planned, this gap will increase, and we will have to import LNG at higher prices or see nobody selling to us," he said.

The forum in Bangkok was part of a series of public hearings intended to receive feedback on a national energy master plan.

Kurujit said his projection was based on an assumption that the price of imported LNG would be twice the current price of locally produced natural gas, which was about US$8 per million British thermal units at the end of last year. The prices of LNG that PTT imported from Qatar last year were between $15 and $16 per million BTU, said Kurujit, who was appointed to PTT's board of directors on July 1.

Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of the conference, he said Thailand's domestic natural-gas reserves would fall to a crisis level in seven to 15 years, a worrying trend considering that gas currently fuels 70 per cent of the country's electricity generation.

To fill the growing energy-supply shortfall, Kurujit said the ministry was preparing to propose several measures to the incoming Cabinet. These would include launching the 21st round of bidding for petroleum exploration and development concessions throughout the country; determining the fate of the Erawan, Bongkot and other petroleum fields in the Gulf of Thailand at least five years before their concessions currently held by Chevron and PTT Exploration and Production expire in 2022-2023; and negotiating a joint development agreement to explore petroleum resources in the overlapping area between Thailand and Cambodia in the gulf.

"And the fourth option … we hope that the energy conservation plan will succeed," he said.

Kurujit said the petroleum fields whose concessions will expire between mid-2022 and early 2023 were the "backbones" or the "arteries" of the country that required substantial investments to maintain their current production rates. So if the concessions are allowed to expire without proper planning, the concessionaires might not continue to drill 500 new wells every year just to keep the current gas production from falling, as they have been doing so far.

Energy permanent secretary Areepong Bhoocha-oom said the National Energy Policy Council recently agreed to put conservation on top of the country's energy-policy agenda, and it had ordered a nationwide shift to LED (light-emitting diode) lighting to help save nearly 2,000 megawatts of electricity annually.

Areepong said the second-most-important item on the agenda concerned rebalancing the country's fuel-supply options to reduce its dependence on natural gas from 65 per cent at present to about 20-30 per cent, substituting it with clean coal and renewable energy.

He said the ministry would submit a 20-year energy master plan to the new Cabinet in October, after completing public hearings in Khon Kaen and Surat Thani next month. About 500 people who took part in the first public hearing held in Bangkok yesterday. They were presented with four main energy plans: a national power development plan (PDP), a renewable-energy development plan, an energy conservation plan, and an energy procurement plan."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/busines ... 42089.html