anyplace showing rugby world cup?

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Quite some time ago my wife arranged to visit a friend in Wales yesterday. Our visit involved an overnight stay.

When we arrived, I met the husband and his mates, all avid Welsh Rugby fans. It would have been rude not to have gone down the pub with them to watch Wales stuff the Fijians.

I felt really sorry for those Welsh Rugby supporters afterwards ...........................................................................................
...........................................................................................................
...........................................................................................................
....... having an Englishman around them all night to remind them what a great result it was for Fiji.

:lach: :lach: :lach: :lach: :lach: :lach: :lach: :lach: :lach: :lach: :lach:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

rugby

Post by redzonerocker »

i bumped into a few irish guys i know last night on my travels. they were convinced that they would win & progress against the odds today.

argentina 30-15 ireland
:lach:
next time i bump into them i will be collecting my winnings :D
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Some serious thinking will be done in the Northern Hemisphere after this world cup - we're standing still compared to the Southern teams - the English and the jocks only just made it to the QF!
Talk is cheap
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

rwc

Post by redzonerocker »

australia 10-12 england :D can you adam & eve it? i bet the aussies can't :mrgreen:
an absolutely quality team performance from our boys :cheers:
bring on the kiwis . . . . .gulp :shock:
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Re: rwc

Post by BaaBaa. »

redzonerocker wrote:australia 10-12 england :D can you adam & eve it? i bet the aussies can't :mrgreen:
an absolutely quality team performance from our boys :cheers:
bring on the kiwis . . . . .gulp :shock:
Not a follower of Rugby but being patriotic and all that and getting one over the bleeding great big galahs. :cheers: :mrgreen: :cheers:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Yup, we out toughed the aussies alright! Just need that final ball to work in the next round. Vive le France tonight!!! :thumb:
Talk is cheap
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Congratulations to you guys. Really unexpected on my part. We may not hear from Chelsea and Uncle Oz for a day or so. Great match. Hats off and drinks all around. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

rwc

Post by redzonerocker »

caller wrote: Vive le France tonight!!! :thumb:

might be wishful thinking caller, but you never know! nobody gave us a prayer against the aussies today :roll:

ps cheers pete :cheers:

pps :D :D :D to all you aussies out there :D :D :D
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

I must have been the only person to have called England beating the ozzies. If Wales had bothered to turn up in the first half (they failed to do that in all their games) even they could have beaten them. The wallabies still have plenty of problems up front.

Going back to Pete's earlier comments about Wales, beating Japan by such a score was a bit of an irrelevance. I thought before the game that scoring 70 points would be the respectability threshold and Wales only just managed it. The writing was on the wall for us months ago - some of you will have read my comments about Gareth Jenkins bizarre selection policy.

My biggest sadness regarding the Fiji result was the fact that some of the veteran Welsh players ended their careers in such a way. I'm thinking in particular of Gareth Thomas, Colin Charvis and especially Martyn Williams, probably the best 7 ever to pull on a Welsh jersey and sadly cheated out of Lions caps by another coach's bizarre selection policy when Martyn was at the peak of his career. Against Fiji I thought the back row performed manfully, carrying the workload of the two lazy plodders at 4 & 5 in front of them.

Never mind, Cardiff still top of the Celtic League!!!

As for tonight "Allez Les Bleus!!"

Not sure how the draw works out but I'd love to see a Gallic-Latin final. Argentina have really impressed me.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

A friend's been staying at The Sofitel for the past two nights. My wife and I went to meet him at 9pm ish to go out for dinner.
My friend and I had been told that the Eng vs Aus game kicked off at 9pm. Well, it wasn't, it was 8pm.
Anyway, waiting in reception, I went into the bar to ask for an ashtray and saw Eng 12- 10 Aus, with 12 mins to go. My friend came down and I dragged him in there to watch the final 8 mins.
That's all we saw, but we left jubilant and surprised.
Condoking
Professional
Professional

Post by Condoking »

Discount Flights available - only 15 seats available - Paris to Sydney - One way specials - contact Jonny-wilkinson@wallowby.com.
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and then again I just sits" Punch 24th Oct 1906
Condoking
Professional
Professional

Post by Condoking »

Condoking wrote:Discount Flights available - only 15 seats available - Paris to Sydney - One way specials - contact Jonny-wilkinson@wallowby.com.
By popular demand we've added the Sydney to Aukland flight, regret all seats taken - au revoir le Kiwis et Le Ozzies - vivre les anglais et le French. Les hemisphere sud est histoire.

Next week Jonny and the boys take on les French, a mere stepping stone to the Final.
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and then again I just sits" Punch 24th Oct 1906
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

This is unbelievable, at least to me. Who would have gotten up yesterday morning and said by today both Australia and NZ would be out. Some punters have either made or lost tons of money in the last 24 hours. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

rwc

Post by redzonerocker »

you are correct pete, unbelievable!! :shock:
firstly , the aussies underestimated the english underdogs tag. you just don't turn up expecting to win when you are playing england, at any sport!
secondly, when rugby fanatics ( i'm not, football first) shout the odds about the superior technology for the criticalrugby decisions, how come france are in the semi finals ahead of a far better team on the night (new zealand) courtesy of a try scored with a forward pass.
quite often i engage in the debate of whether technology could be used in football, but as you was witnessed tonight, the better team lost by a mistake or something the officials missed :shock:
the whole pub screamed 'forward pass' tonight, yet the referee didnt hear or see it :(
i have no axe to grind, it doesn't matter to me,i think we have more chance of beating the french than the kiwis but the call for more technology for football decisions has taken a dent because the outcome was wrong even with the technology available :(
ozuncle
Guru
Guru

Post by ozuncle »

Congratulations.
A great spectacle and the best team one.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
You only live once.