2023 F1 News and Prediction League

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
pharvey

Re: 2023 F1 News and Prediction League

Post by pharvey »

Yup, he's an arrogant twat... Zip wrong with Russell's initial pass IMHO - it's racing for God's sake!! :roll:

One can only hope for Baku, but the car does seem too far ahead still.....

[EDIT] You'll need to follow the link for the video obviously....

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Verstappen seems to have a sense of entitlement, and I think it's something he's always had. "I can do whatever I want, and you have absolutely no right to challenge me." I wonder if anyone genuinely likes him?
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

His mum probably liked him :run:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:57 pm His mum probably liked him :run:
Who knows........ :?
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

A walk-in 1-2 for Red BS, but utter chaos at the end of the race in the Pit Lane (photographers, reporters and cretins galore) and on the Pit Wall (Red BS ignoring rules yet again....).

More later....
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Utter Madness...

Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Hey I got 1st and 2nd positions correct just wrong order!

:dance:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Lost wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 1:29 am Hey I got 1st and 2nd positions correct just wrong order!

:dance:
Unfortunately a bit of a stroll to a 1-2 for Red BS (Leclerc +/- 20 secs behind in 3rd), "Street Circuits" certainly seem to favour Perez ..... The win takes him to within 6 points of Crashappen but he's very much the No. 2 driver in Homer's eyes.

As for the race, a bit disappointing I guess - yet another good drive from Alonso in the Aston though - the team have made leaps and bounds so far this season :thumb:

Mercs still way off the pace unfortunately.... :( Hey ho.

Result of Baku GP: -
Baku-RES.jpg
(194.17 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
HHF Prediction League - Congrats to Dai_L who takes the Yellow Cap (without the EBP) - Parahandy still leading the pack :thumb:
Baku-HHF.jpg
Baku-HHF.jpg (67.07 KiB) Viewed 322 times
Next up Miami 05-07.05.2023

Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Wooden spoon again! Rigged.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

‘Absolute shambles’: F1 chaos at Azerbaijan GP as ‘madness’ sparks scary near-miss

https://www.news.com.au/sport/motorspor ... a4a298026e

The Azerbaijan Grand Prix ended in farcical scenes as Alpine’s Esteban Ocon nearly took out several people who entered the pit lane while the race was still running.

Where is Martin Brundle? I gave up trying to watch it with the commentary by that jabbering idiot Chunder, or whatever his name is! In addtion to his irritating accent, he has never raced in F1, but typically is now an expert! :cuss:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Nereus wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:58 am Where is Martin Brundle? I gave up trying to watch it with the commentary by that jabbering idiot Chunder, or whatever his name is! In addtion to his irritating accent, he has never raced in F1, but typically is now an expert! :cuss:
I believe Brundle has reduced his commitments with F1/Sky due to ill health - but will hopefully be back soon though!! As you say "Chundapat" or whoever is a pretty dire commentator - about as useful as he was an F1 driver (he actually did have a few races with a Spanish outfit 10-15 years ago).

The Miami GP will no doubt be an over the top, flamboyant American affair, but hopefully we'll see some decent racing. Sadly I'm not expecting any change at the top as the straight line speed of the Red BS is simply to good as things stand.... There's always hope though!! :thumb:

pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Miami GP - Race Weekend Schedule (Program Times BST): -
F1-Miami-Schedule.jpg
F1-Miami-Schedule.jpg (106.91 KiB) Viewed 284 times
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Well that qualifying session was all over the place! Teams were having issues with car setups, the track proving difficult and certainly some surprises!

Stroll out in Q1 as were Norris and Tsunoda :shock: Not sure what Mercedes were playing at in Q2, but they stuffed up the timing of their "Flying Laps"..... Hamilton going out only qualifying in P13 and Russell just scraping through to Q3. It didn't stop there, Leclerc span in Q3 forcing a Red Flag with a number of drivers including Crashappen not having set a time (Awwww)..... Could well be quite a race come Sunday :thumb:

Race Grid: -
Miami-Qualifying.jpg
(181.45 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
Good luck to all in the Prediction League!

pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Well, another walk-in 1-2 for Red BS, some 26 seconds separating 1st and 3rd, 21 seconds separating 2nd and 3rd...... The huge advantage the car is showing (at the moment) is ridiculous quite frankly and some would question how it was gained - especially considering the team's flagrant overspend(s).

Cracking drive again from Alonso finishing in 3rd for Aston Martin - unfortunately not the best of days for his teammate with Stroll finishing out of the points in 12th. Not a great day for Ferrari finishing in P5 and P7 - Leclerc with a poor racing move on lap 4 allowing Crashappen (with a rather better move) to take 2 places :roll: :banghead: The least said about McLaren the better, P17 & P19 - what is happening.....?! Ultimately not bad from Mercedes and they'll be hoping that the upgrades targeted for Imola will improve matters.

Anywho, Race Results: -
Miami-Result.jpg
(189.81 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
As for the HHF Prediction League - Congrats to BB on the Yellow Cap this round :thumb: Parahandy still topping the League from PeteC.
Miami-HHF.jpg
Miami-HHF.jpg (66.86 KiB) Viewed 252 times
Next up is Imola on the weekend of 19-21st May.

dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

pharvey wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:01 pm Well, another walk-in 1-2 for Red BS, some 26 seconds separating 1st and 3rd, 21 seconds separating 2nd and 3rd...... The huge advantage the car is showing (at the moment) is ridiculous quite frankly ...
Yep, I don't like Verstappen either! :laugh: But to my mind, the real problem is that for some time F1 has not been about finding and rewarding the best driver, but the best car. Let's be fair, Mercedes were untouchable for years, but now they're back in the pack. And so is Hamilton. It was pretty boring, although I was happy to see a British-based team with a British driver doing well. And I have to confess I don't much like him either. The only fair way to find the best driver would be to put them all in the same car (no, not the one car, you know what I mean... :roll: :laugh: ), but for obvious reasons that can't happen.

So I'm supporting Perez this season! :D
This is the way