Thailand plans to decriminalize/criminalize cannabis

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Thailand plans to decriminalize cannabis

Post by handdrummer »

People should not take more than two meals with cannabis each day. Overconsumption of cannabis can lead to brain damage, and cannabis use among children can affect the developing brain, according to the guidelines.

I've been smoking weed for 65 yrs. and there's nothing wrong with me, with me, with me, with me.

But seriously, the govt. offals have no idea what they are talking about. But, of course, that isn't news.
buksida

Post by buksida »

handdrummer wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:20 pm I've been smoking weed for 65 yrs. and there's nothing wrong with me, with me, with me, with me.
That explains a lot ... :duck: :rasta: :thumb:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

The other thing they should make mandatory is a statement from food vendors indicating whether or not their food contains cannabis. Many kway teow places now boil some cannabis in their soup; unsuspecting persons unknowingly consuming these foods could end up causing accidents or worse. It's been in the morning news where some have found cannabis, complained to the hawker, who responded, mai pen rai, it's okay, not a lot, should be all right.
Well, perhaps to a seasoned consumer, but for those who have never had it, even worse than secondhand smoke or a mickey in your drink.
I'm okay with people wanting to partake of weed, but knowingly. Not having it slipped into the food in the hope you will 'like' it and therefore consume more and come often.
วินเชนท์
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Maybe it will replace MSG? :duck: The story about that happening is apparently all over the News. People complaining specifically in Bangkok. They can't put any of it in now without a posted sign, and telling customers it's in there. No idea if all the vendors will comply. I hope so.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

First of all, you have to know the THC content and, for example, it takes 1/2 oz. of cannabis to a box of brownie mix to get high &, you'd have to eat a 2-inch square and wait about 1/2 an hour for it to take effect. It would take quite a bit of high-quality weed in a large container of soup to have any effect.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

VincentD wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:23 pm The other thing they should make mandatory is a statement from food vendors indicating whether or not their food contains cannabis. Many kway teow places now boil some cannabis in their soup;.......
Working in an industry with drug testing, that is actually quite concerning.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

STEVE G wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:29 am
VincentD wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:23 pm The other thing they should make mandatory is a statement from food vendors indicating whether or not their food contains cannabis. Many kway teow places now boil some cannabis in their soup;.......
Working in an industry with drug testing, that is actually quite concerning.
. But think of the bribes, it could be a new source of income for BIB.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Well, the other concern is that, with the borders now open, I will have many friends visiting from Singapore. As you know, they have a very strict anti drugs policy and possession of more than 200 grams of cannabis is grounds for the gallows. So, if coming back from a holiday and you test positive, not through your own fault, that is going to leave a very sour taste in your mouth. Just saying.
วินเชนท์
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

VincentD wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:27 am Well, the other concern is that, with the borders now open, I will have many friends visiting from Singapore. As you know, they have a very strict anti drugs policy and possession of more than 200 grams of cannabis is grounds for the gallows.
I guess a drugs test before flying to Singapore could replace the PCR test :run:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

BB, if you do pass through Singapore, you will take note that they are very serious about this, to include a check of the in-transit passengers. The last thing you need happen is to get unnecessarily detained, so do be aware of any consequences that could await you should you happen to pass through Singapore.
วินเชนท์
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Singapore is actually one of the next places on my 'to do' list. If the remark about cannabis in food are correct, then I've actually decided a drug test will become a very prudent move.

Points 51; Position 21
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Okay. Off topic just a bit. Singapore is a nice place to visit for a week or so. You will be taken aback by the prices of things but the variety of food is with it. Just be prepared to travel a bit for it. The public transport system is pretty good, just get a stored value card for each person, you can use it on the bus, the MRT.. all except taxis. Taxi fares are quite expensive so wouldn't advise. (I'm a cheapskate). The public transport system is wheelchair friendly so no worries for you there. Right. Back to topic.
วินเชนท์
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

With=worth. Sigh. I h8 spelchek. Was last back in Singapore in 2017 fyi.
วินเชนท์
Big Boy

Re: The Beer Thread

Post by Big Boy »

I guess it was only a matter of time...............

Marijuana infused "hop drinks" set to be all the rage in Korat

INN reported from Nakhon Ratchasima in Thailand's Isaan region (NE) where a producer has seven marijuana infused drink varieties ready for market.

They are expecting to sell 20,000 bottles a day, far exceeding expectations.

This comes after the goverment eased restrictions on the once class 5 drug on June 9th.

grass_beer.jpeg
grass_beer.jpeg (89.77 KiB) Viewed 2391 times
Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1263465-mari ... -in-korat/

Points 51; Position 21
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: The Beer Thread

Post by handdrummer »

What is the reason for putting CBD in beer? Yes, I realize that it's a marketing ploy, but other than that?