Motorbikes and Thai Dogs - How Big A Hazard?

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Motorbikes and Thai Dogs - How big a hazard?

Post by margaretcarnes »

Why oh why grown 'men' go out of their way to deliberately treat any animal in that way is beyond me Dawn. Very sad. Good luck with your move though and lets hope the Temple work helps to raise locals awareness. :cheers:
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
Arcadian
Ace
Ace

Motorbikes and Thai dogs

Post by Arcadian »

I came across one of those catalogues selling all sorts of things we never knew we needed, but what may be of interest was a hand held, battery powered dog repeller. It claims to be effective up to 40 feet and emits a high pitched noise combined with strobe lighting which stops the dog in its tracks whilst being harmless to the animal. It is being sold by a company called Coopers of Stortford in the UK, so if you have people visiting they may be able to bring it to you. On the other hand it is probably made in China so may be available locally.
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

getting back to the original question......We asked Dr Sandman:

"Well its all a matter of relative scale....

say a full dresser Harley Glide or Honda Goldwing (with Stupid Little Box Trailer) ridden by an 18 stone farang traveling at 30 kmh vs lets say.... a Chihuahua....no problem!

now

take a stripped down Hua Hin fast boy moped with a 9 stone Thai lad on it, and drive it at a Newfoundland at 30 kmh.....

CRUNCH!....pavement pizza time."

there we go....question answered!

Next week on Muffbusters.... Do Chickens Float? Can Dogs Look Up? and Wheres My Cow? :cheers:
"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

The owner of Lazy Daze has a pug that hates Harleys; the sound seems to annoy it.
The first time I saw it chasing two Thai plastic Hells Angels down the road trying to bite chunks out of the back tire of one of them, I nearly died laughing.