Manager Mourinho leaves Chelsea

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

Respect due Caller, you're obviously an 'original' like many of my mates, I was bought up with many of them in West London.
It's just that every one of the 42,000 now 'claim' to be original fans, lying gits.

Appreciate you're honesty too that Chelsea is actually in Fulham :D :D

Ok, can you tell me where/when the Chelsea-Tottenham real rivalry started from ?? Where you there that night, where was it at ??

One final question, just to double check, what/where were the 'benches' at Stamford Bridge ?? That one always susses them out.

Burger
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: sacked?

Post by redzonerocker »

Burger wrote:
Yes, he's won things but he had an unlimited budget, unlike Man U etc.

:shock: :shock: :shock: are you kidding?
i bet man utd have spent almost as much as chelski & liverpool aren't far behind either :?
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

Redzone wrote:
are you kidding?
i bet man utd have spent almost as much as chelski & liverpool aren't far behind either
I'm not talking about the last season alone.

Chelsea have had an un-limited spending budget, since Roman arrived.
Man U, Liverpool and the rest have a capped spending budget.

Surely you're not trying to deny that ?

Burger
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

man u

Post by redzonerocker »

veron, ferdinand, rooney,forlan, barthez, van nistelroy,kleberson,jemba jemba,heinze, 3 or 4 dodgy keepers (can't recall names) plus a few i've probably missed,
thats about £170 million worth of players before last season :shock:
thats some capped budget :shock:
as for liverpool, houllier bought so many players even he lost count & benitez has just continued with the same policy.
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

Mourinho Spending in full:

Aug Juliano Belletti Barcelona £3.7m
July Florent Malouda Lyon £13.5m
June Tal Ben Haim Bolton Free
June Claudio Pizarro Bayern Munich Free
June Steve Sidwell Reading Free

Aug Ashley Cole Arsenal £5m
Aug Khalid Boulahrouz Hamburg £7m
June John Mikel Obi Lyn £16m
May Ben Sahar Hapoel Tev Aviv £320,000
May Andrei Shevchenko AC Milan £30.8m
May Salomon Kalou Feyenoord £8m
May Michael Ballack Bayern Munich Free

Aug Michael Essien Lyon £24.4m
July Shaun Wright-Phillips Manchester City £21m
July Lassana Diarra Le Havre £1m
July Scott Sinclair Bristol Rovers £160,000
June Asier Del Horno Athletic Bilbao £8m
Jan Jiri Jarosik CSKA Moscow £4.83m
July Ricardo Carvalho Porto £19.85m
July Didier Drogba Marseille £24m
July Tiago Benfica £8m
July Mateja Kezman PSV Eindhoven £5m
July Paulo Ferreira Porto £13.2m
July Arjen Robben PSV Eindhoven £12m

Total £225.76m

Just the 24 players like !!! (2 teams)

And another:
Ranieri spent £120 million on players in the summer of 2003.

Not bad for one summer like.

Burger
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Burger wrote:Respect due Caller, you're obviously an 'original' like many of my mates, I was bought up with many of them in West London.
It's just that every one of the 42,000 now 'claim' to be original fans, lying gits.

Appreciate you're honesty too that Chelsea is actually in Fulham :D :D

Ok, can you tell me where/when the Chelsea-Tottenham real rivalry started from ?? Where you there that night, where was it at ??

One final question, just to double check, what/where were the 'benches' at Stamford Bridge ?? That one always susses them out.

Burger
Except for the fact I'm not from West London! The benches? lower tier, old west stand. Thats the one designed to have a car park on the roof, by the way. At home games, I was a steward at door Z i.e. the nearest those that did serious damage could get to away fans.

But I was grateful to them on a few occassions, like at Cardiff once, in Stanley Prk getting back to coaches and walking through the streets of Newcastle from the station to the game and being showered by beer bottles, glasses and the like. The boys went up to the Police and said you either sort it, or we will. The Police sorted it. The only time I've been spat in the face by a middle aged women (allegedly), was there. Lovely peeps, those toons.

As for Chelsea-spurs rivalry, no-idea, hasn't it always been that way? I sadly got caught on the pitch - it was a precursor of what happened at Hillsborough - years before, at a game at WHL when there was an almighty ruck on the pitch, but the band and marching ladies kept on playing, remember that? As I jumped on the pitch, my foot got caught in the hooped railings and my chin ended up a mess, a friend of mine had already fainted by then in the crush. I watched the game, once the pitch was cleared by the touchline. Chelsea lost.

I can recollect some league cup games during the week, but nothing in particular? Maybe it meant something different to Spurs fans?
Talk is cheap
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

agreed

Post by redzonerocker »

i agree that the money spent is over the top,
but now add , vidic,ronaldo,heinze, evra,hargreaves,carrick,nani,anderson, to utd's spree, another £100 million plus & all of a sudden the gulf isn't so big on the money spent except utd's has been over a longer period.
liverpool's spending spree over the last few years would contain quite a few 0's too :shock:

i do get the impression burger, that you don't particularly like chelski? :mrgreen:
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

Benches, West Stand Lower correct, not that I'm questioning you Caller, you're clearly one of the original small band of 16,000 fans :wink:
So apologies for doubting you before.

The rivalry started 1974, couple of games before end of season at WHL, we beat you and relegated you, and it was carnage.
Sounds like you were one of the nutters on the pitch from your description ha ha.

And it meant a lot to you, things were never the same since, the games are far worse than Spurs-Arsenal

Burger
Burger
Ace
Ace

Re: agreed

Post by Burger »

redzonerocker wrote:
i do get the impression burger, that you don't particularly like chelski?
Yes and no mate, I have respect for the original Chelsea fans, most of my mates are, just hate all the new glory-hunting fans, who can't admit they're new.

They love all the recent success, but the real fans know it's just bought and paid for, not really earn't if you like.
I honestly wouldn't have wanted Spurs to do it that way, wouldn't mean anything to me, not real.

Maybe a bit jealous, yes :oops:

Burger
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

fans

Post by redzonerocker »

:agree:
it will be interesting to see how the players react on sunday at old trafford.
i've got a feeling that the season is about to go a bit pear shaped for chelsk. :mrgreen:
Condoking
Professional
Professional

Post by Condoking »

NEWS FLASH

The "Special One" has said he wants to go back to Portugal and never be seen or heard of again. The McCanns have offered to help...
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and then again I just sits" Punch 24th Oct 1906
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

Mourinho insists he was not sacked.

So he left of his own accord then, after saying a few months back:

Jose Mourinho insisted he wants to remain Chelsea coach and said he hoped John Terry and Frank Lampard also stay at the club.

"I want to stay at Chelsea, I want to stay," Mourinho said Friday, amid ongoing media speculation about a strained relationship with billionaire owner Roman Abramovich

The bloke couldn't tell the truth if his life depended on it.

Burger
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

caller wrote:Chelsea to win 0-1!

You saw it here first! :duck:
I'm hiding this post in this thread (emoticon for lurking sleuth). I changed to MU 1-0 after studying 3 UK betting web sites today. In fact I changed my picks to exactly what they had concerning win/lose and only kept two scores from my original picks. Incidently, I wasn't that far off from what they had, only 2 off compared to their win/lose, considerably off on scores. They like the 1-0 stuff whereas I seem to go 3-1, 2-1 etc.

Now we may see, is my gut feel as good as the pro odds makers? Will I have sun or clouds and thunderstorms again?! Pete :shock: :D :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Hi Pete,

I've actually scored it 0-0. But take no notice of me, my form has deserted me this season. I had L'pool as my banker for a 3-0 win and they couldn't even beat the brummies!

Caller
Talk is cheap
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Burger wrote:Respect due Caller, you're obviously an 'original' like many of my mates, I was bought up with many of them in West London.

Burger

I have noticed that too. I am another of the originals and grew up in the same are as you but a couple of years earlier.

At the time the choice was Brentford, QPR, Chelsea and Fulham. Brentford were a dedicated fourth division side but the first ground I went to with my dad. Ideal place to take a kid. QPR were slightly more successful but in a very rough area and had a tiny ground. They still had not seen the big time when I was at school. This left Chelsea and Fulham, both in Fulham as you say. Peer pressure then prevailed and having and having a mother of Italian descent, the color was right so I went with Chelsea. They were also the most successful of the two at the time. I remember having 12 capped players at one time in the late sixties.

The 'ooter, front wheel skid, dustbin lid, 4 x 2 connection has made me think. I hope he moves on quickly. It was bad enough being labeled Chelski but Forbies mark 2 or the Blue Dustbin Lids would be a bit much.

Anyway I heard on ESPN that they have listed five targets and there are already bookmakers odds on them. I remember the fifth being Didier Deschamps in fifth place at 5/1. He is an old Chelsea man as well.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]