Covid-19 Omicron Variant

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
stretch
Professional
Professional

Re: Covid-19 Omicron Variant

Post by stretch »

Whos fault is that spend your money and get it like other people sitting there doing nothing.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

stretch wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:02 pm Whos fault is that spend your money and get it like other people sitting there doing nothing.
Is it necessary to assign blame?
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

handdrummer wrote:
stretch wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:02 pm Whos fault is that spend your money and get it like other people sitting there doing nothing.
Maybe it is.

Opinion:

The richest countries are vaccine hoarders. Try them in international court

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -have-died
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

While I agree that it's shameful for the richer countries to hoard vaccines, it's not that easy to distribute them to poor countries. Donating the vaccines is the easy part. The problem is that many of these countries don't have the infostructure to move those vaccines into the arms of their citizens. Often they lack the storage facilities for those than need sub-zero temperatures. Transportation to the vaccination centres can be a problem. There are other concerns.

What the 'rich' nations need to do, apart from donating vaccines, is to provide them with help in the storage, transportation etc. In other words have people on the ground that can advise. There are countries in Africa that have had to destroy tens of thousands of vaccines that have expired. There's no point in donating vaccines without the help they need. Without that help, many more thousands of doses will finish up being destroyed.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ Distribution and storage are problems, but maybe the biggest problem is manufacturing enough vaccine while the patent holders insist on doing it themselves.

Doses sitting on shelves in rich countries which are then 'donated' (dumped) just before expiry is another possible problem (if that actually happens).
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

hhinner wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:18 pm
handdrummer wrote:
Maybe it is.

Opinion:

The richest countries are vaccine hoarders. Try them in international court

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -have-died
I was referring to blaming individuals.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

I notice the british government has gone on record saying the UK has had its first Omicron death while giving absolutely no details on the death. Was it someone who died with Omicron not of it. Any underlying health issues of the person? Was it a 98 year old already on his/her last legs?

Woefully irresponsible. Just trying to whip up fear.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
stretch
Professional
Professional

Post by stretch »

The uk goverment cannot count the figures idiot Rabb has lost his abacus and only needs to count to 10 as for Boris a death from what he never said lions led by donkeys come to mind.
nil
Professional
Professional

Post by nil »

You now know who you should keep away from.

Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

stretch wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:47 pm The uk goverment cannot count the figures idiot Rabb has lost his abacus and only needs to count to 10 as for Boris a death from what he never said lions led by donkeys come to mind.
Yes, I saw that recent maths struggle for Raab. At one point it was 'in the hundreds' hospitalised with Omicron. The next point—nine.

I'm becoming more and more disillusioned with any covid reports coming out. Reports, and subsequent measures put in place, are straying further and further from 'the science'.

One one hand: "You need to be double-vaxxed to enter the following establishments"

On the other: "Two vaccinations are not enough. You need a booster!"

Same time period. Actually... same bloomin' report this was said!
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

nil wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:03 pm You now know who you should keep away from.

I try keep away from them anyway. Don't want their gender fluid stuff spilling on me. :D
nil
Professional
Professional

Post by nil »

Lost wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:06 pm
I try keep away from them anyway. Don't want their gender fluid stuff spilling on me. :D
Ladyboys?
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Post by Stargeezer »

Omicron is still new, but is is still killing people all over the world. Maybe not as many people
are dying from it as are dying from the Delta variant, but it is still new, and the data is still being
gathered. The COVID cases are spiking in many parts of the world and the hospitals are becoming
strained by the number of people plugging them up. Many ICU wards are still so full of COVID cases
that operations are still being denied because of the lack of beds and doctors. Enough stubborn, selfish people
in the world still refuse to be vaccinated that this pandemic will continue for at least several months yet.
Besides Delta is still around as well and it is not any weaker. Something to remember.
Pluto is my favorite planet!, especially now that we all can see close up
pictures of it.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Omicron is still new, but is is still killing people all over the world.
Not yet but may happen. Currently only 1 death has been reported worldwide and that came from the UK 3 days ago. There has been no details given, whether vaccinated, underlying conditions etc.

Time will tell.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

HHTel wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:40 am
Omicron is still new, but is is still killing people all over the world.
Not yet but may happen. Currently only 1 death has been reported worldwide and that came from the UK 3 days ago. There has been no details given, whether vaccinated, underlying conditions etc.

Time will tell.
Deaths (at the moment) may not be directly attributed to Omicron, but hospital admissions have increased exponentially (and will continue to do so). People are harping on the (supposed) fact that this variant has "mild symptoms", yet thousands have been hospitalised and in turn have caused major issues/delays/cancellations to others treatment or operations - and as such, many other fatalities will follow.

I don't think there's much doubt that many other variants will follow.

People need to bloody learn!! :cuss: :banghead:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.