Booster Vaccines - Covid 19

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.

Full time or part time foreign residents of Thailand which booster vaccine have you received?

AstraZeneca
20%
Johnson & Johnson
No votes
Moderna
22%
Pfizer
44%
Sinopharm
4%
Sinovac
No votes
Other (Explain)
2%
4%

Total votes: 45

PeteC

Re: Booster Vaccines - Covid 19

Post by PeteC »

When is one thing, what is another? I think those who have had Astra may want something else as a booster per the above CNN/UK article.

We'll have to see what's on the menu when the time comes I guess. :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I thought we'd been told we were getting Pfizer or Moderna as boosters.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Hasn't the government ordered millions of doses of Pfizer for booster shots?

Pfizer is also on offer for new vaccine applicants, either as both shots or as second shot after first shot of AZ.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:05 pm I thought we'd been told we were getting Pfizer or Moderna as boosters.
Yes, that's true. I think about your average Thai who may not know what's going on and the home source emphasis, for reasons we can't elaborate on, is local made Astra. If money, or ass kissing is involved, I don't trust their ethics at all.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

PeteC wrote:
Big Boy wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:05 pm I thought we'd been told we were getting Pfizer or Moderna as boosters.
Yes, that's true. I think about your average Thai who may not know what's going on and the home source emphasis, for reasons we can't elaborate on, is local made Astra. If money, or ass kissing is involved, I don't trust their ethics at all.
I don't think the home source is a problem. AZ still have back orders of millions of doses to other countries, and those other countries may not be able to afford the much more expensive alternatives (every other vaccine).
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

hhinner wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:35 pm
PeteC wrote:
I don't think the home source is a problem. AZ still have back orders of millions of doses to other countries, and those other countries may not be able to afford the much more expensive alternatives (every other vaccine).
Not in Thailand I know, but I had my "Booster Jab" recently and despite having the AZ Jab for the first two, I was told that Pfizer was the preferred "Booster" - regardless of the previous jabs. I was told Pfizer as a Booster was more resilient than others.

I can vouch for a couple of reported side-effects in that it certainly added to fatigue. That said, we all suffer different symptoms.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

pharvey wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:06 am
hhinner wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:35 pm
PeteC wrote:
Not in Thailand I know, but I had my "Booster Jab" recently and despite having the AZ Jab for the first two, I was told that Pfizer was the preferred "Booster" - regardless of the previous jabs. I was told Pfizer as a Booster was more resilient than others.

I can vouch for a couple of reported side-effects in that it certainly added to fatigue. That said, we all suffer different symptoms.

:cheers: :cheers:
It’s being widely reported that both Pfizer and Moderna offer the best protection when used as booster jabs
https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-pfi ... s-12485047
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Is this event at Bluport tomorrow boosters or just 1st/2nd vax?

There was a separate post/announcement which I saw (but can't find now) that indicated boosters were permitted 4 weeks after 2nd shot(which I find hard to believe)

TIA

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

First & 2nd. Walk-in only 1st.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

hhinner wrote:First & 2nd. Walk-in only 1st.
Thanks. Thought as much. Some chatter on FB about it being boosters. I think it's still too early for anyone to get a booster yet, first jabs where in July I think?? so 2nd ones late August?

Maybe the seven diseases could be due as early as Dec but most people will be due a booster Jan to Mar I reckon

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

According to a HHH FB post today they are starting to call SV/SV vaccine receivers for boosters next week (14th). The published list of names includes foreigners. In this case the booster will be AZ.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

My son had a double dose of Sinopharm. He has registered for his booster today with HHH.

Points 51; Position 21
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ Is that the Google docs form linked on HHH FB page? Looks like PKK public health are checking the numbers of sinopharmers in the province. I couldn't see what vaccine they're aiming to give as booster.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

They haven't named the booster yet, just registering people at the moment.

Points 51; Position 21
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

"If you got a Johnson & Johnson vaccine, get a booster shot after 2 months"

Above is coming from the government of the State of California. I haven't read it anywhere else but I would think it's standard operating procedure everywhere for that vaccine. Pfizer and Moderna are 6 months. It also stated that the booster should be a different vaccine than the original set, as we already know.