Subway Subs in Hua Hin

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

crazy88 wrote:Kelpiekiss wrote

"There's a reason why it's the ONLY place in Hua Hin where you have to wait for a table"

Try the chicken rest. at the bottom of soi 88 on a weekend or public holiday,Bangkok Thais all down the street waiting for a table every time .I eat there a lot weekdays and can see why .

:mrgreen:
Do you mean the little stall with the full cooked chickens?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Jockey wrote:
It sets you up for a solid dump later in the day!
Not too much later I hope, because you wouldn't to miss out on
Tip - if your in Hua Hin and your bowels begin to bubble, avoid trouble in a pleasant environment. Go to the toilets next to American spare rib (upstairs from Macdonalds). :wink:
:twisted:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

No ,

Just up from Kims kitchen,small white sign with a cartoon chicken on it .Very rustic with a natural looking pond in the middle and driftwood tables .Opens in the morning and shuts when it runs out of food .Limited menu and everthing is chicken based but very good .Great Laarb,green curry,stuffed battered wings .Loads of strange plants and leaves to nibble on .Won,t hurt the wallet at all .

Crazy 88
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Subway

Post by lindosfan1 »

Kelpiekiss wrote
Are you out of your mind??? Firstly, the food in the UK is WAY WAY WAY superior to Thailand's. You can get great Thai food in the UK plus any other type of food the world has to offer, it's the best range of food available anywhere. Plus the UK has loads of top quality locally grown produce.
Kelpiekiss The UK does have a high standard of cuisine. you can get Thai food in the UK we both had excellent curries with rice the other day in Hua hin price with a drink 300 baht say £5. a similar meal in the UK would have cost between £25 to £30 my partner would not eat in a Thai restaurant in the UK for that reason. I did once go for a business meal in a Thai restaurant in the UK. It was not Thai it had been ruined.
As for the UK having loads of local produce go round your local supermarket and see what is produced fresh in the UK.
No I am not out of my mind, I assure you I get fresher vegetables, fish.fruit here. I suggest you open your eyes to what you are buying in the UK and where it is produced
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Re: Subway

Post by BaaBaa. »

lindosfan1 wrote:As for the UK having loads of local produce go round your local supermarket and see what is produced fresh in the UK.
No I am not out of my mind, I assure you I get fresher vegetables, fish.fruit here. I suggest you open your eyes to what you are buying in the UK and where it is produced
Bit of a contradiction, you wouldnt go to the supermarket if you wanted the best local produce, you'd go to the market/butcher/fishmonger.

Fruit is obviously going to be fresher in Thailand but the UKs products are up with the best in the world.

I fancy a steak, Aberdeen Angus or Water Buffalo, I cant decide.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

fresh food

Post by lindosfan1 »

Very few local markets, an independent butcher extremely rare, even in markets yo cannot guarantee local produce, seen in local market and greengrocers in december fresh stawberries, plums, peas, tomatoes and runner beans I do not believe you can state they are local. You will occassionally get local goods in season but most of the stuff comes from abroad.
Fish the best fish I have ever tasted was fresh off of a day trawler in Dungeness Kent nearly all of the fish is frozen prior to sale this does diminish te flavour. Best place for fresh fish Thailand.
Meat most of the meat comes from abroad it is not fresh.
Its about time the the UK retailers were totally honest about the origins of all there food including when meat was slaughtered and when fish was caught you be be horrified at the time between slaughter and reaching your plate
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Re: fresh food

Post by BaaBaa. »

lindosfan1 wrote:Fish the best fish I have ever tasted was fresh off of a day trawler in Dungeness Kent.Best place for fresh fish Thailand.
What???? So would the Fish in Buriram be fresher than you tried in Dungeness?
lindosfan1 wrote:Very few local markets, an independent butcher extremely rare
Bollocks. One of my best friends is a butcher, there are at least 3 others in my town.
lindosfan1 wrote: Meat most of the meat comes from abroad it is not fresh.
Frozen crap from a supermarket may come from abroad to cut the price but we're talking about the quality of British products not the origin of tinned Hotdog sausages.
lindosfan1 wrote:even in markets yo cannot guarantee local produce, seen in local market and greengrocers in december fresh stawberries, plums, peas, tomatoes and runner beans I do not believe you can state they are local. You will occassionally get local goods in season but most of the stuff comes from abroad.
Thats why good restaurants have seasonal menus, so the produce is fresh.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Quality

Post by lindosfan1 »

Talk about the quality of british goods.
Seasonal goods in restaurants rare and extremely expensive no thanks
Fresh fish I compared extremes the difference between the fish I eat in Hua Hin to the fresh off of a trawler in dungeness very little.
The difference between fish brought in the UK and the fish in Thailand vast.
Also when I got to eat in an average restaurant in thew UK and the price of a fish meal is upwards of £12 here I get FRESH fish fish at a quarter of that price in a good restaurant.
As I said before and I note no comment made if you knew the time between slaughter and the meat or fish on your plate you would be horrified.
I used to in my job travel round all of the UK south of Nottingham and never has fish tasted right.
As to your restaurants selling local fresh local produce all the time I doubt it very much. Do they close in the winter months. Do they never used imported goods.
Also as to your comment about tinned sausages never tried them, never ever bought tinned vegetables, meat or fish
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Re: Quality

Post by BaaBaa. »

lindosfan1 wrote: Seasonal goods in restaurants rare
Completely and utterly untrue. Its the basic rule of a good restaurant.
lindosfan1 wrote: Also when I got to eat in an average restaurant in thew UK and the price of a fish meal is upwards of £12 here I get FRESH fish fish at a quarter of that price in a good restaurant.
I agree, you can eat better in Thailand for cheaper, this has nothing to do with the quality of the Produce.
lindosfan1 wrote: As I said before and I note no comment made if you knew the time between slaughter and the meat on your plate you would be horrified.
I wouldnt expect the meat to be rushed to my plate, a good Butcher would hang Lamb for 2 weeks and Beef even longer.
lindosfan1 wrote: As to your restaurants selling local fresh local produce all the time I doubt it very much. Do they close in the winter months.
No, they would use seasonal products, winter vegetables etc.
lindosfan1 wrote: Also as to your comment about tinned sausages never tried them, never ever bought tinned vegetables, meat or fish
So you've never had tinned Tuna, Corned Beef or Baked Beans?
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

food

Post by lindosfan1 »

No I do not like tinned fish meator baked beans just taste not saying anything against them.
You like your meat hung mostly meat these days is killed the frozen not hung. I know what you mean but the health and safety brigade stopped meat being hung in the proper way.
As to quality of restaurants there are good and bad everwhere here the vast majority I have eaten in have been good.
In the UK I found that the best food was breakfast in lorry drivers cafes cannot beat the breakfasts or expensive restaurants the middle and lower grade places I would describe the food as indifferent.
Yes there are winter vegetables again turnips swedes brussel sprouts cabbage kale all of which I like where do you eat that serves those, very few places do.
The average man in the street shops in the supermarket unless you go to ususally the organic expensive range of food nearly all of it is imported.
Finally is our discussion governed by where we live I used to live in the south, expensive and not good value. This needs to be taken into account as well.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Ever tried one of these? :shock:

:cheers:
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

Huh? Sandwiches? Que? :shock:

BTW, I like Subway sandwiches! :wink:
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Food

Post by lindosfan1 »

BaaBaa Could not see the video :cry: Cheeseburger in a can that has to be a wind up. If not, it confirms my deepest suspicion Americans are loopy (excluding Americans on here and my American friends)
That has to be the most uninviting food in the world

Cheeseburger in a can :guns: :cuss: :lach:
:offtopic: even a subway might be better than that but I will not bother trying
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

lindosfan,

If you missed the Cheeseburger in a can, you must have missed the dehydrated wine that went with it :?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

WINE

Post by lindosfan1 »

Dehydrated wine i'll drink to that :cheers: