Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Post by Dannie Boy »

As is often said “I’ll believe it when I see it”!!
bigston
Guru
Guru

Post by bigston »

think its hot this year ??

https://www.axios.com/2023/04/18/deadly ... hina-india

Friends in Chiang Mai have had two 41 plus degree days this past week
how does he know
he used a magnifying glass the read the thermometer on days of an AQI of over 270
Welcome to the new world...
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

5 provinces in Thailand suffering from blazing heat

https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand ... l/40026776
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

It’s six days since I posted my “rain every day” forecast and so far not a single drop of rain has fallen - I’m not surprised just hugely disappointed that they manage to get it so wrong!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bigston
Guru
Guru

Post by bigston »

Dont Despair DB
good old trusty Windy told me yesterday i was to get 8 mm from 1 pm - 4 pm

well i was prepared, got the tarpaulins set up, cleaned the gutters, got my wellies at the ready ,and then washed the car in preparation for the once in a 100 year event.
Sigh.....
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Swathes of Asia sweat in heatwave as record temperatures and intense sun precede rainy season

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-04-20/ ... /102244408

People across South and South-East Asia have been taking cover beneath any shelter they can find as they pray for cooling rains, with record temperatures hitting the region.

Bangladesh saw its highest temperature for almost 60 years in the past week, while in India at least 13 people died from heat stroke, along with two in Thailand, according to local media.

"It's hotter and hotter every year," said Mikako Nicholls, shielding herself from the blazing rays with an umbrella near Bangkok's central Lumpini Park on Wednesday.

Scientists say global warming is exacerbating adverse weather, with a recent report from the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change warning: "Every increment of global warming will intensify multiple and concurrent hazards."

Ms Nicholls said Bangkok's warmer spell was the hottest she had experienced in five years in the capital, and she was trying to stay indoors or in the shade.

Thailand's Meteorological Department said on Wednesday that temperatures hit a record-equalling 44.6 degrees Celsius in the western province of Tak on April 15, warning that the baking weather would continue into next week.

"It's possible that this year's heat might have been exacerbated due to human actions," said deputy director-general Thanasit Iamananchai.

The kingdom typically endures a spell of hotter weather preceding the rainy season, but the sun has shown an extra intensity this time around. (probably that bloody Putin interfering)

"This year's record heat in Thailand, China and South Asia is a clear climate trend and will cause public health challenges for years to come," said scientist Fahad Saeed, regional lead for climate policy institute Climate Analytics.

He warned that soaring temperatures were a result of climate change — and that the impact on vulnerable populations would be dire.

"The extreme heat that we've witnessed over the last few days will hit the poor the hardest," said Mr Saeed, who is based in Pakistan.

"It may even be life threatening for those without access to cooling or adequate shelter."

A similar story played out in Myanmar where Ko Thet Aung, a taxi driver in the country's commercial capital Yangon, said the heat was worse than in previous years.

"I can't drive if the temperature is too hot during the day," the 42-year-old said.

'Prayers for rain'

In Bangladesh hundreds gathered in the capital Dhaka to pray for rain after temperatures hit 40.6 degrees Celsius — the highest temperature recorded since the 1960s.

"They held prayers for rain. They also held prayers for easing the temperature and protection from the heatwave," local police chief Abul Kalam Azad told AFP.

The low-lying country is being dramatically impacted by climate change, enduring devastating flooding and ever-more erratic rainfall.

Neighbouring India saw at least 13 people die from heat stroke at an awards event held outside in the west of the country on Sunday.

It came as the nation's weather authority said parts of northern and eastern India were experiencing temperatures roughly three to four degrees above normal.

Urmila Das, a housewife in the north-western city of Guwahati, said her family were suffering under the extreme conditions.

"We are not used to this kind of heat," the 42-year-old said, adding that she had not sent her children to school as a precaution.

"Normally, we have rains in this part of the region from mid-March but there is no rain this year. It is very difficult."

Contract labourer Sumu Bezbaruah, who works outside mostly delivering supplies to shops, said the heat was overwhelming.

"It has become very difficult to travel and deliver the goods," he said.

"I do not remember seeing this kind of weather in the recent past."
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

After predicting 7 days of consecutive rain and not getting a drop, the weather forecasters must be getting desperate, as they’re giving it another go - let’s see if they have more luck this time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Or maybe another weather app :laugh:

Weather.png
Weather.png (112.9 KiB) Viewed 641 times

Points 51; Position 21
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I do use other weather apps, it’s just that I don’t understand how these guys manage to get it so wrong on such a consistent basis for here in Thailand, whereas the same app, when I’m in the UK is normally very accurate, even predicting with quite high accuracy, when the rain will start and stop?
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Dannie Boy wrote:I do use other weather apps, it’s just that I don’t understand how these guys manage to get it so wrong on such a consistent basis for here in Thailand, whereas the same app, when I’m in the UK is normally very accurate, even predicting with quite high accuracy, when the rain will start and stop?
I made this exact point on here about 2 years ago

As a golfer I'm always on the lookout for rain.

When I was in the UK they knew within the hour(at the most) when it would rain, not if!

Clearly a very different meteorological system here and many just guess(incorrectly)

However Google(weather.com)is the most reliable here in my experience.

Far more reliable than 'Blowing in the Windy' which is useless for Hua Hin area(might be ok for other parts of Thailand though)

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

The inevitable has happened - after predicting rain for the past 3 weeks, we’re finally getting some today, not very hard but it does constitute rain - just hoping that this is the start of more to come!!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I drove to Bangkok yesterday pm. Poured down for 50% of the way. Temperature dropped nicely for the footie also :D

Points 51; Position 21
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Regrettably here it was very much in keeping with Shakespeare’s “Much ado about nothing” still I’m always hopeful that it’s a small start in the right direction and that we’ll get a bit more soon!!
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:24 am I drove to Bangkok yesterday pm. Poured down for 50% of the way. Temperature dropped nicely for the footie also :D
What is a “footie” ?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Football Match :laugh:

Points 51; Position 21