Premier League 2013-2014

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Re: Premier League 2013-2014

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Zidane wrote:
JimmyGreaves wrote:
arcadianagain wrote:So AVB blames his players, a bad workman always blames his tools, that`s just what they were against City, tools.
Yes and they have promised to hammer Man U!! :guns:
The same as Bayer Leverkeusen then ? :rasta: the Spuds are a club in crisis,Villas-Boas might be lucky to last till Xmas ! :guns:
I'll let you know if you are talking shite 8.45pm Thai Time Sunday :D
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

8.45pm....nah,your forgetting injury time,Jimmy.....United could bang in a couple more then ! :rasta:
We're all on our uppers,we're all going skint,
I used to suck fat cigars but now I suck Polo mints.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

One thought to ponder going forward.......will Sir Alex replace Villas-Boas? :shock:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

prcscct wrote:One thought to ponder going forward.......will Sir Alex replace Villas-Boas? :shock:
More chance of Sarah Ferguson replacing AVB than Sir Alex,I would have thought,Pete ! :)
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

all we have to do now is win all our remaining matches and the title is ours, simple!!!
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

Good game,a draw a fair result but on the evidence of tonights match both sides could well be chasing a Europa League place along with Everton and Newcastle....
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

Zidane wrote:Good game,a draw a fair result but on the evidence of tonights match both sides could well be chasing a Europa League place along with Everton and Newcastle....
and Liverpool mid table again. ho ho
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Zidane wrote:Good game,a draw a fair result but on the evidence of tonights match both sides could well be chasing a Europa League place along with Everton and Newcastle....
Yes, I'm inclined to agree. Apart from a gem of a goal from Sandro, there wasn't much to marvel at. Not a lot of guile from either side.

As far as Spurs are concerned, we seem to be suffering from a case of 'weakness in depth'. Plenty of options, but none of them quite the right one. We weren't all that impressive against mighty Tromso the other day.

Soldado has been really disappointing. He's not an Adebayor - he isn't hiding, he's working hard, but whether it's just the tactics or an unfortunately timed barren spell, he needs to snap out of it soon. He missed a decent opportunity to do so in the first half yesterday. So much of this game is about confidence, and it must be fairly low. And it's really unfair to keep bringing Defoe on for 15-20 minutes and expect him to work miracles.

Utd were nothing to write home about either. Rooney apart, a fairly ordinary team.

The result? From my perspective, the penalty was - just - technically - a penalty. It shouldn't have been given away and Welbeck didn't need to allow the contact, but I don't suppose we can blame him for that these days. "There was contact". There was contact because he chose to leave his back foot down so that it would catch Lloris' outstretched hand.
Enough of my pet bugbear.

Rooney's first was just one of those things, though being Rooney, he was in the right place at the right time and took it well. Given Rooney or Soldado, I know who I'd rather have as my centre forward right now.

Spurs' first was a bit bizarre as well. Walker took an unimaginative free kick from just outside the box with his eyes closed. He hit it straight at the wall, but along the ground. The wall jumped in unison just at the right moment, and it's 1-0 to the Spurs. Still, right now, a goal's a goal.

So we could have won, we had several chances to go ahead again, and we shouldn't really have conceded 2. Having said that, slthough we can't score, it's not often we struggle for possession these days, and Utd had 60%. So, struggling manfully for a scrap of objectivity, I'd have to admit through gritted teeth that a draw was a fair result.

And no bloody use to either team. :banghead:

Oh, and before I sign off, may I say how jolly nice it was to hear about Bale's hat-trick for RM? And apparently he's scored more goals since moving to Spain than Spurs have managed between them in the Premiership. T'riffic. Really chuffed for him. Bangin' 'em in for fun.
This is the way
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I think Spurs have divided everyone, in that folk can't make up their minds about them. On MOTD2 tonight, Dion Dublin thought them overated and Lawrenson the complete opposite!

I think the jury's still out - as with AVB.
Talk is cheap
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

So - we lose Bale (Inevitable) - and he keeps scoring.
We get 5 or 6 so called decent replacements which (on paper) seemed to indicate a winning side.

And we can't score enough in open play to impress anybody

Still - a draw with Manure after last weeks fiasco against Citeh is a step in the right direction

But still not good enough - at this rate I don't see a top four slot this season.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Out of curiosity, does the the Premier League and the Champions League give champions' rings to each player, similar to what the NFL and MLB do for the Superbowl and World Series? If not a ring, is there any kind of individual award? Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
zeitgeist
Professional
Professional

Post by zeitgeist »

The players in the squad get a medal
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

Well,thats the defence of the Premiership down the swannee but,looking on the bright side,it now means we can concentrate 100% on winning the Champions League ! :rasta:
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Zidane wrote:Well,thats the defence of the Premiership down the swannee but,looking on the bright side,it now means we can concentrate 100% on winning the Champions League ! :rasta:
Which you won't with David Pubic Hair (Changed the surname for the Thai translation there :D ) in charge...

Sorry Zidane... I'm a Spurs fan. We need something to smile about right now. That something is - "At least we don't have Moyes in charge for the next few decades!"

:cheers:
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

GLCQuantum wrote:
Zidane wrote:Well,thats the defence of the Premiership down the swannee but,looking on the bright side,it now means we can concentrate 100% on winning the Champions League ! :rasta:
Which you won't with David Pubic Hair (Changed the surname for the Thai translation there :D ) in charge...

Sorry Zidane... I'm a Spurs fan. We need something to smile about right now. That something is - "At least we don't have Moyes in charge for the next few decades!"

:cheers:
no you have AVB, that should ensure more lows than highs