Locations that serve a "good" Amercian / English breakfast.

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Locations that serve a "good" Amercian / English breakfast.

Post by dtaai-maai »

HHTel wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:36 pm However, I'm digressing from the 'breakfast theme'.
Who says you can't have fish and chips for breakfast? :naughty:
This is the way
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:11 pm 300฿ for the Big Boy and 230฿ for the regular/ There was a 3rd option of 190฿ for the Vegan, or was it Vegetarian (both the same to me - no interest :D).
Agree they're pricey compared to others across Hua Hin.

Based on what i see in photos you're paying an extra 50 baht on top for the convenience of being in MV

But then again that's kind of understandable with rents and service charges

I think I will occasionally use this place when i need to do stuff in MV
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

HHTel wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:36 pmI've had several meals at Zabwer. Their fish and chips is, in my opinion, the best you'll get in Hua Hin.
I never say anything is the best as I havent tried everywhere, and again digressing slightly, but I agree with you that their F&C are excellent. Zebwer (even they use more than one spelling for it), is my go to place for haddock & chips.

Talk is cheap
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

HHTel wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:40 pm coincidentally, only yesterday my daughter (currently in the US) sent me a pic of a breakfast with eggs, bacon, waffles and syrup all on the same plate. She thought it was a mistake but was told it's normal.
I have to agree with her comment "Very weird people!"
Thanks for corrobrating my story. I thought everyone was aware of this wierdness, but it seems not!
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

thecolonel wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:14 pm
Big Boy wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:11 pm 300฿ for the Big Boy and 230฿ for the regular/ There was a 3rd option of 190฿ for the Vegan, or was it Vegetarian (both the same to me - no interest :D).

Based on what i see in photos you're paying an extra 50 baht on top for the convenience of being in MV

You saw the pictures? The breakfasts are definitely more substantial than others that I've tried in Hua Hin. You get what you pay for.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I did say:
I'm glad I tried it, and it was a decent portion of good food for the money.
For me, the only thing that let it down was the coffee. A lot of decent food. Although I tried the Big Boy breakfast, there was far too much for me, with the regular size being plenty, and sort of brings the prices closer together. It was a new brand of sausage for me, which IMHO was quite good.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:02 am I did say:
It was a new brand of sausage for me, which IMHO was quite good.
If you like the sausage they will sell you some uncooked. At least they did for us last year.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Thats close to what Nany's charges and that brekkie looks far superior ... better setting too rather than sitting on a noisy road!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Some people (not you BB) seem to forget that prices of food ingredients has increased substantially over the past year - you’re not going to get a decent quality breakfast for peanuts anymore!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:20 am Some people (not you BB) seem to forget that prices of food ingredients has increased substantially over the past year - you’re not going to get a decent quality breakfast for peanuts anymore!!
I completely agree. Just look at the 'medium' offering from Yings at 179b, as posted by the colenel, and the medium at 230 from BB's post. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for for. Same with F&C. You can still buy it with cheaper fish at cheaper prices, or you can pay for better quality fish.
Talk is cheap
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

404cameljockey wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:36 am
thecolonel wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:14 pm

You saw the pictures? The breakfasts are definitely more substantial than others that I've tried in Hua Hin. You get what you pay for.
Utter nonsense. You obviously havent been to as many places as i have and certainly not to Nits on Soi 102.

Her breakfast for 180 blows this right out of the water in every way.

And yes i saw the pictures, i post pictures of breakfasts ive had so im used to checking what's on the plate

So for 230 baht, where is Burgers and Beers "more substantial" than?

Wherever that is, i certainly wont be going there!!!

In fact the only place that i can think of that would give less(English brekky) food than B&B, but for more money, is 111 Social House on the beach at the back of the new Intercontinental Residences(opp MV) 300 baht for that one. But thats a very fancy dan place and on the beach

"You get what you pay for!" Never heard such b@llocks in all my life. As if some restaurants dont offer better value for money than others. How then does Nits do the same(id argue better) breakfast than Euro Deli but for 50 baht less?

Some people need to get in the real world
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Re: Locations that serve a

Post by thecolonel »

Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:20 am Some people (not you BB) seem to forget that prices of food ingredients has increased substantially over the past year - you’re not going to get a decent quality breakfast for peanuts anymore!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And those people are who?

Simply comparing the offerings, both quality and price, of one restaurant/cafe to another is not in anyway shape or form asking for it to be peanuts

If i wanted the cheapest brekky in town id go to Nanys for 110 baht. But i dont

as also posted on here id rather pay more because the dining enevironment is important to me. Eg i wont go to Pats place on 94 as i dont want my eardrums burst by trucks with faulty exhuasts. 99 Cafe can have a similar probelm but just less so.

Dont see how comparing offerings is seeking good food for peanuts in any way but some people just get off on making derogatory comments even when totally unjustified
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

My comment was to anybody who thinks they can get a good quality breakfast for peanuts - we all know through our weekly shop that many food items have increased by 50% over the past year and restaurant prices reflect this. Ok so you can still get better value between establishments by searching and there’s no problem with that, but generally speaking, there’s normally a close relationship between price and quality.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Okay, lets do a comparision.

Yings on soi 94.

Nit's on soi 102.

B&B in MV Big.

B&B in MV medium. Sausage hiding under the bacon.

Zebwer, my own choice, sans egg. Only butter as requested.

Talk is cheap
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Don't think I'll be going to Yings! :D
Talk is cheap