Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
PET
Legend
Legend

Re: Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Post by PET »

I drove to Mackro at 10.30 and returned home Hin Lek Fai at 1130 when the continuous rain stopped - my gauge showed only1mm so nothing much to compare to the 20mm on 17th and the others of 8mm, 9mm & 8mm on 16th, 23rd and 24th - so hardly the wettest day for a while ?
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I drove to Khao Tao and back this morning, which includes Soi 112. There was plenty of wet stuff as I drove both ways. Of course, I was at the Petchkasem end.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Just to be clear, my house is on Soi 1 off 112 and situated between Soi 114 and 116.

Not surprised it was raining on 112. I've been in Manee's bar stuck in the rain and even watched the floods appearing. But then, at my house maybe 2 kms away, there was no rain.

The same today. I've been up since 7 and apart from a grey sky, there's been no rain at all.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

HHTel wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:40 pm Just to be clear, my house is on Soi 1 off 112 and situated between Soi 114 and 116.
Do you mean the house underneath the giant umbrella?

Points 51; Position 21
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Yeh that's the one.

It does appear that my house is in a bubble most of the time. That bubble has broken several times over the last few weeks giving some torrential rain.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Rain last night in Hua Hin 40mm (1.5 inches)
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

PET wrote:Rain last night in Hua Hin 40mm (1.5 inches)
Yes 2 am this morning the rain, and the wind, woke me up. Absolutely lashing against my window.

October's low rainfall in Hua Hin(which was approx 40% below average up to & incl 29th) will get a significant boosting on the very last day. But I reckon will still be quite a bit below average and way way less than last October

And whilst it's nice now there could be more on the way today....

Did Soi 112 get rain overnight? Image

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

You'll all be pleased to know that at 2am I had thunder and lightning and torrential rain. The worst I've seen in a long while!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I have a strange story from last night's storm. It woke me up at 2am. Our dogs sleep outside (plenty of shelter), but knowing how they are terrified of the thunder, I was outside in my undies rounding them up, and getting them settled inside.

Dogs settled, I thought I'd take the opportunity to pee while I was up. I'm stood there peeing (in the toilet), and realised I was getting soaked. Initial reaction, check the ceiling - no problem. Checked the bathroom floor, and it was soaked, so I checked my aim, which was spot on. WTF?

Of course, still half asleep, the real problem wasn't registering. The rain was actually pouring in through the bathroom windows. We have quite a large roof overhang, and keep our bathroom windows open about 2". We also have mosquito nets. Never a problem in the previous 10 years, but the rain was gushing in through the smallest of gaps where the windows were open. I had to remove the mossie nets, and probably for the first time in 10 years, our bathroom windows were closed.

Points 51; Position 21
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Post by Ratsima »

The time lapse videos I make from my web cams in Cha Am are now on YouTube. Sometimes they work well, sometimes not:

Thai Weather Time Lapse
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Sat on my porch looking North. Plenty of lightning out there.
Cool.jpg
(188.91 KiB) Downloaded 448 times

Points 51; Position 21
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

There were some whopper storms here in the East today. Short, but armageddon type. Definitely seasonal changes in motion.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

According to ThaiMet....

The total rainfall *for Hua Hin* in Oct was 168 mm

Average monthly rainfall for Oct is 246mm less 168 = 78/246 =32% less than average

Interestingly the 168mm we got this October was a mere(pun intended) 40% of the rain we got in October of 2020(and that 2020 figure included 8 consecutive days of zero rain!)

However looking at Sept & Oct combined we should get 366mm and we got 353 so only 4% less than average.

In short, September was rather wet, October was quite dry, overall about average.

joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

thecolonel wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:30 pm According to ThaiMet....

The total rainfall *for Hua Hin* in Oct was 168 mm

Average monthly rainfall for Oct is 246mm less 168 = 78/246 =32% less than average

Interestingly the 168mm we got this October was a mere(pun intended) 40% of the rain we got in October of 2020(and that 2020 figure included 8 consecutive days of zero rain!)

However looking at Sept & Oct combined we should get 366mm and we got 353 so only 4% less than average.

In short, September was rather wet, October was quite dry, overall about average.

Thank you for the information, appreciated :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Jack Frost moving south..... :D

Temperatures forecast to drop in upper Thailand Nov 7-13

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... d-nov-7-13

Preceded by thundershowers with strong winds, temperatures in the upper part of Thailand are forecast to decrease by 3-7 °C between Nov 7-13, according to the 7-day weather forecast of the Thai Meteorological Department.

A strong high pressure area has prevailed over southern China and is expected to extend over Vietnam, upper Laos and the Northeast of Thailand from Sunday.

As a result, from Nov 7 to 13, thundershowers with strong winds are first forecast in upper Thailand. Temperatures will then decrease by 3-7 °C in the Northeast and 3-5 °C in the North, the Central area including Bangkok and its vicinity, and the Eastern region.

Meanwhile, the stronger northeast monsoon across the Gulf of Thailand and the South will bring more rain, with isolated heavy to very heavy rain in the South.

Stronger winds are forecast with 2-3 metres-high waves in the Gulf of Thailand -- over 3m high during thundershowers -- and 1-2m high in the Andaman Sea.

People in the South are advised to beware of possible flash floods and overflows. Residents along the shore of the Gulf of Thailand should watch for possible inshore surges. All vessels should proceed with caution and small boats in the Gulf area remain ashore.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source