Flying to/from Thailand (Covid Era)

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Flying into Thailand, latest updates

Post by handdrummer »

stretch wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:22 pm Come to Thailand for a holiday ever tried north korea easier and bars open.
Welcome to the Hotel North Korea,
You can check-in
but you can't check out.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

stretch wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:22 pm Come to Thailand for a holiday ever tried north korea easier and bars open.
I think it's fair to say that the vast majority of people who are prepared to jump through all these hoops to get to Thailand are people like myself with family, connections, property etc. and not traditional holiday makers.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Seen on a Facebook page
For those who want to apply for the Thailand Pass and encounter problems the following might work.
Here after the link :
https://tp.consular.go.th/
Using Firefox seems a better solution
1- after you insert your passport number press one time on the Spacebar (although some had to press 4 times for it to work)
2- after inserting your insurance number press one time on the Spacebar (might have to press 4 times)
Last edited by joelle on Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Unbelievable, Thai programmers strike again. Here's a bodge to make our shiny new app work :banghead: :banghead:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

In the meantime, people like myself will have to book a hotel in Bangkok which I’m planning to do today as well as arranging Covid insurance - when I looked yesterday it was still quoting the $100,000 requirement so will probably have to book that rather than wait and hope. Once I have these two sorted, I can then attempt to get the Thailand Pass to work!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don East Stand
Professional
Professional

Post by Don East Stand »

Hi Dannie,

Please forgive me, but I have been following your return plans with great interest, as my Farang wife is currently in Scotland and I would like to have her back sometime soon!

I found the following link which appears to cover the "new" requirement for 50000 USD of covid insurance .... https://asq.in.th/thailand-covid-insurance

I can't remember where but I'm sure I read that hotels in Hua Hin should be included in the 1 day waiting for clearance after co-vid test.

Anyway, good luck, hope all goes well for you!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Don East Stand wrote:Hi Dannie,

Please forgive me, but I have been following your return plans with great interest, as my Farang wife is currently in Scotland and I would like to have her back sometime soon!

I found the following link which appears to cover the "new" requirement for 50000 USD of covid insurance .... https://asq.in.th/thailand-covid-insurance

I can't remember where but I'm sure I read that hotels in Hua Hin should be included in the 1 day waiting for clearance after co-vid test.

Anyway, good luck, hope all goes well for you!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Unfortunately I’ve already bought and paid for $100,000 of cover!! Regarding hotels, although I read about hotels in HH being allowed, I’ve not seen it confirmed anywhere. I’ve made enquiries with one of the hotels in Bangkok ( Grande Centre Point Terminal 21) although haven’t as yet booked it.

My biggest concern is the RT PCR test before I fly - I’ve ordered a “Fit to fly PCR test” which I’m assured is accepted by the airlines, just a little bit concerned that PCR fit to fly and RT PCR are the same?

Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

It’s the RT (real time?) I usually get from Aberdeen and no issues travelling on it.
Just make sure your departure window is all in line. Some countries specify 72hrs before departure and others before arrival. I’m thinking more of your transit countries as Thailand seems to be 72hrs prior to departure.

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Ginjaninja wrote:It’s the RT (real time?) I usually get from Aberdeen and no issues travelling on it.
Just make sure your departure window is all in line. Some countries specify 72hrs before departure and others before arrival. I’m thinking more of your transit countries as Thailand seems to be 72hrs prior to departure.

Thanks - The Thai website says a maximum of 72 hours before departure so all should be good if I do the test after midday on Wednesday as I’m departing at 08.00 on Saturday morning

Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

I forgot about the hassle Mrs. GN had earlier this year flying back to BKK.
She got a RT-PCR the day before she flew but worked out more than 24hr before departure. We researched for transiting through Schipol and determined this test was not valid as you required a test <24hr.
AMS has always been a b*st*rd to transit through and I try to avoid it.
RT-PCR = £240
2nd test at airport = £55
The doctor I use in Aberdeen that does the RT-PCR (30-min results) just rents an office in a business park and seems to be a one-man show. He has a Porche 911 Turbo parked outside…
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Ginjaninja wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:53 pm I forgot about the hassle Mrs. GN had earlier this year flying back to BKK.
She got a RT-PCR the day before she flew but worked out more than 24hr before departure. We researched for transiting through Schipol and determined this test was not valid as you required a test <24hr.
AMS has always been a b*st*rd to transit through and I try to avoid it.
RT-PCR = £240
2nd test at airport = £55
The doctor I use in Aberdeen that does the RT-PCR (30-min results) just rents an office in a business park and seems to be a one-man show. He has a Porche 911 Turbo parked outside…
Is the Porche for a quick getaway?
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

handdrummer wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:18 pmIs the Porche for a quick getaway?
Don't think he's in a hurry to get away... he's making a killing!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

It appears that the new Thailand Pass is working well.

A friend of mine received his Thailand Pass last night. He arrives this coming Monday.

Applied on 1st, processed and received on the 3rd. Not bad!
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

So..The country has only been opened up for a coupla days now, but what I am seeing on various sites are the growing reports of the PCR tests taken once you arrive at your AQ/SHA hotel taking well over 24 hrs for a result to come back..! So wait a mo..1 guy had his test taken at 7.30 am, by hospital staff at his hotel, and was told his results SHOULD be back by noon the next day..fuggin NOON!
So if I've booked 1 night, & the deal includes 1 meal, but I'm there for 29 hours before I know what's happening..? Things are going off-centre already I think..?
Now this is at a time when the hospitals/test labs are not exactly overrun with tourist based tests..
..How long is it gonna take by mid Dec say..?
Are we looking at the hotel spinnng things out for extra night's revenue?
Is the whole '1 nights quarantine' all bull..? (is it gonna be 1 night, but a day either side of that 'night'..?
I know it's early days, but has any forum members on here returned this week..?
What was the story..? Are we to assume we are all gonna have to pay for TWO nights NOT one..?
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

HHTel wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:17 am It appears that the new Thailand Pass is working well.

A friend of mine received his Thailand Pass last night. He arrives this coming Monday.

Applied on 1st, processed and received on the 3rd. Not bad!
I attempted to submit my details yesterday, when I say attempted I did in fact submit my application but I’m not confident it will be accepted. When you are requested to upload the various documents, it will only accept jpeg format and will not accept a pdf file. Both my Hotel Booking and COVID Insurance certificate were pdf format. I tried to convert them to jpeg but could only manage to do it a single page at a time and the system will only allow you to submit one file, (not 5 for the COVID insurance certificate). The best I could manage was to photograph the first two important pages that contained all the important details and save them as a single file and upload them. The hotel booking was only two pages so I managed to capture both pages onto a single jpeg image. I now have to wait to see if my application will be accepted, which is making me somewhat anxious to say the least.