Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Post by Dannie Boy »

Let’s not forget that we’re living in Thailand where the speciality (surprise surprise) is Thai food. Even in the UK, Indian restaurants vary in terms of quality and I can say unequivocally that I’ve had much better Indian food at Shiva restaurant than I’ve had at many a UK restaurant - true I’ve also had better, but it’s not bad (IMO).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gabe H Coud

Post by Gabe H Coud »

for someone living in the City which is the best Indian take away ....Everest on Poonsuk? walked past it but never been in. Or that one on soi 61 down to the beach? Whats a typical main dish cost to take away? 200?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Shiva has been taking an extended Covid break. I'd heard they were re-opening on 1st Sept, so we thought we'd give it a go this evening. I was surprised how busy it was during the current pandemic climate. Food was just as good as always. A bit of old Normal has returned to Hua Hin.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

Anyone know if Take 5 has reopened or will in the future ?
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

Scout wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:25 pm Anyone know if Take 5 has reopened or will in the future ?
I believe the owner, Sam, has moved all staff over to run Surf & Sand, and concentrate on his golf events. There is an Indian food buffet at the end of day. If you’re craving Take 5 Indian foods, that might suffice for now. I think the next one is September 17th.
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

Jack_Batty wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:56 am
Scout wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:25 pm Anyone know if Take 5 has reopened or will in the future ?
I believe the owner, Sam, has moved all staff over to run Surf & Sand, and concentrate on his golf events. There is an Indian food buffet at the end of day. If you’re craving Take 5 Indian foods, that might suffice for now. I think the next one is September 17th.
UPDATE: my girlfriend is having lunch at Surf & Sand right now and just texted me the photos of the menu. Looks like the full Indian menu from Take 5.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Where is Take 5 - does not have an Indian name?
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

Take 5 is in Khao Takiab, West side of the road, near the Amari I think. It’s been closed since the Covid shutdown, I don’t believe it’s reopened since the shutdown was lifted. I’d like to know where Surf & Sand is so I can go check it out.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

About a mile further South on the left. Used to be an old surf board at the entrance - don't know if it's still there.

Points 51; Position 21
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

Big Boy wrote:About a mile further South on the left. Used to be an old surf board at the entrance - don't know if it's still there.
Close. Very close. 1.3 km and it’s actually on the right. I’ve confirmed same menu from Take 5 and same cooks. Enjoy. Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

Dont know if reported before but S and S from Soi 94 has moved to opposite Bangkok Hospital. Interesting that Morning Bread next door is up for sale, and some other shops along that road also appear to either be closed or closing.

Have no idea why they would move to opposite BK hospital. It is next to a 7/11 and there is only space for 6-7 cars in black parking areas on petchkasem road for those 2 and at least one more shop. There is no parking down the side road .

There used to be a Thai place there before (think it was Thai, but it also did Pizza and other stuff and had live music). It was also quiet, even in high season, due to lack of parking and not a lot of walk past traffic. I predicted it would close due to lack of parking.#

Food was good, but on saturday night there were only 4 tables occupied (1 single - in and out in about 30 minutes, 2 * 2, and us a 3 ball).
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I actually went to that original place opposite Bangkok Hospital once (there is a report here somewhere). When we got there it was empty, but we were told most tables were not available. We sat down and ordered - the waiter was a miserable git, but food was very good. Just after we were served, I think every Indian who lived in Hua Hin walked through the door. It was clearly the place that the Indians of Hua Hin ate. I always promised myself another visit, but it was demolished/rebuilt before I got around to it.

Points 51; Position 21
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Hua Hin Restaurant News

Post by Dannie Boy »

GroveHillWanderer wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:17 pm Kwality Indian Restaurant has moved from its old location off Soi 94 to Soi 102, diagonally opposite Euro Deli.

I hadn't eaten at the old one before but we ate at the new one the other night and I found it to be very good. The owner also told us he has dropped his prices since moving to the new location.
Have you eaten at Shiva and if so how would you compare the food (Shiva has a nice setting)?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I have eaten at both restaurants, and the food was excellent at both. However, the ambience at Shiva wins every time.

Points 51; Position 21
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:02 pm I have eaten at both restaurants, and the food was excellent at both. However, the ambience at Shiva wins every time.
The price difference is huge.