Khao Tao Lake

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
Big Boy

Re: Khao Tao Lake

Post by Big Boy »

Having watched all of the building debris disposed of in the lake, I'd guess far too many snags for a fish to get caught on. However, don't forget, there is a virtual bridge that goes around 70% of the lake. That is where many locals fish for smaller fish. Also a refuge for the Monitor Lizards.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

If you hook one of those monitor lizards I guess the wise move is just to abandon all your gear as you'll never haul it in. If you did manage it, what would you do with it?! :shock: :laugh:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Avoid its tail :laugh:

Of course, there must be a chance - hook a small fish, small fish gives out distress signals and lizard thinks lunchtime. It used to happen all of the time when deep sea fishing. Fish gives out distress signals, shark thinks lunchtime.

I've never known anybody hook a Monitor though.

Points 51; Position 21
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

^Some of those monitors in that lake are huge. I was once cycling on the small road behind it when we had to stop to allow one to cross the path. I remember saying to my friend that it was the first time I'd had to stop cycling for a dinosaur!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Oh yes, although I haven't seen one of the really big ones for over a year now.

Points 51; Position 21
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

We drove past the building in the lake yesterday and couldnt help but notice all the land that has been levelled next to it, and wondered if there was some connection. So my other half decided to make some enquiries. Don't ask me who she spoke with, but the building in the lake is going to be a museum. The flattened land next to it is not connected. Couldn't help but notice another development taking place lakeside on the way to sai noi beach.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, I mentioned the land beside the lake a couple of weeks ago. I think that will most likely be a car park. If not, whatever the carbuncle is, there will be very limited parking. I also get the impression (at least I did when they first started) they will be putting a bridge from the car park to the walkway around the lake, offering proper wheelchair access.

There are 2 other developments taking place. One on the South Bank, which started about the same time as the carbuncle (and is where I always thought a museum was more likely). The signage says XXXXX Homes, but the buildings do not look like homes. There is an awful lot of glass in the walls, and if homes, a curtain company is going to make a killing. There is also quite a large children's playground that has been build lakeside there. This really looks more like a public/visitor type of place.

The 3rd development is on the West Bank. That development has been going on about a year, and started with demolition of a previous failed development, which was an extension to a hotel/resort type building that is still there. The new development is similar to a fairly large development across the road, which is houses. A very strange box shaped type development, but I presume you are buying the location, not the architecture. Having said that, in the time I've been a regular at the lake, they've built (are still building) a load of lakeside condos, but I'd estimate 90% have never sold. In fact the latest condo being built, adjacent to what I think is a car park, used to be my turning point (all fenced off now). You have to wonder who is is going to buy all of this development.

Points 51; Position 21
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Whilst there today, I took a snap of the South shore development. You can see the kiddies playground, and if you look closely at the building in view, you will notice the massive 'shop front style' windows instead of traditional walls.

South.jpg

I also snapped the very square buildings being constructed along the West Bank.

square.jpg

Points 51; Position 21