Euros 2024

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Re: Euros 2024

Post by Lost »

Lost wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:57 pm U21s final just starting on channel 4. Not won it for 50 years or something. Gonna have to be pissing switching between channels again when Boulters match starts.
Drama at the end. 95th minute penalty for Spain. Saved! England are champions. A good omen for next year's tournament? :D
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Lost wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:05 am
Lost wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:57 pm U21s final just starting on channel 4. Not won it for 50 years or something. Gonna have to be pissing switching between channels again when Boulters match starts.
Drama at the end. 95th minute penalty for Spain. Saved! England are champions. A good omen for next year's tournament? :D
And you didn’t miss Boulter!!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It's home :dance:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Yes, it was a tough old game. We started well, but then Spain came back into it, but never really threatened until the 2nd half. We had enough chances to have won without needing to rely on the heroics of the keeper. I thought Colwill the MOTM, despite unluckily conceding the penalty. He looks a star in the making.

How dod you guy's watch it? I use UEFA TV, which is free.
Talk is cheap
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I thought the game was largely lacking quality and it didn’t help that the crowd was very quiet - it reminded me of watching football during the days of Covid!!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

caller wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:23 am How dod you guy's watch it? I use UEFA TV, which is free.
I'd already had my fill of footie at True Arena yesterday, so didn't bother. However, I'm fairly sure it would have been on Bein.

More interestingly, I've heard UEFA TV is free before, but whenever I've tried to use it, I've been told not available on the free service. How do you get it to play live footie for free please?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:43 am
caller wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:23 am How dod you guy's watch it? I use UEFA TV, which is free.
I'd already had my fill of footie at True Arena yesterday, so didn't bother. However, I'm fairly sure it would have been on Bein.

More interestingly, I've heard UEFA TV is free before, but whenever I've tried to use it, I've been told not available on the free service. How do you get it to play live footie for free please?
The game was supposed to be on UK Channel 4 and Bein English 2, but I was too tired.

That's because I was on Bloody Marys instead of the usual Chang after the sun was over the yardarm, as I've totally crocked my knee ligament on the crosstrainer and wanted to cut down on bathroom breaks....

Upside is that I see it as a meal replacement. :)
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:43 am More interestingly, I've heard UEFA TV is free before, but whenever I've tried to use it, I've been told not available on the free service. How do you get it to play live footie for free please?
When I first started using it, I just used it on my phone by downloading the app, which has auto VPN set for when needed, basically to watch highlights of the various EUFA comps, England games against Malta and the like. But yesterday, when I tried to access the website via my laptop, access was refused. Checked my VPN, which I was connected to, so switched that off, tried UEFA TV again, and I was allowed in. So none the wiser really!

Edit - just checked it again. Still works this morning. Do you have an account, I was able to set one up via the phone app.
Talk is cheap
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:35 am It's home :dance:
Well, if you say it often enough..... :D :wink:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:43 am More interestingly, I've heard UEFA TV is free before, but whenever I've tried to use it, I've been told not available on the free service. How do you get it to play live footie for free please?
I've always just used the app - either on my tablet or (more usually) on my MiBox 4 (Android TV OS). It's nearly always worked just fine, except for one time a few weeks ago where it just wouldn't let me watch anything until I uninstalled and re-installed it.

I hadn't thought about it but as alluded to by @caller, I've always used it without a VPN. In fact it you have a VPN set to the UK, that might actually stop it working if as in this instance, the game is on a UK TV channel (due to geographical coverage rights issues).
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

So back in action today. Maguire and Henderson start, because... of course. Maddison also getting a start though which is nice. A contender for best player in the prem so far. On FPL points he's one of FIVE Tottenham players making up the highest scoring starting 11. Can't see that stat lasting long but I'll take it. :D

The game's on channel 4 in an hour.

:cheers:
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Harry has to drop deep, behind no less than SIX England players, to create a goal. Such is the horror of Southgateball.

The players at his disposal... :banghead:

Ugh. He's Mourinho/Conte if they had a learning disability. Defensive minded but sticks Maguire at the back and Hendo to shield. We'll probably win this 3 or 4 one, as we should, but we're winning nothing at the Euros. Imagine picking 33 year old Henderson over Foden.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Has Henderson ever had a good game for England? I've not seen it.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

^^Can't argue with that. I'm not a huge fan of Rice either, but the 2 of them together...
It was so pedestrian by England in the 1st half, they looked like they were having a kickabout in the park. The only decent ball into the box was by Kane, who had got so fed up with waiting for someone to cross it to him that he dropped back and showed them how to do it.
The 2nd half isn't looking great so far either...
This is the way
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Going from Angeball to this is depressing.