New Police Order for Visa Extensions

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Re: New Police Order for Visa Extensions

Post by T.O.M. »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:03 pm
RCer wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:40 pm For a retirement visa, where could the money possibly come from, if not from abroad?
Probably exactly the same places the 800,000 Baht show money for a retirement extension can come from.

Yes, mine will be transferred as part of my pension, but I've never known Immigration ask where my money has come from previously.
You are a true expert in splitting hairs....just for the sake of it.

Immigration has not asked you before, because you have been using the embassy letter confirming your income (in the UK). Now without the embassy letter, and using the income route, of course you have to prove that the money comes from overseas....which makes perfect sense.
If you think that people using the 800k savings method are favored over you...join them.
And the 800k (or more) in a savings account here is not "show money"....but money for a rainy day. Which all old timers living uninsured in a foreign country should have.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

If an applicant can't show that their is money coming from abroad, Imm might well assume that it's earned here in Thailand, therefore you're working. "Where's the Work Permit? And on a retirement extension."

I don't think it's got anything to do with "re-cycling" income. That wonderful gambit was proposed by members of "The Other Forum" straight after the new Police Order was announced. If anyone thinks that Imm won't ask questions if they see a bank book with 65K or whatever in and then out and then in, ad infinitum, well those people are on a wing and a prayer.

Potentially, just like those on the 800K savings. If the same money is used every year, then Imm may well start asking questions about what you're living on. There's nothing wrong in having two accounts, one with the required savings and the other showing activity on and therefore living off.

Nothing about self-insuring although that beast has raised its head on a number of occasions. It's about working illegally.

And my Kasikorn bank book does not show any code other than TRN. My internet statements categorically show the transfers as domestic which they are from BKK to HH. The paper trail, Imm wise, comes from BKK Head Office. Their Credit Advice Statements will show that the monies I bring in every month have originated from abroad.

Maybe Imm won't be bothered about anything except to see the magic figure deposited every month, but their main concern has always been about working here illegally.

I don't know how Transferwise works but if it's the same as from my UK Barclays account, monies will go through Kasikorn HO in BKK before coming to HH. The paper chase, if necessary, will therefore begin there.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm not trying to split hairs, but maybe I'm guilty of doing what I'm desperately trying not to do. I'm partially listening to all of those bar room lawyers/doom mongers who keep presenting their version of the facts based on pure assumption rather than using information officially offered (which is sparse).

Of course my money comes from abroad. However, I keep reading reading that Immigration aren't interested in using information that originates from outside of Thailand. Therefore they aren't going to check the source. I would imagine such a scenario is a money launderer's dream, which is a major taboo in many other scenarios.

The official notification says we will need a letter from our bank instead of our Embassy if we originate from certain countries, which I'm sure will be at a very advantageous cost to the banks. I don't know what this letter will say, but our futures in Thailand are now in the hands of the bank's counter clerks (the same people who have been allegedly scamming us in another thread). What checks will they actually do? Will they have the resource to check the origin of every Expat's money? Will they have the authority to delve deep if there is any doubt? When the magic day comes I will walk into my bank to request/buy my letter. I will know I'm genuine, but only then will I know the actual truth.

I could go on, but this is currently a silly discussion because so people are talking with authority about things they are guessing about. I don't know what will happen, and neither does anybody else. Of course we have a good idea, but not one of us has the facts to be 100% certain.

Let's just do what we think is right in preparation and see what happens. Some of us might have some hard lessons to learn/shocks, but we'll all learn very quickly, and there are short term measures available to smooth the cracks should any of us get it wrong.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

T.O.M. wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:07 am You are a true expert in splitting hairs....just for the sake of it.
Your arrogance, aggression and contempt towards other members (and moderators) of this forum has not gone unnoticed. The level of animosity has increased on here over the last few months and we put it down to a handful of members who seem to revel in an argument for the sake of it, you being the stand out one at the moment. HHF is not the place for it, we are a friendly local forum where expats and tourists can come for advice and light banter. They do not expect to receive such arrogance in return and will be put off posting because of a few 'bad apples'. Any further displays of aggression, stalking, or baiting for arguments will be deleted, as will any arguments with this statement. If you are unhappy with this decision it could be time to seek out another forum that suits your personality.
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

T.O.M. wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:53 pm Rental properties...No Either in your Thai wife's name=her income or company name =company's income.
Foreigners can own condos and at least according to what I've read, they can rent them out as well - though there are some issues surrounding rental period, income tax, having to use a local representative to collect rents, do repairs etc. I can't confirm this from personal experience but it sounds possible.
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

T.O.M. wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:38 pmTry to think.
The new bank letter is replacing the income statement from the embassy, which confirmed income abroad. So of course the money has to come from overseas, even if the police order doesn't spell it out.
If not you could use the same 65k over and over again, ...if deposits from within Thailand were accepted....Deposit 65k, withdraw 65k and one month later deposit them again. Rinse and repeat.
I'm thinking that you could get 65K from your home country deposited to your Thai bank account. Transfer the money to another Thai bank account. Then transfer the money back to your home country. Using the same 65K every month. Rinse and repeat... :wink:

Of course there would be some fees involved but in some cases it might be worth the fees.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Ralfredo wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:14 pm Using the same 65K every month. Rinse and repeat... :wink:
Ahhh, so that's what money laundering means! :laugh:
This is the way
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

8) 8) 8)
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (14.07 KiB) Viewed 527 times
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Apart of income coming from abroad, if not enough, can be compensate with local income as rental, fix deposit or bond placements.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Just read a post on another forum where a Norwegian was turned down using the bank letter and proof of 65K deposited in his Thai bank account over the last 12 months. He was given the reason that Norway are still issuing income letters and he must obtain a letter from his embassy.

So at least one office interprets the amended rules as only applying to the 4 embassies who are not issuing letters.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

HaHa, unbelievable, but I guess TIT.

Points 51; Position 21
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Just read a new order on another site. As of 1 Mar 2019, you must have 800k in your account 3 months after the retirement visa was extended.

It stated the intent was to put visa brokers out of business.

65k monthly income is still okay.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you RCer, it's on this site also viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37817

Points 51; Position 21
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

For those who use KBank, I was in there earlier and asked about proving that my monthly transfers from the UK could be shown as originating from there for the purposes of retirement extensions.
On the passbook, the transfer to HH is shown as a domestic one as it comes from BKK.
So, over a very lengthy telephone conversation with HO in BKK, I've ordered the past 3 months credit advices. There still seemed to be some confusion from the bank's end about why I wanted these things. I explained as best I could.
The problem appears to be that my money comes from my UK bank to a correspondent bank who convert the GBP into THB. The young lad in BKK wasn't even sure which third bank gets involved.
I'm hoping to get the credit things by email today or very soon and hopefully they'll show that the funds originated from abroad.
As a final point, KBank will supply the past 3 months of these credit statements FOC but charge 500 THB per statement if going back longer than that. So, I can see that I might have to go to KBank every 3 months to get them. Brilliant.
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

Last month I took my bank book into immigration at Blueport, showed them that I’d been transferring in 65000 baht per month for some time now and asked if this would be sufficient proof of income when I need to renew my retirement visa in 11 months. The lady spoke excellent English and informed me the bank book would NOT be of use in proving income. She informed me I needed a notarized letter from my pension company that confirmed the pension company was transferring 65000 baht monthly TO A THAI BANK.