Vaccines - Covid 19

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.

Full time or part time foreign residents of Thailand which vaccine(s) have you or will you receive?

______First__________________
No votes
AstraZeneca
15%
Johnson & Johnson
1%
Moderna
1%
Pfizer
18%
Sinopharm
1%
Sinovac
14%
Other
No votes
______Second________________
No votes
AstraZeneca
25%
Moderna
3%
Pfizer
20%
Sinopharm
1%
Sinovac
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 79

hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Vaccines - Covid 19

Post by hhinner »

^^ HHH FB page notes that registration for under-12s will start in February.

If it's the same as it was for 12 - 17 year-olds it will be mostly handled by schools but registration will be available for those outside the formal education system (eg home schooling).
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:46 pm It depends on the vaccines you've received at stages 1 and 2
Thank you for replying. I got both shots with Pfizer at Bangkok Hua Hin hospital so I guess its 6 months to booster from last initial shot!
hahuahin
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Hahuahin wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:58 pm
Big Boy wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:46 pm It depends on the vaccines you've received at stages 1 and 2
Thank you for replying. I got both shots with Pfizer at Bangkok Hua Hin hospital so I guess its 6 months to booster from last initial shot!
hahuahin
The FDA (Food and Drug Administration) shortened the interval between the second Pfizer dose and booster to five months

Saw the above on the following link, it's dated January 7, 2022

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... ion%20says.
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

Okay, thanks :)
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

HHH Facebook page facebook.com/pagehuahinhospital has posted that anyone not yet vaccinated or hasn't completed a 2 dose course of vaccination (maybe because of becoming infected previously) can turn up on any day at Bluport when AZ is being administered.
Kerry
Novice
Novice

Any idea when I will get my Moderna Injection?

Post by Kerry »

Last August I prepaid for Moderna injections for myself and my family members to be carried out at Bangkok Hospital. On 26 Aug I received an email from Google Forms showing that everything was correct, but I have not heard a word since then.
Does anybody have any suggestions about what I should do to escalate this?
:cheers:
joelle
Legend
Legend

Re: Any idea when I will get my Moderna Injection?

Post by joelle »

Kerry wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:22 pm Last August I prepaid for Moderna injections for myself and my family members to be carried out at Bangkok Hospital. On 26 Aug I received an email from Google Forms showing that everything was correct, but I have not heard a word since then.
Does anybody have any suggestions about what I should do to escalate this?
contact Bangkok Hospital ?
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Anybody still unvaccinated? Want 2 x Pfizer? Over 60 years old?

Register here for shots on 14th February:

https://forms.gle/1HsddGLXwcRxoBc89

https://facebook.com/pagehuahinhospital

hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

hhinner wrote:Anybody still unvaccinated? Want 2 x Pfizer? Over 60 years old?

Register here for shots on 14th February:

https://forms.gle/1HsddGLXwcRxoBc89

https://facebook.com/pagehuahinhospital
And not previously Covid +ve.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Walk-in 1st shots

14, 15, 18 February,

Bluport

9am - 2pm

Choice of AZ/Pfizer/SV/SP

https://facebook.com/pagehuahinhospital/

Also available: vaccination after previous COVID infection.

hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

First shots also available on 17th. See booster thread.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Walk-in, first shots available on 21-23 February. See booster thread.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

To follow on to the comment in the other thread about the high number of positive ATK tests here, there are articles on-line that the Sino vaccines are next to worthless against Omicron. However, with an mRNA booster they seem to come to life again and offer some protection.

People here who have relied only on the Sino mix with no mRNA booster may be in trouble, especially the elderly and infirm. I don't know how an Astra booster or initial shots plays out concerning Omicron, I've read nothing about it.

China is in the same boat in a huge way, with basically none of their population having any significant protection against Omicron. This seems to be confirmed in the Press by the large number of positive case now in China, and their scramble to produce their own mRNA vaccine.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I'm not certain this article is about the original Astra vaccine, or a newly developed vaccine.

AstraZeneca treatment effective against Omicron COVID-19 variant

https://www.upi.com/Health_News/2022/03 ... 647878884/

March 21 (UPI) -- AstraZeneca's COVID-19 antibody combination Evusheld is effective against the highly contagious Omicron BA.1 and BA.1.1 variants of COVID-19, the company said Monday.

Preclinical authentic live virus data from the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis demonstrated AstraZeneca's Evusheld drug also remains effective against the more recent BA.2 subvariant, the British-Swedish multinational pharmaceutical company said in a news release.

The drug is a combination of two long-acting antibodies derived from B-cells donated by patients recovering from COVID-19.

"These important data show that Evusheld reduced viral burden and limited inflammation caused by Omicron," AstraZeneca Vice President John Perez in a statement. "The findings further support Evusheld as a potential important option to help protect vulnerable patients such as the immunocompromised who could face poor outcomes if they were to become infected with COVID-19."

The study conducted on mice demonstrated Evusheld significantly reduced the viral burden and limited inflammation in the lungs for all three sub-variants, the company said.

"These new in vivo mouse model data confirm previous in vitro neutralization activity results for Evusheld against Omicron," Michael Diamond, a professor of microbiology, pathology and immunology at Washington University, said in the statement. "The findings demonstrate that Evusheld was effective at protecting against infection in the lungs, a critical disease site for severe COVID-19, across all Omicron subvariants tested."

In December, Evusheld was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for Emergency Use Authorization in the United States.

In February, the FDA revised the emergency use authorization for Evusheld, changing its initial dose for the authorized use as a prevention against COVID-19 in certain cases.

Evusheld is also approved as a treatment for COVID-19 in several other countries.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Looks pretty clear to me that it’s a new vaccine (Evusheld) that’s been recently approved specifically to deal with the Omicron variant of Covid.