I Know The Score 06/07

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

What a day yesterday was. Thought I'd really blown it - and did, but it wasn't quite so bad when seen in the light of everyone else. No banker bonuses for anyone any more.
Must have been across the board, as we only slipped a few places in the league-of-leagues.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I don't know if you saw any of yesterdays games in town? But it was frustrating to see the Arse miss an open goal - twice - in the last minutes, Charlton to head against the bar and watch Pompey destroyed by the might Watford!!!

I dreaded checking out the scores but it seems that just aboout everyone has suffered.

Maybe next year they should exclude the big 4, as its a lot harder without them.
Talk is cheap
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Anything could happen in the next half hour

What a game Man U last night. 7-1.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

JimmyGreaves wrote:Anything could happen in the next half hour

Anything could happen in the next half hour - huh???

The Mancs were great, Chelsea did pretty well too.
Talk is cheap
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

caller wrote:
JimmyGreaves wrote:Anything could happen in the next half hour

Anything could happen in the next half hour - huh???

The Mancs were great, Chelsea did pretty well too.
Maybe your too young caller. The aquatic adventure, Stingray,has the privilege of being the first ever British series to be shot in colour Anything could happen in the next half hour was a cult saying from the show meaning; 'Who knows what's coming next with IKTS?'
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I remember back around world cup time, no one had many nice things to say about this Peter Crouch fella. Since then he's been in the news often and scoring often.

There is a pic of him in the Bangkok Post today, walking next to four of his teammates and he must be pushing 7' in height? The first thing that comes to mind is how fragile those skinny legs must be. Has he had a lot of injury problems in that regard? They make a good target. Pete :cheers:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I've just seen the scores!

Seems like we're getting close to Ferguson's famous "squeeky bum" time!! :duck:

We're 7th highest out of over a 1000 leagues - will we make the Hua Hin news? :D
Talk is cheap
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

You're only waxing lyrical because you see yourself on the top again!!!
Mid season, I seem to remember excuses like "my wife came here and I forgot to do the scores". He he.
As for the leagues, that's all I'm interested in now. I'll contribute as much as I can - the HHAD league is gonna get interesting now.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Ooooooooooooooooooh Lomu, that hurt!!!! :cry:

Jockey's the man on the roll, I just clung on, was amazed to see that rescued me.

But as a man of honour, I will fully admit and swear on oath that my wife arriving here in the UK a few months ago, without any shadow of a doubt, completely distracted me from the task at hand (no pun intended here, y'know) and affected my ability to score!!!! :D

Now that things have settled down, and indeed, the missus is back in the land of LOS for several more weeks :cry: I can honestly say, I am now able to wholely devote my time time to IKTS (and work :tsk: ), which has seen a corresponding improvement in my form.

Of course, the fact it will all go pear shaped this Saturday is down to the pressure caused by the hole above the ice pack impacting on the ozone layer and causing unseasonaly hot weather for April, thererby melting the grey matters ability to think in a lucid matter.

After that, I have to work in the north for a week. So a weeks worth of crap, frothy, bottom pulled beer with a resultant increase in nitrates coupled with the effect of a free full English for a few days to further fur the brain will inevitably impact on my lucidity - in other words, I'm on the piss for a few days and somone else is picking up the tab!!!!
:D

So thats my excuse if my form suffers in the last few weeks.
Talk is cheap
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

You're lucky.
I'm only drinking water and trying to be sensible. Mind you my predictions for Sat/Sun are a recipe for disaster. I look forward to next season - -because that's the best I can do.
Led Zep rule.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Come on guys, we don't want that chelsea lot winning!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Now then James - do calm down!

Nice article in the May edition of the Chelsea magazine about your doppleganger - say's he'd have played for Chelsea for free! He loved his time there.

Maybe your avatar should show him in the Royal blue of the Champions? :mrgreen:
Talk is cheap
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

You'll have to read his book caller it says he's Tottenham through and through and was so so happy to leave the toffs running chelsea at the time.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

JimmyGreaves wrote:You'll have to read his book caller it says he's Tottenham through and through and was so so happy to leave the toffs running chelsea at the time.
That's interesting, maybe he just say's what he thinks people want to hear? He was at a Chelsea "do" recently with players of various generations. What can't be argued is that he was a great player at Chelsea.

Talking of Chelsea, or rather Manuare! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I watched them draw with Boro, knowing I had just lost my banker - again. :thumb:
Talk is cheap
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Squeeky bum time indeed!

Buksi and I lose our bankers, Bamboo Grove and Jockey retain their's and Wanderlust is on a roll!

Being a Chelsea fan, I'm glad the Mancs blew it even though I had them as my banker, changed from the Liverpool game :( , boy did I get that wrong!

Didn't know how the scousers would be, before playing Chelsea and facing a "derby", and whilst Boro's form at Old Trafford is good, the turds have just been playing too well - until today.

And as a league, we're up to 6th.

Lets hope we all do well tomorrow and me better than those just behind me - they have the advantage now.

:cheers:
Talk is cheap