Euro 2020

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Re: Euro 2020

Post by Lost »

One thing you can count on with the English fans is they'll always be humble, respectful and well behaved.

Screenshot_20210711_160509.jpg
(152.06 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Lost wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:12 pm One thing you can count on with the English fans is they'll always be humble, respectful and well behaved.
Sorry blue, a huge night (well day) for you all, but far, far too many @rseholes. I can see London and elsewhere being trashed regardless of the result..... It's the norm :roll:

It should be a huge celebration in all great fun regardless of the result - unfortunately, you just know that's not going to happen.

Personally, I'll be supporting the Lillywhites - but not so much the Muppets who class themselves as supporters.

Our other Home Nations failed - come on England (Christ a dentist is needed for these gritted teeth)!! :wink:

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

^^^

Not restricted to football fans alone. 'Tis just the same for English tourists. We're infamous around the world for being total bellends. :D
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Lost wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:14 pm We're infamous around the world for being total bellends. :D

Yep, and feck all to be proud of..... But that's something different.

I honestly do hope the best for England - I do also however suspect I shall not be purchasing newspapers or watching TV for the foreseeable future.... FFS - I'd had enough of England winning by 7am :wink: :D
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

I see Southgate has reverted to a back 3 (back 5 really) with Saka on the bench. Not the formation that was getting the best out of Kane, previously. Hope he's not feeding off scraps again.

Nearly down to an hour to kick off. God, I hope things go our way. 😬😬😬
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Believe
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Lost wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:54 amNot the formation that was getting the best out of Kane, previously. Hope he's not feeding off scraps again.
Oh come on..... Not getting them in too early are you?
Big Boy wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:55 amBelieve
There'll certainly be tears tonight - Even as a Rugby supporting Welshman, I actually hope they're Italian tears. :thumb:
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

We can't get hold of the ball. 70%+ possession for the Italians that half. Fortunate to get to extra time. :cry:

Come on lads. Still in it!!!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

5 sets of fresh legs should do it.

Points 51; Position 21
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Fck sake. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Oh Flump!!!

Goodnight

Points 51; Position 21
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Rather than home, it's going to Rome then.....

Very harsh to lose on penalties, but there was a tad cocky penalty taker that missed........

I actually thought the keeper couldn't move before the penalty taker moved and also the penalty taker couldn't "dummy" or pause/stop his run - what's happened there then?

Anyway, good run for England and as has been said, a young side - I'm sure there's more to come! :thumb:
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Southgate has a lot of credit in the bank, but he's too cautious for my liking. I'd rather see England going for a second, then losing 2-1 when going for it than sitting back and surviving until extra time.

Poor use of subs today. Henderson was useless, Grealish should have come on after 60 minutes. And bringing Rashford and Sancho on just for the penalties worked a treat, didn't it...? :roll: :(

I don't blame Sancho, that was a decent save, but what was Rashford playing at? Pick a spot, run up, kick it as hard as you can!!! FFS!! :banghead: :banghead:
This is the way
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Well, there was this "wanna-be rugby player (Welsh?)" who fooled the security boys for a long time. Entertaining twas.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

pharvey wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:04 am
Very harsh to lose on penalties, but there was a tad cocky penalty taker that missed........

I actually thought the keeper couldn't move before the penalty taker moved and also the penalty taker couldn't "dummy" or pause/stop his run - what's happened there then?
Huh? Not sure which penalty you're referring too but a lot of penalty takers now slow/stop their run up (ah...probably Rashford) to wait for the keeper to make the first move. Nothing 'cocky' about it. Jorginho on the Italian team will do a little stop and hop before the kick. Usually works for him.

Absolutely gutted. But... that's football. I'm more gutted for young Saka. Didn't deserve to finish his tournament like that. He was devastated, poor lad.

Ultimately, Southgate, after such a successful tournament in his decision making, got the final crucial ones wrong. Late bringing on subs to influence the game. After 2hrs of high pressure football, to bring on 2 lads in the final minutes to step up for penalties was a risky decision that backfired.

The last few years, I can never quite get over the line with football. Had a champions league final. A World Cup semi final. And now a Euros final. Been spoilt really. Just want a bloody trophy now though. :D

We go again. :laugh:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: