Getting a Green Card covid vaccine certificate

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Re: Getting a Green Card covid vaccine certificate

Post by joelle »

lomuamart wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:03 am So, to get the vaccination certificate/passport, I just need to bowl up at HHH enquiry desk at the main entrance with my original appointment card that shows I got both jabs and make a request. Is that correct?

As things start to open up here, the chances of my making a visit to the UK are growing. I'm not worried about the hospital paperwork for entry to the UK (10 days self-isolation here I come) but I want to make my life easier when I return so I don't get hit with quarantine as I'm fully jabbed up.

I appreciate that Thailand's entry requirements are in a state of flux at the moment so I'm not rushing off to book flights quite yet but I'm sure that the certificate/passport will make life more simple.

Thanks for any help.
you need a copy of your passport (also original to show) and a copy of your vaccination document with the QR code.
At Hua Hin hospital :
- going in through the main entrance
- on the right there is the information desk
- show copies and passport to the young person who speaks good English
- following this, you'll need to go to the cashier on the left, counter n° 7, handing over copies and 50 baht for which you get a receipt
- back to information desk, signing copy of passport and writing a phone number where you can be reached
- give everything to the lady
- she will return the receipt (which needs to be shown when picking up the certificate)
- she will phone in 4 weeks time to tell you that the certificate is ready to be picked up
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

buksida wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:59 pm I think you need the vaccine certificate before you can apply for the passport - that was certainly the case when I did it.
No, if that was the case, nobody in Hua Hin would get a vaccine passport. HHH don't routinely issue vaccine certificates.

You are right Lomu, to get your passport, go to the Information Desk just inside the main entrance with a photocopy of your passport and a photocopy of your original appointment card. It will cost 50฿ and I think there will be a couple of weeks wait (mine was 3 weeks).

When it comes, it will be attached to a couple of vaccine certificates, which they won't hand over, but I asked nicely, and they printed one off in a few seconds.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
buksida

Post by buksida »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:16 pm No, if that was the case, nobody in Hua Hin would get a vaccine passport. HHH don't routinely issue vaccine certificates.
So how do you prove you've been vaccinated? In Prachuab anyway, you cant apply for the passport without a copy of the certificate.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

buksida wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:17 pm
Big Boy wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:16 pm No, if that was the case, nobody in Hua Hin would get a vaccine passport. HHH don't routinely issue vaccine certificates.
So how do you prove you've been vaccinated? In Prachuab anyway, you cant apply for the passport without a copy of the certificate.
You need your original appointment card.

Vaccine Certificates from HHH are rarer than rocking horse droppings.

Points 51; Position 21
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

For what it's worth, I had my 2nd AZ jab in Bkk on Sunday, and was able to collect the certificate there and then.
Talk is cheap
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Thanks for above replies.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, it seems that is the case with most hospitals, but not HHH.

I was at HHH for my quarterly check-up on Thursday, and watched 2 Farangs trying to get a vaccine certificate. They were told no, and they should produce their original appointment cards if they needed proof.

Points 51; Position 21
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Has anyone had their 2nd jab with BCCT yet and if so what paperwork do they issue ?
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:57 pm Yes, it seems that is the case with most hospitals, but not HHH.

I was at HHH for my quarterly check-up on Thursday, and watched 2 Farangs trying to get a vaccine certificate. They were told no, and they should produce their original appointment cards if they needed proof.
I see two possible things going on here. 1) Is that the Gov should get involved, if not already, and make issuance of a certificate mandatory/law for obvious reasons. 2) Would an offer to pay change the clerks answer to "OK"?
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

They are obviously available because I got one, eventually. HHH are using the certs for some other admin purpose, and it was only the fact I spotted a copy of mine being used for something else that I asked and got one. When I'd asked previously, I thought I'd grown a second head judging by the way the girl looked at me.

Points 51; Position 21
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

PeteC wrote:Those whose phones are registered to one person in the household are going to have a problem with Mor Phrom I would think.

LIke us, all three mobile numbers (her's, mine and daughter's) are registered to the wife for ease of bill paying and management.

I would think Mor Phorm would look to match who the number is registered to against the name applying for the app and reject it if no match...IMO.
Not so in my case. My sim is registered in my wife's name, as is her sim. I don't think the app is that smart that it can check sim registrations.

For Mor Phrom it's one phone number per one person.

Mor Phrom can also be accessed via LINE rather than using the app. That may be easier for some people.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ ^ It could be that they need to prove to the Gov how many shots they've given. They get the vaccine free from the Gov., but I imagine they also get paid to administer it.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

hhinner wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:40 pm
PeteC wrote:Those whose phones are registered to one person in the household are going to have a problem with Mor Phrom I would think.

LIke us, all three mobile numbers (her's, mine and daughter's) are registered to the wife for ease of bill paying and management.

I would think Mor Phorm would look to match who the number is registered to against the name applying for the app and reject it if no match...IMO.
Not so in my case. My sim is registered in my wife's name, as is her sim. I don't think the app is that smart that it can check sim registrations.

For Mor Phrom it's one phone number per one person.

Mor Phrom can also be accessed via LINE rather than using the app. That may be easier for some people.
That is good and promising news. :cheers:
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

joelle wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:12 pm
lomuamart wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:03 am So, to get the vaccination certificate/passport, I just need to bowl up at HHH enquiry desk at the main entrance with my original appointment card that shows I got both jabs and make a request. Is that correct?

As things start to open up here, the chances of my making a visit to the UK are growing. I'm not worried about the hospital paperwork for entry to the UK (10 days self-isolation here I come) but I want to make my life easier when I return so I don't get hit with quarantine as I'm fully jabbed up.

I appreciate that Thailand's entry requirements are in a state of flux at the moment so I'm not rushing off to book flights quite yet but I'm sure that the certificate/passport will make life more simple.

Thanks for any help.
you need a copy of your passport (also original to show) and a copy of your vaccination document with the QR code.
At Hua Hin hospital :
- going in through the main entrance
- on the right there is the information desk
- show copies and passport to the young person who speaks good English
- following this, you'll need to go to the cashier on the left, counter n° 7, handing over copies and 50 baht for which you get a receipt
- back to information desk, signing copy of passport and writing a phone number where you can be reached
- give everything to the lady
- she will return the receipt (which needs to be shown when picking up the certificate)
- she will phone in 4 weeks time to tell you that the certificate is ready to be picked up
Do you know if the above procedure also will be applicable for they who got their shots at Bangkok Hua Hin Hospital and have got a vaccine certificate with a QR code and a message from the hospital (BHH) to go to Hua Hin hospital for issuance of vaccine passport? Not that I have any plans about travelling abroad but should anyway like to have the vaccine passport.
Thank you,
hahuahin.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

joelle wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:12 pm you need a copy of your passport (also original to show) and a copy of your vaccination document with the QR code.
I'm sorry, but I've only just spotted this. HHH do not issue this document - I had to ask for mine. It has to be the original appointment card if you were vaccinated at HHH.

Points 51; Position 21