Vaccines - Covid 19

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.

Full time or part time foreign residents of Thailand which vaccine(s) have you or will you receive?

______First__________________
No votes
AstraZeneca
15%
Johnson & Johnson
1%
Moderna
1%
Pfizer
18%
Sinopharm
1%
Sinovac
14%
Other
No votes
______Second________________
No votes
AstraZeneca
25%
Moderna
3%
Pfizer
20%
Sinopharm
1%
Sinovac
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 79

Big Boy

Re: Vaccines - Covid 19

Post by Big Boy »

caller wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:28 pm Well it's happening for you, but it certainly isn't for me. Maybe your case is an odd one out? I had one reminder and then they stopped. I never heard from them again.

Whatever, they won't be wasted.
I definitely know it is a lot more than just me. Of course they won't be wasted, but they could be used more efficiently by vaccinating those who registered, rather than letting those who couldn't be bothered jump the queue.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

hhinner wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:39 pm I'm at HHH now, it being my wife's second injection. We got here at 10.30 and she just had the jab at 1.30. 3 hour wait! And still the after jab wait to go.
Wow :shock:

I was aiming to take Mrs BB at about 10:30 this morning, but changed my mind at the last minute due to perceived car parking problems. We arrived at 7:30, and I was in the 30 minute queue to get out of the car park by 8:10.

I must say, I've never seen the hospital so busy as when I left. There were cars queuing for the multi-storey through the back entrance back to Soi 10, and the queue in through the main entrance was crazy. There were 2 lines of cars trying to get into an already over-filled car park. The car park itself was like a battlefield with cars abandoned everywhere.

The foot queue for the lift up to the vaccination centre was a good 400 metres long. I upset the lift helper again by getting a down lift and refusing to join the back of the 400 mtr queue to go back up again. I could have walked, but not with the wheelchair.

In the vaccination centre itself, everything was as efficient as ever. Mrs BB being in a wheelchair meant she avoided any queuing. We encountered a queue for lifts trying to get back to the car, but a nice young lady told us to follow her, and we + 2 other wheelchairs were led to an ample secret service lift.

I encountered a lot of congestion, but nowhere near the congestion poor hhinner and his wife encountered. I obviously had a lucky escape.

It will be interesting to see how many people were vaccinated today. Crazy thing is, Mrs hhinner's appointment was moved to 'avoid congestion.'

Points 51; Position 21
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

My 2nd jab is due at the end of October at Bangrak with BCCT and if, as flagged, we are offered the jab in our home town I think, after the above report, I'll not bother and drag my ass to BKK where excellent safety protocols are in place.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy wrote:
hhinner wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:39 pm I'm at HHH now, it being my wife's second injection. We got here at 10.30 and she just had the jab at 1.30. 3 hour wait! And still the after jab wait to go.
Wow :shock:

I was aiming to take Mrs BB at about 10:30 this morning, but changed my mind at the last minute due to perceived car parking problems. We arrived at 7:30, and I was in the 30 minute queue to get out of the car park by 8:10.

I must say, I've never seen the hospital so busy as when I left. There were cars queuing for the multi-storey through the back entrance back to Soi 10, and the queue in through the main entrance was crazy. There were 2 lines of cars trying to get into an already over-filled car park. The car park itself was like a battlefield with cars abandoned everywhere.

The foot queue for the lift up to the vaccination centre was a good 400 metres long. I upset the lift helper again by getting a down lift and refusing to join the back of the 400 mtr queue to go back up again. I could have walked, but not with the wheelchair.

In the vaccination centre itself, everything was as efficient as ever. Mrs BB being in a wheelchair meant she avoided any queuing. We encountered a queue for lifts trying to get back to the car, but a nice young lady told us to follow her, and we + 2 other wheelchairs were led to an ample secret service lift.

I encountered a lot of congestion, but nowhere near the congestion poor hhinner and his wife encountered. I obviously had a lucky escape.

It will be interesting to see how many people were vaccinated today. Crazy thing is, Mrs hhinner's appointment was moved to 'avoid congestion.'
I didn't have any trouble with parking though I thought I might. Soi 10 was full of parked cars, and there were even cars parked on the opposite side of petchkasem.

They said they were doing 1000 AZ today, and as we left they were separating the rows of chairs on 10th floor to accommodate Sinovac jabees.

When we arrived there was also Sinopharm vaccination happening on the 8th floor. That probably helped increase the crowding.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

When I was there, the first 3 rows were Sinovac, the next 4 rows were AZ and about 6 rows of Sinopharm. I knew nothing about floor 8 jabs. Even when I arrived early the queue for the car park was as long as I've known it, but I drove straight to Floor 5 and found plenty of space. 45 minutes later, it was mental.

Points 51; Position 21
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I went today for my first jab, Pfizer, at BKK hospital. In, and out in under an hour, very efficient.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

sateeb wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:32 pm My 2nd jab is due at the end of October at Bangrak with BCCT and if, as flagged, we are offered the jab in our home town I think, after the above report, I'll not bother and drag my ass to BKK where excellent safety protocols are in place.
I'd already decided to turn up for my second jab at BCCT despite the offer of a second jab here.
It's guaranteed. Has ample parking. Very well organised. The vaccination certificate produced automatically.

So I'm with you Sateeb.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

HHTel wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:50 pm
sateeb wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:32 pm My 2nd jab is due at the end of October at Bangrak with BCCT and if, as flagged, we are offered the jab in our home town I think, after the above report, I'll not bother and drag my ass to BKK where excellent safety protocols are in place.
I'd already decided to turn up for my second jab at BCCT despite the offer of a second jab here.
It's guaranteed. Has ample parking. Very well organised. The vaccination certificate produced automatically.

So I'm with you Sateeb.
My appt. is at 9am so I've decided to drive down the day before rather than setting off at silly o'clock. Through hotels.com I got a room on the executive level at just under 4k baht(usually more than double the price) at the Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit, so free food and drink(hopefully restrictions relaxed) and a bloody good breakfast, arriving well refreshed and relaxed for the jab. :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Looks like they’re going all out to be able to open Hua Hin to tourists from 1st October

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:57 pm Looks like they’re going all out to be able to open Hua Hin to tourists from 1st October
That's my thinking too, so I'm another that will stick with Bkk for my 2nd jab, although it's not until 10 October.
Talk is cheap
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:46 pm I definitely know it is a lot more than just me. Of course they won't be wasted, but they could be used more efficiently by vaccinating those who registered, rather than letting those who couldn't be bothered jump the queue.
Not the local hospitals fault, but as said elsewhere, the whole vaccine programme here has been a mess from start to finish. And the pressure has been there to vaccinate HH asap. The funny thing is, that those who waited, not being happy with sinovac, suddenly had better options. Then again, two close neighbours of mine, of that certain age, have chosen not to be vaccinated, which is a pain.
Talk is cheap
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

HHH Vax Schedule
241983217_4545869672110936_6102873527678022592_n.jpg
(166.35 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

hhinner wrote:HHH Vax Schedule
241983217_4545869672110936_6102873527678022592_n.jpg
Comments on closung time please, how strict etc

Does that mean I can arrive at just before 15.00 and queue from there?

(as opposed to they stop vaccinating at 15.00 and will turn you away )

Maybe someone can comment from previous visits

For my first jab I went at 13.00 so I'm none the wiser

My plan is to go as late as possible

Someone on here went quite late on a few weeks back and sailed in & out if I recall

TIA

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

If you read further up the thread, you will see that I went with Mrs BB early yesterday, and it took longer getting through the arriving hordes on my way home than it did going through the vaccine process. Poor hhinner and his wife arrived 3 hours later, and wrote after 3 hours of waiting.

HHH is really ramping up the vax process at the moment, and numbers attending are huge. My recommendation would be to get there early, not late.

Points 51; Position 21
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:If you read further up the thread, you will see that I went with Mrs BB early yesterday, and it took longer getting through the arriving hordes on my way home than it did going through the vaccine process. Poor hhinner and his wife arrived 3 hours later, and wrote after 3 hours of waiting.

HHH is really ramping up the vax process at the moment, and numbers attending are huge. My recommendation would be to get there early, not late.
Plus if you get there late, you run the risk that they might have exhausted the vaccine supply for that day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk