'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: 'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

Post by handdrummer »

buksida wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:02 am Just observation here and a little of my own experience. There seems to be two types of experience which are correlated to visa type. Those on retirement extensions, which are effectively just rubber stamped locally, sail through and think immigration officers are all angels. Those on others such as marriage/student/child support extensions generally get a totally different immigration experience which is far from easy or pleasant.
I think that you are correct. I've only applied for retirement visas and never had a problem. At the old offices there wasn't a guard dog and we just took a number and waited till it came up on the sign. Maybe this guy is due for retirement and they had to find something for him to do.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Actually, I think he has retired, and he's there to share his vast experience with us (a lesser form of the brilliant photo-copy lady). We too got the magic potion sales pitch, but I didn't mind that as he was helpful at the same time.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
TunnelRats
Amateur
Amateur

Post by TunnelRats »

caller wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:27 pm
TunnelRats wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:34 pm
Any comments on that?
I'm happy to be corrected, but I don't believe the old combination method became a part of the new rules.

Was he okay, were they lenient as promised?
Hi caller,

they were lenient, 90days-long!!
"This login session $13,99 but for you $12,78"
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:07 pm Actually, I think he has retired, and he's there to share his vast experience with us (a lesser form of the brilliant photo-copy lady). We too got the magic potion sales pitch, but I didn't mind that as he was helpful at the same time.
I just found out that he's retired, which means he has no authority over anything or anyone and certainly no authority to come uninvited to my house. Helpful? Not so much. Rude and arrogant would be a better description. Maybe that's his nature; too many yrs. in the immigration police.

While I was there an IM cop, wearing armor and a sidearm, accompanied by 2 US Federal agents, armed, came in and went into the back room. Very curious. What are US Federal agents doing here?
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

handdrummer wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:17 pm
Big Boy wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:07 pm Actually, I think he has retired, and he's there to share his vast experience with us (a lesser form of the brilliant photo-copy lady). We too got the magic potion sales pitch, but I didn't mind that as he was helpful at the same time.
I just found out that he's retired, which means he has no authority over anything or anyone and certainly no authority to come uninvited to my house. Helpful? Not so much. Rude and arrogant would be a better description. Maybe that's his nature; too many yrs. in the immigration police.

While I was there an IM cop, wearing armor and a sidearm, accompanied by 2 US Federal agents, armed, came in and went into the back room. Very curious. What are US Federal agents doing here?
This might be your answer: "Thai immigration police working with the department of Homeland Security Investigations of the USA have announced the arrest of a man who had been hiding out in Hua Hin."
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

This might be your answer: "Thai immigration police working with the department of Homeland Security Investigations of the USA have announced the arrest of a man who had been hiding out in Hua Hin."

Thank you, that sounds right.
Chazz14
Professional
Professional

Post by Chazz14 »

- - Apologies in advance for a long post, but always be prepared for anything… - -

I visited Tha Yang Immi. this morning with Mrs C to try and have a chat about my Retirement Visa extension, TransferWise (TFW), etc. It’s not due until January, so just an inquiry at this stage.

I spoke to the a lady and explained about TFW and showed her how the TFW monthly receipts tallied with the SCB credits a day or so later. I also showed her my SCB savings a/c bank book and produced my annual pension co. letter from last December.

She totaled up my pension credits this year to date, added my saving balance (THB430,000) and announced that it wasn’t enough. I quickly reminded her that there were another four months pay days left before I renewed. 1-0 to me… I also pointed out that my pension + savings amounted to THB900,000 plus.

She then went off and conferred with another lady.

She returned, and ignoring me, started to talking to Mrs C who went into “subservient Thai being (sort of) lectured by a Police Officer” mode. The Immi lady handed back my papers, together with a copy of the “latest” Ret. Visa requirements. These matched the Police Order dated January 19 (but was worded slightly differently - see below). She also scribbled a phone no. on a Post-It note. I thought “here we go!”

As that seemed to signal the end of play, we left.

Outside, Mrs C advised that she was told that the “new” requirements are either all money in a Thai Bank or all pension. The combination of Bank + pension had (she said) been axed, apparently.

Mrs C assured me that the Immi lady could assist me when the time came to extend my visa - nudge, nudge - know what I mean...

Both the Police Order dated Jan 19 and the Ret. Visa requirements (received today) clearly state that a third option of COMBINED earnings/TOTAL income of no less/at least THB800,000 is acceptable.

A clear own goal by the Immi. lady who herself supplied a document which completely shot down her own argument!

(I must always remember to take the two documents with me to Immi...)
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

None of the TM sheets are accurate. There are several items missing on the TM7 (Marriage visa ext.) As usual, everything depends on the officer your dealing with.
cheshiremusicman2
Novice
Novice

Re: Retirement Visa Extension and Transferwise

Post by cheshiremusicman2 »

I've just done my 90 days check and I was told by the head of Bluport Immigration in HH that the seasoning required is 2 months prior to the application date,which for me will be the expiry date, so that is what I will be doing.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

cheshiremusicman2 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:01 pm I've just done my 90 days check and I was told by the head of Bluport Immigration in HH that the seasoning required is 2 months prior to the application date,which for me will be the expiry date, so that is what I will be doing.
Regardless of which method that you use it is a very risky option to have the seasoning date coincide with the expiry date of any extension of stay. The extension can be done at least 30 days before the current due date, which allows plenty of time to make sure all the requirements are in place, and time to correct it if there is a problem.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Agreed Nereus. It takes only a minor problem to cause a delay. If waiting for the last day of your extension then you're stuffed should there be a problem. There's a window before it expires but none after.
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

Nereus wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:24 pm
cheshiremusicman2 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:01 pm I've just done my 90 days check and I was told by the head of Bluport Immigration in HH that the seasoning required is 2 months prior to the application date,which for me will be the expiry date, so that is what I will be doing.
Regardless of which method that you use it is a very risky option to have the seasoning date coincide with the expiry date of any extension of stay. The extension can be done at least 30 days before the current due date, which allows plenty of time to make sure all the requirements are in place, and time to correct it if there is a problem.
2 years ago I was advised I could do the extension 45 days before the due date and confirmed it for the last 2 years.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Scout wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:43 am
2 years ago I was advised I could do the extension 45 days before the due date and confirmed it for the last 2 years.
I agree that it is 45 days, however the point being made by Nereus and HHT was that irrespective of the number of days in advance you can apply for the extension, using the seasoning period up to the last day of validity of the current extension of stay is taking a huge risk, just in case something goes wrong in this ever-changing world of Immigration rules and regulations.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

……………….just in case something goes wrong in this ever-changing world of Immigration rules and regulations.
It doesn't even have to be anything to do with Immigration per se. Have a car or motor bike accident on the way to Immigration and spend the rest of the day at the police station, or worse, the hospital, and you are out of luck for any extension. The list is endless.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:19 am
Scout wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:43 am

I agree that it is 45 days, however the point being made by Nereus and HHT was that irrespective of the number of days in advance you can apply for the extension, using the seasoning period up to the last day of validity of the current extension of stay is taking a huge risk, just in case something goes wrong in this ever-changing world of Immigration rules and regulations.
When I renewed my Marriage visa last year I came earlier than 30 days but under 45 days prior to expiry. I was not allowed to do the extension before it was within the 30 days. This was in February 2018. Did it change after that?
YNWA